: Xbox Series S Ethernet / wired connection issues

Discus and support : Xbox Series S Ethernet / wired connection issues in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series S Ethernet / wired connection issues Hi all Been having issues since launch day. Upgraded from original xbox one to series s. Initial... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by TomDeas88, Nov 21, 2020.

1. TomDeas88
    TomDeas88 Guest

Hi all

Been having issues since launch day. Upgraded from original xbox one to series s. Initial install / update via wired connection worked fine. Since then stopped working. Wireless is fine. Cabling isnt an issue - tried plugging back in old xbox one (connects
    fine), tried different ports on router, resetting router / xbox multiple times. When plugging in, the network screen on xbox cycles through saying wired, getting info nat type, then back to not connected and starts over again. Very ocassionally will connect
    briefly and say nat type open with circa 25mbps down normal 30ms ping no upstream - but thats a lot slower than normal on wireless (100mbps) and quickly disconnects.

out of ideas! Tried forcing a static ip on router settings as wasnt sure if this was the issue but no luck.

Cheers!

Tom

:)

TomDeas88, Nov 21, 2020
  2. ProBluecheese21 Win User

Xbox one s network connection issues

The only thing that worked for me was buying an ethernet cable and establishing a wired connection to the Xbox S. This is a common issue with the Xbox S as far as I can tell. Most any category ethernet cable should work. The higher the category, the faster
    the connection.
  3. XBF George L Win User

Internettcable dont work on my new Xbox one s but works fine without it??

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having issues using your Xbox One S with an ethernet cable connection. Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable to try the wired connection. You may also want
    to try plugging in your wired connection into a different port on the router or modem itself. Give it a try and let us know how it goes with a reply.
  4. xLoGx ID U S IK Win User

Xbox 360s only allowing the use of an Ethernet Cable

Neither the wired connection nor the wireless works now. I get different errors for both. The xbox doesn't recognize an unconnected ethernet cable for wireless and for wired I get the series of suggested help functions that don't help.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  5. VibroPlex Win User

It wont let me connect to the network/internet/xbox live

The 169.254 series APIPPA address shows the Xbox is not able to connect to the router to get an IP address assigned. The network settings restore is a good idea, as is testing the ethernet cable to makse sure it hasn't got a broken wire. If neither solves
    it, then I'd try connecting it with a temporary ethernet cable across the carpet.
  6. KillamPH Win User

My wired connection wont work to my 360

Also: when i set my laptop to wireless then select properties and click on sharing the device's connection, and run an ethernet cable from the laptop ethernet port to the 360's ethernet port, then run the wired network connection test, it works.
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series S Ethernet / wired connection issues - Similar Threads - Series Ethernet wired

2. : Xbox series X Ethernet disconnected

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox series X Ethernet disconnected: : Xbox series X Ethernet disconnected Hi, I have a problem with my new Xbox series X. The console often disconnect from xbox live for 5/6 seconds and then riconnected! the console is connected...
  3. Xbox Series X Ethernet Issue and Wireless Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Ethernet Issue and Wireless Issue: My xbox series x does not see that a ethernet cable is plugged into the system. I have tried multiple cables that all when plugged into other devices appear and work fine. So it is not the cable....
  4. Series X Ethernet issues. Port seems inactive at cold boot.

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Ethernet issues. Port seems inactive at cold boot.: Seemingly at random I am having issues with my Series X when connected via ethernet. Occasionally on cold boot, it is as if the Ethernet port isn't active at all and cannot connect to Xbox Live....
  5. Xbox Series S fails to connect to ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S fails to connect to ethernet: Checked the routers nat and checked the Upnp, both are enabled. Still won't stay connected to the router. When it briefly works says my normal 900 mb/s connection is only giving the xbox 9 mb/s....
  6. Xbox Series X - ethernet disconnects and won't reconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - ethernet disconnects and won't reconnect: I am getting incedent of random ethernet disconnects (usually in game, but also when moving a game from one drive to another). When this happens, the options in network settings blank out. When...
  7. XBox Series X: Ethernet port intermittently stops working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X: Ethernet port intermittently stops working: The ethernet port intermittently stops working on the xbox series x console after i restart the console. I have to do a power cycle of the console, to get it working. Power cycling only the modem...
  8. Xbox Series X disconnects from Ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X disconnects from Ethernet: My Xbox One continues to work fine, but the new Xbox Series X disconnects from internet wired connection and knocks the TV off of it's wired connection at the same time. Any good suggestions...
  9. Xbox Series X thinks a Ethernet cable is plugged in, when one isn’t.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X thinks a Ethernet cable is plugged in, when one isn’t.: My Xbox Series X keeps thinking its wired via ethernet cable when its not, so wont let me connect with WiFi. A power cycle restart fixes it, but when i turn it off and back on later to play it...
  10. Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.: Xbox Series X ethernet issue on BT Smart Hub. Issue presented during initial setup and has remained since. Connection by ethernet cable is unstable, working for a short period of time then...