Xbox Serie S prevents Son and I on Family account to play different games at the same time

Discus and support Xbox Serie S prevents Son and I on Family account to play different games at the same time in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently got the new 'Series S' for my son while I remained on the 'One X'. Since then MS has prevented my son and I from playing games at the same... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy2, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Xbox Serie S prevents Son and I on Family account to play different games at the same time

I recently got the new 'Series S' for my son while I remained on the 'One X'. Since then MS has prevented my son and I from playing games at the same time. This never happened when he at the 'One S'. Each time either of use is on and the other jumps online, and log into Xbox, it tell the logging on party the I, the parent, cannot play two games at once; however, due to the parent account, my son is automatically logged on under my account. With the Series S, my son loves to play MS flight Simulator while I love to play COD War Zone. Is my setting messed up or is MS really trying to prevent my son and I from enjoying our entertainment? If that's the case, it's new to MS Xbox policy. I hope that's not the case since it wasn't with his previous One S. But if it's, then I may start looking at PlayStation instead. I didn't add my son to my account and paid for his games only to be restricted on how we entertain ourselves. I've an account with Netflix that support four simultaneous login; Netflix never prevents us from being logged on at the same time. Anyway, any assistance resolving this will be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy2, Nov 26, 2021
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox live Gold Share / Epic games account PROBLEMS!

It's still an easy fix, just a little different. Just log in with son 1's account on son 2's Xbox, and make the console the home Xbox. That will then let Son 2 use son 1's Gold with no extra cost. It just means that Son 1 has to be logged into Xbox Live
    all the time on his console to be able to play his games. There is also no such thing as family share. That is why you have to set up the home console to share games and subscriptions.
  3. KittyCat2470 Win User

Xbox Live Gold - how to use on 2 separate consoles at same time?

I have purchased Xbox Live Gold for my oldest son's account and he is playing on an Xbox One S and it is set as his Home console. My younger son now has an Xbox One. We have signed the account with Xbox Live into the younger son's Xbox One. When he attempts to play online with a friend (at the same time that my older son is also on his console playing) he cannot use the Live features to play online. Is there a way I can set up the younger son's Xbox One to be able to use our Xbox Live Gold account at the same time as my older son and on different consoles with different games?
    Hey Jared, No, you can't have 2 consoles, both on the same account and fully online at the same time. You will have to create a new account for the younger son to be online at the same time. Here's a link to create a new account: . After that you need to login to that account on your younger sons Xbox. To login to the new account, Go to the Xbox Guide, Profile & System, Add Or Switch, Add New. Then enter the email and password you did for the new Microsoft Account. Once you have done that, it will guide you through the steps to creating the Xbox Account using the new Microsoft Account. Once that's done, you need to buy another Xbox Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold subscription. If you login to your older sons Xbox using the new Account while your older sons Xbox is set to Home Xbox, your older sons Xbox subscription will be shared with whoever logs in to the Xbox using a different account.

-Mason McAlister

Note: I don't work for Microsoft, i'm just a person like you.
  4. IrritatedMOMwhospent Win User

Why won't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from 1 account to another?

So if son #2 puts his account on son #1's xbox (in another city) son #2 can access the games on son #1s xbox?

Is that the "game sharing?" If so, that won't work since son #1 game shares with someone else.

So really this is why we should have been buying discs this entire time. Same price, different outcome.
  5. Aceghost wolf78 Win User

Xbox Series S / Xbox One signing out issues

I have just bought an Xbox Series S, my son who plays on our account keeps getting logged out when I launch a game on the new console. I need this log on my new console as I have all my previously purchased games. Any ideas? Can I make my sons profile a
    child account and if so will that still means if we play at the same time we will keep signing each other out??

Really don’t want to create a new profile!!
  6. Chris Rein Win User

2 xbox ones in one house. can i share games

[quote user="Jedi dotNET"]

From news.xbox.com/.../license

"Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family
    member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given
    time."

So definitely sounds like different people can be playing on different Xbox Ones at different places. Can they both be playing at the exact same time. That isn't clear.

[/quote]

The words, "anytime, anywhere" and "any given time" sounds like a yes to same time. My son and I want to play together in different places at the same time. That fits the description, right?
Thema:

Xbox Serie S prevents Son and I on Family account to play different games at the same time

1. Xbox Serie S prevents Son and I on Family account to play different games at the same time - Similar Threads - Serie prevents Son

2. Xbox Elite series 2 controller not working on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller not working on PC: I got my new Xbox One elite series 2 controller for playing on PC and I don't currently own an Xbox. 1.- I tried to connect my controller via Bluetooth to my PC but some buttons execute 2 actions...
  3. Xbox series x Halo edition missing halo infinite game...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x Halo edition missing halo infinite game...: Hi. I Have the new xbox series x halo edition and the halo infinite should have came with the console automatically and digitally after you install the console for the first time but the problem...
  4. Xbox Series S only recognizes external HDD as a Media Drive/ No Formatting Option

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S only recognizes external HDD as a Media Drive/ No Formatting Option: Hey All, I recently bought a Toshiba Canvio Ready Portable External Hard Drive 1TB and I plugged it into my Xbox Series S to store last gen games. I saw on various videos when you plug in an...
  5. Elite Controller Series 2 is mapping A Button to open Game Bar PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 is mapping A Button to open Game Bar PC: When wired up to the PC it works fine, when connected to the PC's bluetooth the A button works as intended but ALSO opens and closes the Game Bar, as if I were hitting the Xbox Button. No issues...
  6. Xbox Series X Order

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Order: I ordered an Xbox Series X on November 24, and it's been 2 weeks since then and on the order details it just says, "Pending", but next to that it says, "Estimated Delivery Time December 14". Does...
  7. stereoscopic 3d backwards compatible xbox 360 games for xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    stereoscopic 3d backwards compatible xbox 360 games for xbox series s: I am new to xbox and have an question: I was told that there are no stereoscopic 3d games for the xbox series s but that I can play backward compatible Xbox 360- stereoscopic games on my series s...
  8. Xbox Series X Dolby Atmos delay fixed with 4k 120 hz VRR enabled etc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Dolby Atmos delay fixed with 4k 120 hz VRR enabled etc: On Saturday December 4th I bought an LG C1 65 ". When I connected the xbox directly to the TV to have 4k 120hz VRR etc ... I discovered the delay in the dolby atmos connected to my AVR-X1500H, i...
  9. Xbox series x crashing or turning off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x crashing or turning off: Hi guys recently I got a series x ,and well in some games the Xbox turns off or freezes and then turn off,I saw somebody telling that it was with a recent update which causes most of this...
  10. System update to prevent Xbox turning off while playing nba 2k22 on Xbox series x does not work

in XboX Insiders
    System update to prevent Xbox turning off while playing nba 2k22 on Xbox series x does not work: I am in the Gamma phase and received an update to fix this. The issue is still occurring, just not as often. submitted by /u/External_Nothing576 [link] [comments]