Xbox running very slow and freezing

Discus and support Xbox running very slow and freezing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Looking for some help. I haven't used my Xbox one in a while (over 6 months) and this weekend thought I would have a game. Turned it on and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by antony and, Mar 29, 2020.

1. antony and
    antony and Guest

Hi all,

Looking for some help. I haven't used my Xbox one in a while (over 6 months) and this weekend thought I would have a game. Turned it on and it got stuck on the green page.

So followed steps and did factory reset. First did this with keeping games and it took a few attempts to reset with downloading latest updates. When it turned on, it was slow and I couldn't load any games.

So I did a full reset wiping everything. Managed to set everything back up and installed a few games. Then I tried playing them. It took forever (over 15 minutes) for them to load anything. Then when I did get to play it would freeze and jump around.

It is showing all updated and is connected with Ethernet cable on 200mb connection. I have only used 50% of hard drive space.

Just purchased gold for a year and worried this was a waste of money now.

Any help or advice?

Thanks in advance

:)

antony and, Mar 29, 2020
  2. KienanG Win User

The exact same is doing it to my xbox and dont know how to fix it
  3. IrakUlm8M Win User

the same thing happened to me aswell i ended up having a first gen xbox one and upgraded to the xbox x and it made a huge difference in games and loading maps.
  4. undeadboyCZ777undead Win User

I got same problem on xbox 360 few years ago maybe its not it but if you can (and want) open your xbox and clean it from dust for me it worked the speed came back to normal but not sure if on xbox one can dust in xbox cause the same problem :/
  5. xKAYLEEx1979x Win User

Hi.. the exact same thing is happening to me but I've played on it every day

It's only started happening briefly this past week but last night I had a power cut n when it came back on my xbox system had the new screen format update

Turned my xbox on this morning and for the past 2 hours I have done nothing but reset cache and factory reset keeping games

It's still freezing and being slow

I'm at my wits end now
  6. antony and Win User

Try performing a hard reset by pressing the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts off completely. Then unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes
    Sorry for slow reply.

Just tried this and it is still running really really slow. Failing to load games.

Anything else you can think of doing?

Thanks
Thema:

1. Xbox running very slow and freezing - Similar Threads - running very slow

2. Xbox running very slow, can't launch any game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox running very slow, can't launch any game: I have a original 2013 XB1. About two weeks ago I had multiple game updates come at the same time. I have fairly slow internet and that week there were a series of storms where I live, resulting...
  3. Xbox one is running very slow and keeps crashing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one is running very slow and keeps crashing.: Hi my xbox one keeps crashing and is running very slow. I have tried hard resetting and I have cleared my cash, removed and re installed my account. I even asked one of the xbox experts on here....
  4. COD WW2 run very slowly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD WW2 run very slowly: I have a problem with my game. It run properly, but during battles it 's very very slow, like with a PC without enough RAM! I never saw that before, do you have any idea?...
  5. Microsoft Sudoku is running very slowly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Sudoku is running very slowly: I play both Microsoft Solitare and Sudoku. Solitare runs great. Sudoku is extremely slow and annoying. Why is this and , more importantly, why has nobody fixed it yet ?...
  6. Ad's running very slow and then stops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ad's running very slow and then stops: Ever since the latest update to Window's 10 I have not been able to play the free version of Xbox Solitare. When I try to play a game the ad screen comes up and moves at a snails pace and then...
  7. Jigsaw does not work keeps running away from the cursor very frustrating can you fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jigsaw does not work keeps running away from the cursor very frustrating can you fix it: Jigsaw does not work keeps running away from the cursor very frustrating can you fix it f2ba3e99-2d99-4d10-937f-512719524098
  8. Black ops running very slow!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black ops running very slow!!!: Anyone else having issues with black ops on backwards compatibility?Been working fine but last week or so it slows down to a snails pace.Not just on multiplayer but on campaign too.driving me...
  9. After last update on Xbox 360 Madden 15 running very slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last update on Xbox 360 Madden 15 running very slow?: After latest Xbox 360 update the Madden 15 game became very sluggish. I've tried clearing cache and deleting all downloaded demos on hard drive. 20 gigs of space available, anyone else having this...
  10. Xbox 360 slim running very slow and wont connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim running very slow and wont connect to live: So recently my 360 has started running very slow taking about 5 mins just to complete the start up process, when i get to to the sign in screen i select my profile which then takes another few...