Xbox series s crashing and disconnecting mid- game

Discus and support Xbox series s crashing and disconnecting mid- game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Series s constantly crashing and disconnecting. I mainly pmay cod or fortnite but they constantly crash and disconnect. Ill load into a game and after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LoganYoung3, Feb 18, 2021.

1. LoganYoung3
    LoganYoung3 Guest

Series s constantly crashing and disconnecting. I mainly pmay cod or fortnite but they constantly crash and disconnect. Ill load into a game and after 5-10 mins the game will crash. If the game decides not to crash i will get a small lag spike and it will just kick me out the game. I have tried everything. Restarting the xbox, uninstalling the app, soft factory resetting, unpluging ny router and even unplugging my xbox. Nothing works. Does anyone have ideas on what the issue could be ?

:)

LoganYoung3, Feb 18, 2021
  2. LoganYoung3 Win User

The problem is there is nothing wrong with my network. I get about 50mb download speed. Also on my old xbox i would get lag spike now and then but it would go back to normal. On the new series s it says “restablishing connection” and then kicks me out the game without it even giving it a chance to go back to normal ping. My game also crashes a decent amount which is also annoying as i cant play tournmanets without my game crashing at least twice in an 2 hour period. I bought this xbox to experience better gameplay but all i have had over the past week is constant issues which i cant fix.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @LoganYoung3, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. The crashing or freezing of a certain game/apps is generally related to the network which is why I will provide you with the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you. Before going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and perform a quick power cycle:
    Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.
    After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.
    In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed, here is the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out.
    The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-network-connection
    In case the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the previous link weren't helpful, I have another link for you that could help you take care of the situation! Here is another and a more narrow link related specifically to game crash, and game freeze related issues:
    The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution
    In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :
    Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.
    Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.
    I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!
    Kind Regards
    Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. IgotTSondabrain Win User

Inevitable

doesn't anyone remember the gaming industry crash of the mid 80's?
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

ambassador chat...

The chat sometimes crashes mid chat causing disconnects. What was your issue?
  6. TenseThunder998 Win User

Forza 5 crashing to dashboard. The fix is to delete my profile and lose all saved data?

I have the exact same issue crashes only in S class series tried r class ok (i have 2 races done in S when trying the 3rd it crashed) deleted game and reinstalled it same issue
Thema:

1. Xbox series s crashing and disconnecting mid- game - Similar Threads - series crashing disconnecting

2. Xbox Series X not turning on after fatal crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not turning on after fatal crash: It's only been a day since I got my series x, it was all working fine, I downloaded Elite Dangerous it worked well, i got into the game and jt immediately crashed and sent me back to the...
  3. Halo Wars 2 Crash Xbox Series X Alpha Skip-Ahead.

in XboX Insiders
    Halo Wars 2 Crash Xbox Series X Alpha Skip-Ahead.: Every time I played Halo Wars 2 after 1 hour of playing, the game crash and is so annoying, I’m on the Alpha Skip Ahead, but my friend with the regular OS happens too, I hope you can fix it....
  4. Xbox Series X Crash. (Gears 5)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Crash. (Gears 5): Hi I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on this because i cant seem to find much for the specific type of crash im experiencing or with the same game. I am able to load up Gears 5 for...
  5. Microsoft Skype on Xbox Series X crashes when on multi video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Skype on Xbox Series X crashes when on multi video: Hi Microsoft, I am experiencing frequent crashes whilst using Skype on my Xbox Series X, the issue seems to occur 20 minutes into a single session OR every time I join a group video call. This...
  6. Xcom 2: War of the Chosen crashes hard on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xcom 2: War of the Chosen crashes hard on Xbox Series X: As the subject implies, I'm experiencing severe crashes - one of them so hard it wiped my Iron Man on Commander difficulty level save. These crashes has happened twice in two separate campaigns,...
  7. series s crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s crashing: is it just me or dose anyone else's Xbox crash when playing series x/s enhanced games i have been playing planet coaster multiple times whistle playing my game will crash and i will loose my...
  8. Series X Keep Crashing - Sent for repair but didn’t help

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Keep Crashing - Sent for repair but didn’t help: Hi everyone. So I purchased the Series X probably about a month after launch. Everything was fine for about a month then I started to get random crashes in game. I eventually sent it back...
  9. Experiencing Differences in Xbox Series X Load In Times and Game Crashes

in XboX Insiders
    Experiencing Differences in Xbox Series X Load In Times and Game Crashes: I was able to secure two Day 1 Xbox Series X consoles on launch day (one for me and one for my girlfriend). Issue 1: When we game together on the same network I am experiencing insanely slow load...
  10. Series X controller disconnect and crash

in XboX Insiders
    Series X controller disconnect and crash: Hi all I'm on alpha skip ahead and my Series X has a problem so thought I would see if anyone else is experiencing it or have any insights as to whether it is a hardware or software issue. So...