Xbox Series controller activates random inputs [PC]

Discus and support Xbox Series controller activates random inputs [PC] in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a custom controller a back in June, untill the last month it was going perfectly. Since the last month, the pad randomly pushes buttons. Takes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Arcalmh, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Arcalmh
    Arcalmh Guest

I got a custom controller a back in June, untill the last month it was going perfectly.

Since the last month, the pad randomly pushes buttons. Takes screen captures, the dpad moves by itself, the buttons A, B, X and Y just randomly activates...

I updated to the last version of Windows 11 and the firmware of the pad too so... Not sure what is hapennig

:)

Arcalmh, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please see a well detailed guide on how to troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Controller here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that doesn't help with the issue, you will need to send the device to Microsoft for a service repair/replacement. You can see how to do that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If the controller is still under warranty, the repair/replacement is free. If the warranty has expired, it will cost you a fee depending on the type of controller you own. You can check out Microsoft's out of warranty service cost here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. killjoy D22 Win User

controller fix

is your controller doing random inputs and double inputs? mine started yesterday
  4. reivaxlol Win User

Mic Monitoring Broken - Need Help

It may be a problem with the input of your control or the headset, monitoring is only available when the control detects a 3.5 input, if it does not detect it, it does not activate monitoring
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series Wireless Controller issues on PC

Hello,

Yeah there is clearly a fault here. My Series S controller connects fine via USB C cable but when connected via Bluetooth it's just detected as a generic direct input controller rather than an Xinput Xbox controller.

You would have thought the Windows 10 team would have created a driver for the controller to work correctly over BT? My Xbox One controller still works fine and works on PC and my Series S.

It least we all have the same problem so it's a driver/device issue at the moment.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

my controller syncs up with the adapter but the controller still does not work in games. why is this

Hooking up a controller to the computer is one thing. Another thing is checking if your PC game actually supports controller input.

Some PC games (usually console ports) may have full Xbox controller compatibility out of the box. Other PC games may require you manually map each button and input. The rest simply aren't programmed to use controllers.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series controller activates random inputs [PC] - Similar Threads - Series controller activates

2. I do not have back my xbox series S controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I do not have back my xbox series S controller: Hello, I'm Sergio Mass and live in Mexico. I have a problem with the repair area. In january 1st I had a problem with my controller, the right stick started to moved by its own all time and I...
  3. Xbox elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller: Hello I have the elite series 2 and for the first month everything was fine but more recently my mic has been cutting in and out with it I have the Xbox stereo headset by the way and my friends...
  4. Xbox Series X controller can only turn on xbox but nothing else.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X controller can only turn on xbox but nothing else.: Xbox Series X controller can only turn on my xbox and thats it. Using an xbox one controller seems to be fine but not a series x controller. Anyone else having this issue? Alpha skip ahead build...
  5. Elite series 2 controller connection

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 controller connection: So I came home from work and my fiance told me my controller wasn't working. She said our son was playing on the Xbox with it and then turned it off. And little later he turned it back on and it...
  6. Xbox Series X - Controller disconnects then network disconnects.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Controller disconnects then network disconnects.: Hello I am having an issue where I'll be playing a game on my Xbox Series X and after about 15 minutes my controller will lock up and disconnect and will not reconnect, then after about 5 minutes...
  7. What is going on with Elite Series 2 Controller A button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on with Elite Series 2 Controller A button?: Hello guys! I purchased this controller two weeks ago and today is the second one that I return to the local store for replacement because of a percentage of 'A' button presses that are not...
  8. Series x controller has controller drift

in XboX Insiders
    Series x controller has controller drift: I own two series x controllers and they have bolth controller drift i have owned the first for about 7 months and the second one for two months I have the second one because I claimed the warranty...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won’t work with Xbox Accessories app on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won’t work with Xbox Accessories app on PC: I had bought an elite series 2 controller on kijiji, and as I have found out the guy who owned it before had updated it on his Xbox, with a firmware that doesn’t work on the Xbox accessories pc...
  10. Drift on Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and warranty page generates an error, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Drift on Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and warranty page generates an error, help?: Hi, I have a Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 that has a drift on the left thumb stick, It is registered on the MS website, but when I try to raise a warranty when I click the "Enter a new...