Xbox Series S Black, non functioning Home screen. Games still playable.

Discus and support Xbox Series S Black, non functioning Home screen. Games still playable. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I just recently bought my Xbox Series S about 3 weeks ago. It's worked great so far! yesterday I LOST my home screen completely! The console... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by teagandrake, Jan 10, 2021.

1. teagandrake
    teagandrake Guest

Hello, I just recently bought my Xbox Series S about 3 weeks ago. It's worked great so far! yesterday I LOST my home screen completely! The console boots up just fine, except instead of a home screen, apps, or news, it's a black screen with nothing. I can
    do everything else still, play games, futs with settings, however, I can't figure out the solution. I've not seen anyone with a similar issue, as my side menu still shows up, and games run fine. My home screen is just gone! Trying ti change the background
    results in returning to the black screen and seemingly leaving the settings menu, with no options to change it.

Does anyone know what happened, or how I can fix it? restarting the console does nothing.

:)

teagandrake, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Pasquale C. Win User

Hi!

First of all, I suggest to try to power cycle your Xbox following the instructions from the following article, under the
    Physically power cycle the console tab:

How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console

If this does not solve the issue, try to perform a reset keeping games and apps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console
    4. On the Reset your console? select the option
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.
    Regards
  3. Jeremy2085 Win User

Xbox one crashing to home screen only on bf5.

Have you tried reinstalling the game and doing the power reset function on the xbox? Normally helps if the game is crashing on the black screen or going straight back too the home screen.
  4. kipson_10 Win User

ask

5. [Farscape] Win User

Could I expect to play online with series x and one

nope, most if not all current games on xbox one will be playable on the series x, eventually there will be games release just for the series x and they wont be playable on previouse console versions.

Xbox one s and Xbox one X are the same family, series x will be the new console and eventually (a couple of years down the line hopefully) games will only be release on the series x family so the xbox one x will not be able to play them.

If this is not confusing
  6. CyclingCanoe703 Win User

Flight Simulator

All games that will be coming out with Series X will be playable on original, S and X for 2 years at least.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Black, non functioning Home screen. Games still playable. - Similar Threads - Series Black non

2. Xbox remote play goes straight to black screen when I try to connect (Xbox series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play goes straight to black screen when I try to connect (Xbox series S): I try to connect to my console in my xbox desktop app, I have windows 10, I even tried to reinstall it, connect everything via ethernet wires, and nothing has worked, I tested with another...
  3. Black screen xbox one series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black screen xbox one series s: Hello since I've bought my new system the screen goes completely black and I have to reset. This happens several times a day its rediculuous. What fixes this? 4265cd90-bd1b-4ea3-b1f8-784565deb878
  4. Series X Black Screen When Installing From Library

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Black Screen When Installing From Library: Like the title says, whenever I try to install a game from my library I get a black screen. I can then select My Games & Apps or Home to fix it. Is this a common issue or should I be a bit more...
  5. Black flickering textures in Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black flickering textures in Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox Series X: Hello! I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on XSX and started to notice strange texture behavior. Sometimes window frames, faces and clothes have black flickering texture on it. Is it...
  6. My Series S got stuck on a black screen when I turned it on but then it restart itself and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S got stuck on a black screen when I turned it on but then it restart itself and...: When I turned on my Xbox, instead of getting the boot up animation, my Xbox got stuck on a black screen, then the power button started flashing and then my Xbox restarted and the power button went...
  7. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War 2 - XBOX Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War 2 - XBOX Series X: Hello, I recently was able to get the new XBOX Series X...upon downloading all the games that I owned, I discovered that COD Black Ops Cold War 2 will not open for me. Microsoft stores recognizes...
  8. XBOX Series X changing application black screen problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X changing application black screen problem: Basically the problem is, when playing a game for sometime like for example an hour or two, and then going back to the home screen, the XBOX series X would just stay stuck on a black screen. The...
  9. Xbox Series X Black Screens When Changing Hz

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Black Screens When Changing Hz: Hey all so I’ve recently brought the Xbox along with a monitor that can support 144hz however when I try to switch to it, it just black screens for 20 seconds and then goes back to 60hz? I’ve...
  10. Xbox Series X black screen and 480p mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X black screen and 480p mode: Looking for help on Xbox Series X, I have the LG G1 Evo TV (3.11.23 firmware) and Xbox is also updated. I have factory reset both and changed hdmi cables and input ports. Issue is that the TV and...