Xbox series 2 controller on PC Bluetooth was working, now won't

Discus and support Xbox series 2 controller on PC Bluetooth was working, now won't in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an Xbox series 2 controller I've been using on PC via bluetooth for awhile. yesterday I connected back to my xbox one x for a day and now it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SimmonsZore, May 11, 2021.

1. SimmonsZore
    SimmonsZore Guest

I have an Xbox series 2 controller I've been using on PC via bluetooth for awhile. yesterday I connected back to my xbox one x for a day and now it won't connect to my PC.

Things to take note:

-My Xbox one x isn't plugged up anymore so that's not the problem
    -My controller works vie wired connection but not bluetooth anymore
    -When I connect my controller via bluetooth, It gets Driver error apon connecting
    -Checked drivers, says drivers are up to date

(this is a very annoying issue since not even 24 hours ago, I never had a problem. It feels like my xbox broke my controller that I just bought not even a month ago)

:)

SimmonsZore, May 11, 2021
  2. Frankyy2k9 Win User

Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 bluetooth problem!

Hi,

I try to connect my Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 via bluetooth on my Ipad Pro 11 inch 2018, but it can't make connection or won't be recognized. The series 2 controller supports bluetooth. I can make connection with the other older version Xbox
    One S wireless controller immediately.

I'd make a phone call with Apple support and they said that maybe the problem could be that the Xbox Elite controller series 2 won't be supported and isn't compatible with Ipad.

I want to know guys if you had the same problem and I want to ask if there will be an update in the future to solve this problem?
    At the moment the series 2 elite controller is not compatible with Iphones/Ipads. At the moment the only device that the series 2 controller is available on IOS side is the Mac and even that it's janky. Series 2 controller works fine on Android at the moment.
    Sorry if this doesn't help you, I myself is waiting for the Bluetooth proprietary to be added to the IOS list
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
  5. IRB Win User

Xbox controllers for windows 10

The Bluetooth controllers don't come with an adaptor, is has Bluetooth built in. The device it connects to need to have Bluetooth to work, if your PC doesn't then you need to get a Bluetooth adapter for the PC.

The wireless part of the controller works on a unique frequency only for the xbox controllers, so it won't work with WiFi, so for your PC to use the Xbox Wireless part, you would need the Xbox Wireless Adapter.
  6. Buachaill Dona Win User

Xbox elite controller 2 question

Thema:

1. Xbox series 2 controller on PC Bluetooth was working, now won't - Similar Threads - series controller Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth issue with Xbox Series S/X wireless controller

in XboX Insiders
    Bluetooth issue with Xbox Series S/X wireless controller: Hello, I bought a used, out of warranty Xbox controller to save some money. I can connect it to my PC with Bluetooth just fine, but if the controller falls asleep due to inactivity it cannot...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Bluetooth Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Bluetooth Connection Issues: I just recently got a Elite Series 2 Controller and was looking forward to using it wirelessly with my PC running Windows 11. I am able to connect it fine over bluetooth but once i get into a game...
  4. Xbox Controller Elite Series 2 PC Bluetooth Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Elite Series 2 PC Bluetooth Issues: Hi, I just bought a new controller to play on Windows 10. However, after connecting it, updating firmware, and getting all Windows updates it is making my games freeze and stutter, while the...
  5. Xbox Series X controller + CSR 4.0 bluetooth issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X controller + CSR 4.0 bluetooth issue: I have bought a CSR 4.0 bluetooth adapter for my windows 10 PC to connect a series x wireless controller for as far as I know the controller uses bluetooth version 4.0. -The bluetooth adapter can...
  6. Multiple Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues - PC Bluetooth Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues - PC Bluetooth Mode: I’m having several issues with my Series 2 controller, especially while connected through Bluetooth. Running current version of Windows 11 with updated controller firmware. All drivers up to...
  7. Xbox Elite series 2 controller doesnt connect to bluetooth once the controller turns off it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller doesnt connect to bluetooth once the controller turns off it...: Hello my contoller never connects to my Pc even i paired him to my pc. If i delete the profile of my controller out of bluetooth then i can re pair and it works - once i turn off the controller or...
  8. XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller PC Will Not Work Via USB Cable (Works Fine Via Bluetooth)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Elite Series 2 Controller PC Will Not Work Via USB Cable (Works Fine Via Bluetooth): I purchased an XBOX Elite Series 2 controller, new, about 2 months ago. The controller communicates with the PC via Bluetooth. But I prefer to play wired for direct input, lower lag, and to avoid...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller doesn't report paddles via Bluetooth with 5.11-5.13 firmware...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller doesn't report paddles via Bluetooth with 5.11-5.13 firmware...: Hello! We are checking each new firmware version, but since it appeared for the Insiders, there is no way to detect and use paddles as separate controls for Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...
  10. Please fix the Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller when connecting to Windows 10 using Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please fix the Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller when connecting to Windows 10 using Bluetooth: Many users, including myself, are unable to connect their Elite Series 2 controller to their Windows 10 PCs using Bluetooth. Following the help / support guides we are prompted to download the...