XBOX Series S download speed

Discus and support XBOX Series S download speed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My downloads regularly hit 150-300 Mbps when doing nothing else, but when I play any other game, the downloads drop to less than 20 Mbps, even for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JakeEN, Jan 17, 2021.

1. JakeEN
    JakeEN Guest

My downloads regularly hit 150-300 Mbps when doing nothing else, but when I play any other game, the downloads drop to less than 20 Mbps, even for single player no-internet needed games. Anybody know why the drop in speed is so much?

As soon as I quit the game, I can watch the download speed shoot up immediately. I figured a small drop may happen, but not drop into less than 20 Mbps...

:)

JakeEN, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

The difference in speed

Hi,

That's quite simple to explain. The Xbox App shows downloads in MB/S (Megabytes per second), the Windows Store shows download speed in Mb/s (Megabits per second)

A speed of 50mb/s = 6.25MB/s

It's the same speed, just a different measurement. Like how home broadband is sold by Megabit speed rather than Megabyte speed.

Remember dial up? A 56k modem was 56Kb/s. Which is around 7 Kilobytes a second.

By the way, the Windows Store isn't just showing the download, this is the application that's doing the download. The Xbox App doesn't actually download anything on its own.
  3. iKrups Win User

Game DVR and One Drive

Hello,

I am using a wireless connection, here's the results of the Xbox Speed Test :

- Download speed : 86,78 MB/s

- Upload speed : 108,72 MB/s

- Ping : 26 ms
  4. ngocphi Win User

XBox Game Discs on Series S

Any external drive wouldnt work

One it needs to be the same speed as xbox x series

A dvd usb drive wont read bluray disks

And at the expense of a bluray reader plus the additional hardware you might as well buy an x series

Why would you buy something you dont need if you need to read disks

There is huge difference between x and s

And S ISNT DESIGNED FOR DISKS

And the software would refuse it

3 the s series downloads have lower file sizes since its less capable

And yes the servera detect this

So you dont need 4k files

You do realize you only have a 512gig ssd in the s series right? And thr cpu and gpu arent the same aa the x series because of the limited hardware in the s seriea the downloads are smaller

If you want disks buy the right product
  5. dempup Win User

Do You Have to buy XBOX game pass to play good games in any xbox

The Series S is digital download ONLY, and comes WITHOUT an optical drive, so unfortunately not. Only the Series X of next gen Xbox's will have a optical drive.

You can see more information here : Series S.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

USB adapter+ssd drive+xbox's usb 3.0 port = confirm speeds

but microsoft won't allow xbox series s/x games to run off external no matter what speeds. (they gotta make dollars from proprietary kit)
Thema:

1. XBOX Series S download speed - Similar Threads - Series download speed

2. Xbox Series X slow download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X slow download speed: Hi, wondering if anyone can help. I’m getting really slow download speed on the series x. I have 500mb internet coming into the house. When i run speed test on xbox i always get around...
  3. Download speeds getting throttled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speeds getting throttled on Xbox Series X: I have an uncapped connection (connected by Cat 7 ethernet directly to the modem), which is stable at 800-1000mbps, and sometimes reaching peaks even higher than this. Speedtests show this,...
  4. xbox series x brand new slow download speed for days

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x brand new slow download speed for days: it has been like 5 days since i bought my series x wired it cant pass the 20mb its not stable it goes up and down every 2 seconds like 7mb then 2mb then goes up again and again wireless it goes...
  5. Throttling Download Speeds on the Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Throttling Download Speeds on the Series X?: So I have my download speeds set at 400Mbps but I'm not receiving those speeds when downloading games or using the built-in Xbox speed test. When I use speed test . net in the Edge browser on the...
  6. Terrible download speeds on Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Terrible download speeds on Series S: Hello, just bought a brand new series S couple of weeks back and enjoyin' the hell out of it but one thing am noticing is that my download speeds on xbox are beyond terrible. I am running 50...
  7. XBox One game download speed over 1000 times slower than my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One game download speed over 1000 times slower than my Series X: I was downloading Fortnite yesterday on my XBox One. It was trickling along at 50Kbps. My internet download speed is around 300Mbps. If I test my connection through the XBox One setting, it...
  8. Download speed on my Xbox series X is very slow!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed on my Xbox series X is very slow!: I recently bought an Xbox series X in Texas, US, I was staying x-mas at my brother's. All ok but, I noticed that playing online was very laggy, at first I thought that was the Wi-Fi or ISP my...
  9. Super slow download speeds on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Super slow download speeds on Xbox Series S: I just bought a new xbox series s, and as excited i was when i unboxed it, as disappointed i got when the dowbload speeds were so low, i havent even saw somethong like that in 15 years. 20-60kbps,...
  10. Anyone else getting insane download speeds on Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else getting insane download speeds on Series X?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Trumps_right_testi [link] [comments]