Xbox Series S and game discs

Discus and support Xbox Series S and game discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My daughter currently has an Xbox One S. She has The Sims 4 on disc. If I buy her a Series S, will I have to buy the game again because it doesn't have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by phil.watts, Jun 4, 2021.

1. phil.watts
    phil.watts Guest

My daughter currently has an Xbox One S. She has The Sims 4 on disc. If I buy her a Series S, will I have to buy the game again because it doesn't have an optical drive? Will her DLC game packs work if I buy the game digitally?

:)

phil.watts, Jun 4, 2021
  2. Yaniikku Win User

Cod Xbox one to series s

Hi, JoeMcShane1!

You cannot transfer purchased game discs to the Xbox Series S. If you own an Xbox Series S and want to play games that you own on disc, you'll need to purchase them again from the Microsoft Store. If you plan on playing disc games, you may want to get the Xbox Series X instead of the Xbox Series S, as it has a drive.

-
  3. [Farscape] Win User

0x803f8001 Error Xbox Series S

you cannot use disc based games on the series s, you need the disc in the drive to authenticate and prove you own the game. as the series s is all digital you would need the series x to play disc based games.
  4. dempup Win User

New xbox generation

Hi There.

You are not able to use external Disc drives or network transfer of gaming disc to the Series S.

The Series S is digital download only and physical game discs are not usable on the system.
  5. The Kleaner Win User

Xbox Game Disc-to-Digital Availability

This is an incorrect assumption. You can insert an xbox one disc and download updates that may improve visuals and frame rates on Xbox Series X/S but in order to play you still need the disc unless you own the digital version of it.

Xbox Series X will utilize the Xbox One X version of enhancements while Xbox series S will use the Xbox One S enhancements.

You will not get a free game by borrowing or renting a physical version of a game and installing it on Xbox Series X/S.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Series S/X

Hi,

Are you planning to upgrade your monitor to a higher resolution model like 1440P or 4K?

Do you have these games on disc or as digital purchases?

The Series S has no Blu-ray optical drive so if your Xbox One games are on disc, you'll need to buy them again on the Series S. If the cost of re-buying your games is going to be expensive, then the Series S isn't for you. You'll be better off with a Series
    X as you can use your current owned disc games on that straight away.

I'm getting a Series S on launch, I only have a few disc games, but the main reason I went for the S is because I couldn't get an X on pre-order day. But I do intend to replace my S with an X later.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S and game discs - Similar Threads - Series game discs

2. How to validate a purchased disc game for XBOX Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to validate a purchased disc game for XBOX Series S: I bought AC:Valhalla for my XBOX One and played it for several months. I backed up my games to an external drive. A couple days ago I bought the Xbox Series S and restored my back up to it. It...
  3. Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Episodes 2-6 Season Disc download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Episodes 2-6 Season Disc download: Hello @ All and thanks for help. I recently wanted to download the Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series episodes 2-6 within the Season Pass Disc on my Xbox One console. On the Season Pass...
  4. Disc problem for specific game Hello I bought the series X and it’s an excellent console but

in XboX Insiders
    Disc problem for specific game Hello I bought the series X and it’s an excellent console but: Hello I bought the series X and it’s an excellent console everything is working perfect, all discs go in and download the game but I am having a problem with Skyrim and only Skyrim. I tried the...
  5. Xbox Series X Not Reading Some Game Discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Not Reading Some Game Discs: I am having an issue getting the Xbox Series X to read/install certain Xbox One game discs. First, let me start by saying all of the discs are in perfect condition. No scratches, scuffs, or...
  6. (HELP) My xbox series X no longer plays disc based games. I get error code 0x87de272b every...

in XboX Insiders
    (HELP) My xbox series X no longer plays disc based games. I get error code 0x87de272b every...: I had this problem a week ago, rang microsoft and was told its a disc drive issue. Sent mine off for "repairs" and got a new replacement a few days later. It worked fine for a couple days but now...
  7. Xbox One Disc games compatible with the Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Disc games compatible with the Xbox Series X?: I have multiple games for the Xbox One on disc. I want to upgrade to the new Xbox Series X, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to play my old disc games. Can I put the Xbox One game disc into the...
  8. Why don't my games installed off discs on the One work on my Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't my games installed off discs on the One work on my Series S?: Topic. I have several games including: WWE 2K Battlegrounds WWE 2K19 and 20 Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Continues And various others installed on my Xbox One at the Flat, I tried to run the...
  9. Backwards Compatibility for Xbox Series S for Older Disc Games - And Online Account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatibility for Xbox Series S for Older Disc Games - And Online Account...: I have 3 generations of Xbox Consoles and about 30 games, some of which I still play occasionally. I am interested in purchasing the Xbox S for the lower price point, however, it does not have a...
  10. Series X making a loud whiring sound while installing game from disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X making a loud whiring sound while installing game from disc: I had the COD glitch so i uninstalled the game and started to reinstall it from disc. A loud whiring sound came from the console. Is this going to be a problem? e4d00849-81ac-48ec-ba31-ee357d812899