Xbox Series Remote Play Windows 11 = Blurry and blocky, How to change resolution and bitrate?

Discus and support Xbox Series Remote Play Windows 11 = Blurry and blocky, How to change resolution and bitrate? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Network is not an issue, as i also used PS4 Pro remoteplay, and it works handsomely at 1080p60fps. Xbox series S and PS4 Pro are hardwired to gigabit... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by merdeka, Nov 25, 2021.

1. merdeka
    merdeka Guest

Xbox Series Remote Play Windows 11 = Blurry and blocky, How to change resolution and bitrate?

Network is not an issue, as i also used PS4 Pro remoteplay, and it works handsomely at 1080p60fps.

Xbox series S and PS4 Pro are hardwired to gigabit ethernet, windows 11 laptop connected via 5ghz wifi.

:)

merdeka, Nov 25, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey merdeka, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Those issues are happening to a lot of users indeed. I was able to isolate this issue, and it has been happening only on the Series X|S consoles. Not even on the One models happens.

There's nothing to do with the network I believe, since I've done some tests on the older versions of the consoles and used PC and mobile to try to stream, and the same happens on both series S and X that I have.

I do think it's a software issue within those consoles. I've reported this issue on insiders' hub already.
  3. jamiea1991 Win User

Xbox One S doesn't display on the TV any more.

i had same problem. i had to use remote play through the xbox via the xbox app. then changed the resolution back to 4k or whatever as i accidently set it 720p some how and couldnt see the screen to change it back. The remote play allowed me to see the
    screen through my phone. Hope it works and helps
  4. BootstrapGolem Win User

I can't wait!!!

if the forums do change, it'll be to make them more like windows 8...so an ugly blocky mess worse than what we have now.
  5. Mohamedmoh1 Win User

HDMI

When you go to the output video option and change the resolution to 640 x480 the picture works but is very small and when the HDmi option is displayed, a blurry picture appears
  6. Nursemorph Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

Then remote.play wont work

Remote play ala xcloud is only available on gamepass ultimate

Game.streaming.via.the xbox companion app requires a xbox

Keep in mind you can't.use.the.xbox while you are.using.the wireless gamestreaming
    Huh? Remote Play is nothing to do with Xcloud or Game Pass. And if it won't work, then how can they get it working on their Android device? And they have an Xbox so that's not the issue.

They are trying to Remote Play their Series X games from their Series X console to their PC via the Remote Play feature and using the Xbox App. This should work without an issue, as it does with their Android device. There is nothing on the Remote Play page to suggest Game Pass is needed

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoles/remote-play
Thema:

1. Xbox Series Remote Play Windows 11 = Blurry and blocky, How to change resolution and bitrate? - Similar Threads - Series Remote Play

2. Xbox Series X Remote Play Problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Remote Play Problem: Just recently got an Xbox Series X. Previously used an Xbox One X with the companion app to stream video to my PC for Twitch streaming reasons. Worked great! However, now that I have this Xbox...
  3. XBOX Series X remote play only works when connected TV is turned on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X remote play only works when connected TV is turned on.: I have xbox series x , and tried to connect remote play from my windows PC xbox app. Xbox remote play test result was all green. But strange thing is remote play only works when connected TV...
  4. Xbox remote play goes straight to black screen when I try to connect (Xbox series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play goes straight to black screen when I try to connect (Xbox series S): I try to connect to my console in my xbox desktop app, I have windows 10, I even tried to reinstall it, connect everything via ethernet wires, and nothing has worked, I tested with another...
  5. Is it me, or is the remote play for the xbox series complete garbage.

in XboX Insiders
    Is it me, or is the remote play for the xbox series complete garbage.: It totally looks like it's like 640x480 not the 720p they're promising, even if it's 720p it looks blurry as all hecc. Why release a product that only support 720p.... What for phones?! submitted...
  6. Unable to add Xbox Series X to Xbox app for remote play features unless external HDDs are...

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to add Xbox Series X to Xbox app for remote play features unless external HDDs are...: This one threw me for a loop today. I spent the majority of the morning trying to get my console to show up in the consoles section of the Xbox app. I tried all the mobile devices in my house and...
  7. Question on remote play, can I play in another town? Diablo 2 Nintendo Switch vs Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Question on remote play, can I play in another town? Diablo 2 Nintendo Switch vs Series X.: So let's say I'm in a different town, can I use my phone with Xbox to connect and play games on my home Xbox from my phone with my razer controller? Getting a trucking career started and debating...
  8. Cannot remote play, even on home network, on my Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot remote play, even on home network, on my Series X: Remote play has suddenly stopped working both on my iPhone and iPad. It wasn’t too long ago that I didn’t have much trouble with it, but I think with the last alpha skip ahead update is when it...
  9. I can't remote play away from my house on my series s.

in XboX Insiders
    I can't remote play away from my house on my series s.: I dont know why but i cant remote play from my house everything is checked and says it is working but when i go to do it it doesnt work. Remote play features is on too i even tried port forwarding...
  10. Remote play - Xbox Series X to PC HELP

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play - Xbox Series X to PC HELP: Hey gamers, I am in need of some help on this matter. Your input is greatly appreciated. I looking to play remotely on PC with the Xbox Series X. ( Potential graphic card work around for...