Xbox screen time limits not working

Discus and support Xbox screen time limits not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi My son is set up as part of my family group. I have set up screen limits and max. usage per day but they are not working; he appears to be able to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by David Anning, Dec 1, 2018.

1. David Anning
    David Anning Guest

Hi

My son is set up as part of my family group. I have set up screen limits and max. usage per day but they are not working; he appears to be able to go on at anytime and for as long as he wants.

I believe his account is set up correctly as we get usage information about how long he has been on his xbox and we also get emails / messages when he attempts to buy things.

I've read various articles and tried all the Microsoft advice but nothing works.

Please advise.

Thanks

:)

David Anning, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Screen Time Limits Not Working

When I first set screen time limits for my son's account by duration (x hours per day) all worked. when I added a time window to the limits (3p to 7p per day) the limits stopped working. Even if I block all access for the day my son can still play. Please
    help!

thanks

Linda KayErickson, Dec 1, 2018
  3. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Screen Time Limits Not Working

Hi there,

to be sure check if the Screen time settings are correct at: Microsoft account | Your family

After that have your son's account Sign out and Sign in again on the console.

Also be sure to have the console do a full power cycle via the following steps:

try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait until the power supply light turns and remains orange for at least 30 seconds before powering on again:
    Restart or Power Cycle Xbox One Console

Let us know the results

WPAK, Dec 1, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Hello David!

Thank you for bringing this inquiry to us here on the forums. I understand you are trying to see screen usage limits for your sons child account is that correct? You would have to sign into an adult account responsible for the child account in the family
    and set up the screen time limits from the adult account for the child account. Give it a try and let us know how it goes with a reply.

XBF George L, Dec 1, 2018
  5. David Anning
    David Anning Guest
    Hi

I have already done that. My account is the responsible account.

Thanks

David

6. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Hello David,

Sorry for the issue with the settings. We suggest refreshing the settings for the screen time limit. Change all the screen time limits to default, save it then log out of the website. Sign back in then go and change the screen time limits to where you like
    and see if that helps. Also check on the console he may have another account he signs into when the screen time is up. Since you are getting notifications, etc. it does seem to be working to a degree.

Thanks,

Brad

XBF Brad A, Dec 1, 2018
  7. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    It's possible you have them set up incorrectly. It wasn't working for me either but I realized it was an error with how I set it up. Below is an image from my kids screen limits. Does yours look the same?

Xbox screen time limits not working [​IMG]

brandiesel1, Dec 1, 2018
  8. David Anning
    David Anning Guest

Hi

tried what you suggested but don't think it's working. I've tried to block to all access today as a test but so far he's been on it over 5 hours.

Any further ideas?

thanks

9. David Anning
    David Anning Guest
    Thanks for the reply. Pretty sure I had it set up correctly.

10. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    He could very easily use a different account or create a new one as a way to circumvent screen limits. Screen limits on affect the accounts, and not the console.

Have a look at his Xbox and see if there are other accounts. When you go to sign in, you'll see them if they are there.

brandiesel1, Dec 1, 2018
  11. David Anning
    David Anning Guest
    Hi

Have checked. No other accounts that I can see.

Pretty sure there's something odd about his account as according to the weekly report we got on Monday, he was online for >12 hours on Sunday which is simply wrong.

Hopefully someone from Xbox / Microsoft will come up with something.

Thanks for your suggestions.

David Anning, Dec 4, 2018
  12. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hi David,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

To troubleshoot if there is something wrong with his account indeed, I suggest making a test account using an email you can create your self during account creation with Outlook or another one you may not use, then add that account to your family and set
    screen limits. To replicate your son's account you can set it to his age and set the same screen limits you would on your son's account and let's see if they work as intended on the test account.

Here is how to create an account and then add it to the Xbox:

You can always remove the test account once you've completed the troubleshooting from the Xbox.

XBF Diego M, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Xbox screen time limits not working - Similar Threads - screen limits working

2. screen time limit for kids

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen time limit for kids: ,Hello I would like to operate "time screen" for my children but the problem is that my child already has all games related to my acoount as I didnt create in advace a different acoount for him...
  3. xbox one screen time limits dont work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox one screen time limits dont work?: I've spent hours trying to set up the screen time limits in my microsoft account to limit my kids screen time. I've looked at several posts, and many videos and its all been done correctly (it...
  4. Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account?: Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account? eae6d1aa-1e1e-4dde-ac63-6e37d6ec4eef
  5. Child screening time limit not working for some games.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child screening time limit not working for some games.: I already set screening time for my kids account on xbox one settings. While this time limit working for most games, it does not works for some games (some game selections in fifa 17) and dome...
  6. Screen time limits do not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen time limits do not work: I have been trying for a couple months to set and limit screen time for my kid on the Xbox One. Sometimes it will work for a couple days, but then stops working. The reporting doesn't work...
  7. Screen Time limits not working for son on XBox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen Time limits not working for son on XBox One: This is a long running issue, but I've still no resolution to it, so am looking for fresh ideas. Essentially, my son can play on the XBox One as long as he likes, as it does not end his session...
  8. Adult account screen time limit?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adult account screen time limit?: Hello- Hope this is the proper place to ask this question. I'm trying to figure out if I can set screen time limits on the adult account? When we first bought the xbox one s, I didnt realize...
  9. Screen time limits don’t appear to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen time limits don’t appear to work: hi all, I have read and done everything I can find on this subject yet nothing seems to work, I set up blocks of time for my son to be able to use his xbox, 4 hour blocks with 2 hrs break...
  10. Screen Time Limits Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen Time Limits Not Working: When I first set screen time limits for my son's account by duration (x hours per day) all worked. when I added a time window to the limits (3p to 7p per day) the limits stopped working. Even...