Xbox Sereis X controller Left Stick and D-Pad movement is uncontrollable at times after...

Discus and support Xbox Sereis X controller Left Stick and D-Pad movement is uncontrollable at times after... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm really starting to hate that I bought I a Series X. One of my controllers is out of control when I lightly press the D-Pad or Left Stick. I went to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gerald46547645873459, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Xbox Sereis X controller Left Stick and D-Pad movement is uncontrollable at times after...

I'm really starting to hate that I bought I a Series X. One of my controllers is out of control when I lightly press the D-Pad or Left Stick. I went to the Xbox Assist App to Revert the Firmware but when I go to "My controller has connection issues after the last update", and I choose "Check controller firmware" it takes me to the screen and it says "Something went wrong. Your controller is already up to date". It does it even when I hard wire the controller with the batteries in or out.

Why isn't there a reset button on the controller? This is useless to me now. I have two other controllers and I refuse to update them. Please fix this trash. I have spent well over $1,000 on this system, controllers, Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions, etc.

This console has been nothing but a disappointment. I should've followed my first mind and stuck with PLAYSTATION. Never will I buy another Xbox anything. I am so &^%&*^*&^ MAD RIGHT NOW!!!

:)

Gerald46547645873459, Sep 18, 2022
  2. Jasperrdm Win User

Button layout

I found one. Chime in if this does not match with what you know.

Xbox One controller layout

Combat

Left Stick - Movement

Right Stick - Aim

Left Stick press - Tactical Power

Right bumper button - Class Mechanic

Right Trigger - At Will 1

Left Trigger - At Will 2

X button - Encounter 1

Y button - Encounter 2

B button - Encounter 3

Left bumper button + X button - Daily 1

Left bumper button + Y button - Daily 2

Left bumper button + B button - Artifact

Non-Combat

Left Stick - Movement

Right Stick - Camera

Right Stick press - AutoRun

A button - Interact

Left menu button - Focus on status

Right menu button - Start menu

D-pad up - Mount

D-pad left - Consumable item 1

D-pad down - Consumable item 2

D-pad right - Consumable item 3

Left bumper button + D-pad up - Map

Left bumper button + D-pad left - Inventory

Left bumper button + D-pad down - Chat

Left bumper button + D-pad right - Invocation

Left bumper button + A button - Jump
  3. AridLizard Win User

Which is the right or left control sticks on the controller?

the Left stick is the one by the D-Pad, and is usually used to control character movement within a game.

the Right stick is the one by the buttons and is usually used to control the camera/view/aim within games

hope this helps
  4. DashingX360 Win User

Left = Up a lot in Injustice: Gods Among Us on Xbox One

Thanks for the reply, Chris!

I've only played one other game on the Xbox One, and that one just uses the left stick for 360° movement rather than the precise UDLR movement that Injustice uses. It's probably just unwanted movement that the game's interpreting incorrectly. It just unfortunately
    seems to interpret a large range of angles as Up and a relatively small range of angles as Left, which just may be a universal issue with the game. I did switch to the D-Pad, but that hurts my wrists after a moderate amount of time, so I was hoping for a fix
    with the left stick--though the left stick's location on the Xbone controller does hurt my wrist more than the stick's location on the 360 controller, to begin with. 8^)
  5. zanedrummerdx Win User

reset family settings

If it is a xbox 360 slim I have the code. It's LT,RT,LB,RB,X,Y,Left on d-pad,Left on d-pad and Left on d-pad. It reset my family settings.
  6. W4RMIND Win User

The Orange box HELP

Do you mean left on the d-pad or analog stick.
Thema:

Xbox Sereis X controller Left Stick and D-Pad movement is uncontrollable at times after...

1. Xbox Sereis X controller Left Stick and D-Pad movement is uncontrollable at times after... - Similar Threads - Sereis controller Left

2. Xbox pro controller disconnects constantly while plugged in to usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox pro controller disconnects constantly while plugged in to usb: while plugged in to xbox one to charge my pro controller randomly disconnects. The Led lights on the controller continue to stay lit showing the controller is connected and charging but the xbox...
  3. Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share: I seriously wish I googled this b4 I bought the thing today 46165765-6bec-4e5d-b69d-955b8179e8da
  4. Xbox Series X Controller Warranty Date Incorrect; How to Correct?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Warranty Date Incorrect; How to Correct?: I registered my Volt Xbox Series S|X controller online, and the warranty expired prior to my purchase date. Warranty expired in June 2022, but item was purchased 29JUL22. I've tried to contact...
  5. Multiple Controllers Drifting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Controllers Drifting: I've gone through 3 or 4 controllers within around a year and a half. Each of them will start to drift in exactly the same way after around 4 months of using them (right stick drifting up and a...
  6. Battery support for Xbox One controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Battery support for Xbox One controller: Hello, Is it safe to use 2 × 3.7V Li-ion 1200mAh batteries on Xbox One controller? Thanks! efb136e7-5a88-4b55-b12f-025139ed85bd
  7. Xbox One Controller fell 4 feet. now when connected it turns on vibrates and repeating the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller fell 4 feet. now when connected it turns on vibrates and repeating the...: A the title says, the controller fell 4 feet, and now i cant use it in cord mode, It works fine when its wireless, but in cord mode it just wont work. 74fb5284-3240-4e94-83c3-055f2f3fe994
  8. Xbox One Controller not updating via XBOX Accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller not updating via XBOX Accessories app: I have in the XBOX Accessories application in the line Firmware Version 5.13.3143.0. I also have the "update now" button active, but the gamepad does not want to update, the progress bar gets...
  9. Constant controller desyncronisation

in XboX Insiders
    Constant controller desyncronisation: Controller and xbox wireless headset frequently lose connection in 25211.1003.220928-1900 ASA build, 5.15.3168.0 controller and 0.0.9.48 Xbox Wireless Headset driver versions. It was not this...
  10. SEREIS X AND XBOX ONE S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SEREIS X AND XBOX ONE S: Hi I would like to know why each time I try to copy a game from me Series x to my One S it keeps telling me installation canceled? is it because both of them are signed in on the same account?...