Xbox Series S Black, non functioning Home screen. Games still playable.

Discus and support Xbox Series S Black, non functioning Home screen. Games still playable. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I just recently bought my Xbox Series S about 3 weeks ago. It's worked great so far! yesterday I LOST my home screen completely! The console... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by teagandrake, Jan 10, 2021 at 2:32 AM.

1. teagandrake
    teagandrake Guest

Hello, I just recently bought my Xbox Series S about 3 weeks ago. It's worked great so far! yesterday I LOST my home screen completely! The console boots up just fine, except instead of a home screen, apps, or news, it's a black screen with nothing. I can
    do everything else still, play games, futs with settings, however, I can't figure out the solution. I've not seen anyone with a similar issue, as my side menu still shows up, and games run fine. My home screen is just gone! Trying ti change the background
    results in returning to the black screen and seemingly leaving the settings menu, with no options to change it.

Does anyone know what happened, or how I can fix it? restarting the console does nothing.

:)

2. Pasquale C. Win User

Hi!

First of all, I suggest to try to power cycle your Xbox following the instructions from the following article, under the
    Physically power cycle the console tab:

How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console

If this does not solve the issue, try to perform a reset keeping games and apps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console
    4. On the Reset your console? select the option
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.
    Regards
  3. Jeremy2085 Win User

Xbox one crashing to home screen only on bf5.

Have you tried reinstalling the game and doing the power reset function on the xbox? Normally helps if the game is crashing on the black screen or going straight back too the home screen.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Could I expect to play online with series x and one

nope, most if not all current games on xbox one will be playable on the series x, eventually there will be games release just for the series x and they wont be playable on previouse console versions.

Xbox one s and Xbox one X are the same family, series x will be the new console and eventually (a couple of years down the line hopefully) games will only be release on the series x family so the xbox one x will not be able to play them.

If this is not confusing
  5. CyclingCanoe703 Win User

Flight Simulator

All games that will be coming out with Series X will be playable on original, S and X for 2 years at least.
  6. CoolFredVW Win User

Dead pool game won't play

No error messages. The Deadpool symbol appears, then a black screen and it goes back to the home screen. I tried installing it in another xbox and it worked. Installed a different game in my xbox and it also worked. I have no idea what`s going on.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Black, non functioning Home screen. Games still playable. - Similar Threads - Series Black non

2. Black blob of death on my series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black blob of death on my series x: I've been having a issue playing warzone and multiplayer in modern warfare on my series x console, while having zero issues playing the same game on one x console. While playing on the series x...
  3. XBOX Series X freezing while playing COD: Black Ops Cold War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Series X freezing while playing COD: Black Ops Cold War: I see a lot of people having the same issues as I am, but what I do not see is any fixes or solutions. I too cannot play Cold War for any longer than a match or two and then it freezes, and kicks...
  4. Has anybody’s Xbox series x just shown a black screen when you turn it on and the...

in XboX Insiders
    Has anybody’s Xbox series x just shown a black screen when you turn it on and the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Icy_Mission_1521 [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Series X Black Flicker/Overly Dark

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Black Flicker/Overly Dark: Occasionally when I boot up my series x the picture is too dark (as if the contrast was too high) and normally when I restart the xbox it changes back to normal on reboot. I'm also getting a lot...
  6. [Xbox Series S All Digital] Console Boots, Black Screen, Troubleshooter Won't Open

in XboX Insiders
    [Xbox Series S All Digital] Console Boots, Black Screen, Troubleshooter Won't Open: Sorry if this post is informal or has been made before. I've never used Reddit before, and joined just to ask this, because I'm completely stumped. I joined the Insider Program a few months ago on...
  7. Small black flickering on my Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Small black flickering on my Series X.: Title pretty much says the entirety of my problem, but I’d like to offer more detail. I’ve read about other people having flickering issues with the new consoles, but I haven’t found any that look...
  8. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War keeps on crashing on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War keeps on crashing on Xbox Series X: On my Xbox Series X, Black Ops Cold War keeps on crashing. I have done everything online to try and fix this problem, but nothing seems to be working. I have the right version installed,...
  9. Stream to Twitch from Xbox Series X shows as black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stream to Twitch from Xbox Series X shows as black screen: Hello. Recently I find myself unable to stream to Twitch using the Twitch app installed on the Xbox Series X. The app is configured correctly and I have already tried full console restart and...
  10. Xbox Series S Black Screen of Death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Black Screen of Death: Hey guys, If I start my Xbox Series S, the console doesn't recognize my screen (which is connected via HDMI). But if I remove the power cable from my screen and put it on again everything is...