Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

Discus and support Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I play a game after a few minutes the controller fully disconnects like I can't control my xbox series s at all but the light on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crazyapoelara, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

Whenever I play a game after a few minutes the controller fully disconnects like I can't control my xbox series s at all but the light on the controller doesn't start flashing it just stays solid.

Any thing I can do?

:)

Crazyapoelara, Jan 10, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll recommend you do a power cycle to clear the system cache

- Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 2 minutes.

- Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if it's all good.

Afterwards try to sync the controller again
  3. DanielDickson81 Win User

Xbox One S Controller 3.5 mm sound issue

I just posted about my controller and constant disconnects, some indicate the controller has disconnected and other times it just acts like it's frozen (with the Xbox button with a solid light), when it freezes I have to remove the batteries.
  4. MightyMidget944 Win User

My Controller Freezes

My console isn't freezing. The screen has not frozen, my games will continue to play as if nothing has happened. It's just my controller will no longer reconnect until I turn off the console and leave it for a bit. When the controller freezes, the 1P light
    is still on with the xbox AND the controller, I just can't move or do a thing. It doesn't pause and say my controller has disconnected either. I can try reconnecting it, but it won't reconnect at all. I take the battery out of the controller, but the light
    just goes around in circles if I put the battery pack in and turn the controller on again. I press the sync button on the xbox and that syncs to the controller, but the controller doesn't sync to it. The light on the controller just keeps going around and
    around and I still can't use it.
  5. SamQY Win User

I've bought a xbox pc controller but it does not work properly.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

Is your Xbox 360 or Xbox One/Series S/X controller? Currently, your controller does not turn on at all even disconnected from your PC?
  6. mlong000 Win User

Wi-fi and controller disconnecting constantly

Update: Same issue today, decided to stay offline today, disconnected from my wi-fi, turned off online mode, controller does not disconnect but 'freezes' every few minutes or so from 10-30 seconds with whatever the current button input was. Not sure if it's
    related to the wi-fi/controller disconnect issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on - Similar Threads - Series controller freezes

2. Series X/S Controller freezing whilst still having power

in XboX Insiders
    Series X/S Controller freezing whilst still having power: I was on forza horizon 5, I joined a race then my controller just became unresponsive, no button worked, I’d looked to see if anybody was having this issue and apparently people was having this...
  3. Xbox series x and xbonex controllers freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x and xbonex controllers freezing: hello, When i turn on either of these two controllers the light will show the controllers as connected but non of the buttons work if you hold the home buttons down for a minute the controllers...
  4. Series X controller freezes since August update v 5.11.3118.0 with no soultion

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controller freezes since August update v 5.11.3118.0 with no soultion: Xbox series X controller freezes and is not responding always while headset is connected to the controller only. This is going on since last controller update on August 2021 version 5.11.3118.0....
  5. Xbox Series X controller freezes on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller freezes on PC: My new (owned for 2 days) Xbox Aqua Shift controller randomly freezes while playing. All buttons become unresponsive, even the power button. Have to reset the controller by taking out the...
  6. Series X Wireless controller freezes with light on after August update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Wireless controller freezes with light on after August update: Series X Wireless controller freezes with light on while I am in party. Suddenly I can hear the other person but he could not hear me and I cant use the controller at all. I had to pull the...
  7. Series X controller freezes while I am in party aftet August 2021 update

in XboX Insiders
    Series X controller freezes while I am in party aftet August 2021 update: Series X Wireless controller freezes with light on while I am in party and headset is connected only. Suddenly I can hear the other person but he could not hear me and I cant use the controller at...
  8. Xbox Series X controller freezing randomly (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller freezing randomly (PC): Controller stays on but disconnects and "freezes" as seen in this article: https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/5/22215289/microsoft-xbox-series-x-controller-disconnect-update . This has never happened...
  9. Wireless controller lags xbox and freezes game when I plugged it into my Xbox Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless controller lags xbox and freezes game when I plugged it into my Xbox Series S: Pretty much title, I was playing a game and my controller died, so i plugged it into my xbox through the front usb port and it lagged my xbox, froze my game, and disconnected my microphone :(...
  10. Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...: Hello I got my xbox around January and from early on I have been intermittently experiencing this issue: 1.Will load a game (mostly play warzone) 2. Screen will start flickering 3. Controller...