Xbox Series S controller bugs out then turns off when plugging in mic on COD Vanguard

Discus and support Xbox Series S controller bugs out then turns off when plugging in mic on COD Vanguard in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I made a post a few days ago about this, but i uncovered more of a direct cause for my issue. Ever since I got a new Acer monitor (so i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KrYpTIC xIntel, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Xbox Series S controller bugs out then turns off when plugging in mic on COD Vanguard

Hi all,

I made a post a few days ago about this, but i uncovered more of a direct cause for my issue.

Ever since I got a new Acer monitor (so i could play 1080p 120hz), I’ve been running into an issue while playing call of duty Vanguard (next gen version). If my mic is plugged in, my controller will start to bug out randomly. Sometimes I can go through a full game or two where it doesn’t happen, then it’ll happen like 3 or 4 times in one multiplayer game. Basically, my controller will just have severely delayed input lag, and then after a few seconds, it will continue to do my last input on its own, and the controller just wont register any button presses. The controller stays on for maybe 30 or more seconds while it’s bugging out, then it’ll turn itself off. To fix the issue, i have to pull my battery pack out and put it back in. However, this is just a temporary fix, and it could literally mess up again seconds later. So far, the only game I experience this issue on is just Vanguard.

P.S.: I originally thought that the problem was coming from my new monitor though, as I didn’t have this issue until about a week ago when I updated to a monitor and started outputting the game at 120hz. However, two nights ago, I plugged my mic in while playing a campaign mission, and my controller started messing up like it has been.

It happens with both of my controllers (both are xbox series controllers, so more updated silhouette, both made by xbox, not aftermarket). I’ve tried changing batteries, that doesn’t work either. I’ve also tried updating my controllers and console and they’re all up to date, so none of those things help. I use some older turtle beaches as a Mic, but they’re still in great condition, and they worked completely fine until i noticed this issue. Also, I plug my mic into my controller through one of the xbox stereo headset adapters with the volume and mute controls. This is also an original xbox part, and isn’t an aftermarket adapter.

Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions on what to do. I’m honestly so tired of having controller issues on Xbox it drives me crazy. I can’t go three months without having an issue with my controller, as it feels like these controllers are programmed to get analog drift after a year. I just spent so much money to upgrade to series S and get a new monitor and I can’t even enjoy it, so please please help me fix this issue. Thank you.

:)

KrYpTIC xIntel, Jul 29, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox Series S controller bugs out then turns off when plugging in mic on COD Vanguard

Hello, KrYpTIC. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Can't say for sure if this is a console or controller issue since this happens only with one game. But if you want to test, I would suggest you to first power reset your console:

1​​. Turn off your console and your router/modem.

2. Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.

3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.

​​​4. Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

If the issue persists, you can perform a factory reset on your console:

Press the Xbox button > Settings > System > Console info > Reset this xbox > Reset and keep my games and apps. The "Reset and keep my games and apps" option will not make you lose your games, but you will need to sign in to your account again.

See if the issue persists and please let me know.
  3. Jack Smiles Win User

Textures Issues on Xbox Series S

It’s not a series s issue. It’s very apparent on the series x aswell and some ps5s. Wait for vanguard you will see better textures and performance
    Does the game Cold War turn out and stay with the bugs? Vanguard me not interested.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Connecting headset

The headset should work on an Xbox One controller and Xbox Series S/X controllers.

Turn off the controller by holding the Xbox button on the controller until the controller turns off and unplug the headset.

On your console press and hold the Xbox console button until the console turns off, remove the power cord from the console, and wait 1 minute.

Plug the power cord into your console again, turn on the console with your controller, and when you see your console's dashboard connect the headset to the controller and see if that solves the problem.
  5. Exittzz Win User

Xbox One S Headset audio stuttering

Plug in the mic then back out then in again if it dont work try turning off the controller with it pluged in then turn in on again that should work.
  6. Hque1000 Win User

Overwatch- Xbox- Mic Issues. Can hear team chat but cant speak

Firmware update completed.

Was able to use the mic in game but when I walked away from the game for a long time and the controller turned off (timed out) the mic stop working. I restarted the console and the mic worked again, So now the only way for the mic to work is to turn the game on, plug headphones into controller and restart console.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S controller bugs out then turns off when plugging in mic on COD Vanguard - Similar Threads - Series controller bugs

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Bug/Software Broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Bug/Software Broken?: Hi there, I've been having a problem with my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller for days. I'll keep it "short": I was playing a game and every time I stopped for about 15 seconds, the character's...
  3. Why Microsoft doesn't fix a bug that give input issue with Xbox Series X controllers on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Microsoft doesn't fix a bug that give input issue with Xbox Series X controllers on...: Even after OS update 10.0.22000.2656, on Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced...
  4. Xbox one Elite series 1 controller bug

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one Elite series 1 controller bug: The elite controller has the "profile" switch in the middle of the controller so you can change between two button layouts, it is also wired to the PC with the USB cable it came with. My issue...
  5. Xbox series X controller bug and bug reporting bug

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X controller bug and bug reporting bug: Hi um as of yesterday my controller started randomly disconnecting from my Xbox and I cannot reconnect bcoz the Xbox won't go into "sync" mode and sometimes even through usb it won't work, and I'm...
  6. How to Fix the Controller Disconnection Bug on Your Xbox Series X/S

in XboX Insiders
    How to Fix the Controller Disconnection Bug on Your Xbox Series X/S: [IMG] submitted by /u/sportifynews [link] [comments]
  7. New Xbox Series X controller on PC bug: FIFA 21 Menu Pressing Random Buttons

in XBoX on Windows
    New Xbox Series X controller on PC bug: FIFA 21 Menu Pressing Random Buttons: I have just purchased a brand new official Xbox Series X controller for my PC. I have installed it and it works perfectly fine with most of my games, except for FIFA 21. When in the Menu section...
  8. Elite 2 and the Xbox Series X - 12/14 Update BUG - Controller is unusable, just shakes on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 and the Xbox Series X - 12/14 Update BUG - Controller is unusable, just shakes on...: Xbox Series X - 12/14 Update BUG - Controller is unusable, renders console unusable. - You can not hit any buttons - You can not use XSX controller or Elite2 Elite2 on the latest Xbox Series...
  9. Bug: controller not syncing with series X. 19041.5481

in XboX Insiders
    Bug: controller not syncing with series X. 19041.5481: There’s a bug currently going on that series x controller is not syncing and loses connection. A quick fix is to do a hard reset of the Xbox(holding down button) then controller syncs again....
  10. Xbox one series 2 controller bug Secend Time

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one series 2 controller bug Secend Time: Hello People i have a series 2 Controller. I have a Pc i play lot of games with this Controller and yesterday i do my Pc on and press the xbox butten in the middle and the Controller doesnt...