Xbox screen time settings no longer working

Discus and support Xbox screen time settings no longer working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all I am having huge issues getting xbox scredn time settings to now work on my sons account. I have checked other forums and tried various... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GarronOwen, Sep 27, 2018.

1. GarronOwen
    GarronOwen Guest

Hi all I am having huge issues getting xbox scredn time settings to now work on my sons account. I have checked other forums and tried various solutions but none seem to work.

The issue i am having is that the screen time settings on my family settings dont always seem to carry over into my sons family account. Quite often he logs on and the screen limit says 00:00 when i have blocked a day or displays the end of the block time
    (e.g. 16:00) I have set for a day but ignores the play time limit I have set.

I have tried removing his account, restsring the xbox and thus clearing the cache. When I do this and re add his account the screen time settings activate and start being carried through to my sons account. However when the xbox is subsequently restarted
    the same issue happens and the screen time limits/settings dont carry through again. To get screen time to work i am having to do this process on a daily basis. Can anyone advice on how i can get the settings to remain after the machine is turned off?

Thanks

:)

GarronOwen, Sep 27, 2018
  2. xBox 1 screen time settings not working

+1 with this problem. any fix available?

GhostFaceZebra, Sep 27, 2018
  3. BushGirl1972
    BushGirl1972 Guest
    xBox 1 screen time settings not working

I have set the screen time restrictions for my child's profile via my family settings online. These time restrictions are not taking effect on my child's Xbox 1 profile. (I have reset, rebooted and confirmed the correct account is being used.)

BushGirl1972, Sep 27, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey Owen!

Thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us! If it hasn't been attempted already check out the

restrictions for child account
    page on our website. Make sure the account settings are set correctly on the child account! Give it a shot and let us know if it helped =)

XBF Nestor S, Sep 27, 2018
  5. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey Owen!

Thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us! If it hasn't been attempted already check out the

restrictions for child account
    page on our website. Make sure the account settings are set correctly on the child account! Give it a shot and let us know if it helped =)
  6. GhostFaceZebra Win User

xBox 1 screen time settings not working

+1 with this problem. any fix available?
  7. Mister Beep Win User

Screen time set up

PTMQ,

The best section for a feature like this may be our
    Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings
    section. However, I am happy to share that shortly after your post was made, a family timer feature was introduced! Parents who have child accounts can now set screen time limitations through our
    Microsoft Family page. Be sure to be signed into the parent account to set those limitations.

Hope this helps.
  8. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Screen time set up

You can post your suggestions at the feedback site: https://xbox.uservoice.com
  9. Aomega001 Win User

Screen time set up

You can post your suggestions at the feedback site:
    https://xbox.uservoice.com
    I would if there was a section available regarding screen time!
Thema:

1. Xbox screen time settings no longer working - Similar Threads - screen settings longer

2. I’m seeing a blank screen with my xBox One X set up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m seeing a blank screen with my xBox One X set up.: Recently, I bought an X Box One X. I’m attempting to set it up. Everything seems plugged in (HDMI out to tv’s HDMI in jack, the power jack (cord’s in securely) (to a surge protector), connected to...
  3. Xbox One stuck on settings screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One stuck on settings screen: I am not sure if this explanation will make sense but, my xbox one is stuck on the settings screen. I have tried to hard reset it and restore it back to factory settings. this is the second time...
  4. XBOXの設定画面に入れません [Edit - Translation] - I can not enter the XBOX setting screen

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOXの設定画面に入れません [Edit - Translation] - I can not enter the XBOX setting screen: 「Xboxのプライバシーとオンラインの安心設定」をしたいのですが、いくらサインインを繰り返してもXbox.comの設定画面に入れません。現象としては、何度やっても、Microsoftサポートの画面(以下URL)に戻ってしまいます。...
  5. Setting up screen time limits

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up screen time limits: Why is this so difficult? I had to create an email account for my son to do this. Why can't you just use his gametag name to identify him? So it didn't work and trouble shooting said something...
  6. Setting screen time for adults/parent accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting screen time for adults/parent accounts: The introduction of screen time for child accounts is welcome, but the lack of them for adult and parent accounts is puzzling, as I think it would help everyone. Apple's screen time works for any...
  7. Family- setting screen time on adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family- setting screen time on adult account: We have family account but sadly the x box account is in my name (adult).it appears I can only set screen time/parental controls on the child account. Can I set screen time limits on the xbox...
  8. In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    In IDLE OPTIONS, can you set for NO screen dimming at all?: It has begun dimming in the middle of watching a bluray or TV. d58a41ef-12ff-4976-9ab2-a05dd677dcfb
  9. screen time on xbox does not match settings on account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    screen time on xbox does not match settings on account: I have screen time set to allow play from 4pm till 11pm. On Fridays, I usually turn the limits off if my son doesn't have homework, then turn the limits back around 10pm so that the xbox shuts...
  10. Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account?: Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account? eae6d1aa-1e1e-4dde-ac63-6e37d6ec4eef