Xbox Series S controller suddenly freaking out on specific conditions.

Discus and support Xbox Series S controller suddenly freaking out on specific conditions. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller has been freaking out in very specific parts of certain games. When I am playing Dirt 5 every once in a while in the "race select" screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bluelinkbr, May 12, 2022.

1. Bluelinkbr
    Bluelinkbr Guest

My controller has been freaking out in very specific parts of certain games. When I am playing Dirt 5 every once in a while in the "race select" screen the controller suddenly stop recognizing any buttons and forcing the analog stick to the last direction I moved, then after a few seconds it disconnects. I thought it was an issue with the game, but then I started playing Psychonauts 2 and it presented the exact same issue on the main lobby of the Motherlobe section of the game, but this time it doesn't disconnect and I have to remove the batteries to make it stop (since then I have been playing using a cable without batteries so when it freaks out it is easier to disconnect, just unplug the cable and plug again).

I have played over a dozen games on my Series S so far, and this issue ONLY happens on those two specific occasions (I can play those games just fine when I am not on those parts of it), does anyone knows what could possibly be going on? I tried updating my controller but the issue is still happening.

:)

Bluelinkbr, May 12, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Bluelinkbr. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Since you already updated your controller, I'd first try to uninstall the games that are having this issue with the controller.

Then, try to perform a power reset on your console:

Power Reset:

1. If you have an external HD, please unplug it and let it unplugged for testing purposes.

​​​2. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

3. Unplug all the cables (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 5 minutes.

4. After 5 minutes, plug all the cables in again (except for the external HD) and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console.

​​​

After that, clean local saved games:

Press the Xbox Button > System > Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games (Note: Just do this if your saves are saved in the cloud, else they'll be lost)

Now, try to install and play the games again and see if the controller works fine with them.
  3. SamQY Win User

Xbox Series X and the Media Remote

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you, mate?

Does this controller say it works specifically with the Xbox Series S/X? This controller will also not work if something is in the console path.
  4. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Did the xbox series controller works on xbox one fat?

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Also the Xbox One controllers work on the new Series consoles.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

compatibilidad de controles xbox series con xbox one FAT?

Hi,

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Xbox One controllers also work on the new Series consoles.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S controller suddenly freaking out on specific conditions. - Similar Threads - Series controller suddenly

2. Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: The Elite Series 2 has an interesting feature that allows a paddle button to be remapped to act like a shift key. This feature tells us a bit about the hardware itself. (A) The hardware is capable...
  3. Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: The Elite Series 2 has an interesting feature that allows a paddle button to be remapped to act like a shift key. This feature tells us a bit about the hardware itself. (A) The hardware is capable...
  4. XBOX Series X controller won't remove from bluetooth devices and won't connect to windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X controller won't remove from bluetooth devices and won't connect to windows 10: Hi, I have a series X controller that was working fine with windows 10 (Forza horizon 5 edition). I connected it to my phone for about 1 hour and the connecting it back is impossible and I cannot...
  5. Xbox Series X controller has wrong mapping through bluetooth.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X controller has wrong mapping through bluetooth.: I just recently bought an Xbox Series X (Core) controller and updated the firmware, but I'm running into an issue where in several games, while the controller is connected through bluetooth, the...
  6. Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...: Issue: Elite Series 2 controller LT/RT are not detected in Hitman 3 game from Game Pass Details: I've seen the posts and solutions around this on PC with the Epic Games Store and Steam,...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Not really sure where to go about posting something like this, so apologies if this isn't correct. Almost two months ago I bought an Elite Series 2 controller from the Microsoft website...
  8. Xbox Series S/X controller suddenly stopped on PC working less than a year in. Can plug...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S/X controller suddenly stopped on PC working less than a year in. Can plug...: I use the Xbox Series S/X controller on my PC via wired and I just ran into an interesting issue. It no longer works at all, but when I plug it in, it does vibrate and if I press the jewel it...
  9. Xbox Series X controller suddenly becomes unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller suddenly becomes unresponsive: Hey, I have a problem with both of my Xbox Series X controllers which just become totally unresponsive at some random point while playing. It happened to me both in AC Valhalla and Forza 4....
  10. PC Wireless adapter for Xbox Elite series 2 controller suddenly not working

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Wireless adapter for Xbox Elite series 2 controller suddenly not working: Hi, less than 6 months ago i purchased the elite series 2 controller and the wireless dongle to connect it to my windows 10 PC. Today out of the blue the dongle ceases to function. No...