Xbox Series S - Fortnite at 120FPS

Discus and support Xbox Series S - Fortnite at 120FPS in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can someone help me? I have seen that some monitors that output 144hz are not compatible with the Xbox Series S. Therefore they wont work for me. Why... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JackSawbo, Dec 18, 2020.

1. JackSawbo
    JackSawbo Guest
  2. [Farscape] Win User

will the one x be unlocked on games with fps caps when the new consoles arrive?

series s will struggle on demanding games to keep 60fps at 1080p. the series x will struggle to keep 60fps at 4k thats for sure. the series x will be ok at 120fps at 1080 and most likely 1440.
  3. ItsLC Gaming Win User

Two questions 'Xbox One X Enhanced' game features on Xbox One S

X enhanced games are just for the one X not the S

As for 120hz though they can display it games are still max 60fps. The series x which is the next gen xbox will be able to do 120fps games
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

120Hz gaming opportunities at 1440p - which console?

Hi,

So far I've only seen one 120Hz (up to 120fps) based game in action and that was Dirt 5. Dirt 5 can get to 120 fps on Series S as well as Series X. However, the fact remains that the Series S has both a weaker GPU and less system memory. The likely outcome
    being more high refresh supported games on Series X than Series S.

You'll be able to use use 120Hz on Series S, but not all games will be able to take full advantage of it.
  5. [Farscape] Win User

Will the Xbox Series S be able to run 120hz @ 1080p

HDMI 1.4 x2 ports

Display Port 1.2 x1

Your screen will be ok for 120hz on series s but support for 120fps in games will be dependent on the game istself, some will focus on 60fps some will float about but as you have freesync then the xbox will use VRR so all should be ok.
  6. THX1138 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

Hello,

VRR is supported via HDMI 2.1. The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0. This Fall 2020 the new Xbox Series X will also support HDMI 2.1 features like VRR, Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and up to 120fps support.
Thema:

Xbox Series S - Fortnite at 120FPS

1. Xbox Series S - Fortnite at 120FPS - Similar Threads - Series Fortnite 120FPS

2. Xbox Series S Fortnite login issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S Fortnite login issues: Just bought our son a Series S for his birthday. He primarily wants to play Fortnite on it but on trying to log in using his existing microsoft account but the following error comes up. An...
  3. XBoc Series X - Fortnite - No Sound Through Astro A20 Gen 2Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBoc Series X - Fortnite - No Sound Through Astro A20 Gen 2Wireless Headset: Hi, This headset works through the XBox X and other games fine but I cant get any sound when playing Fortnite. Ive tried most nearly all audio settings to no avail. Can anyone help?...
  4. Are there any known issues with the Series X and Fortnite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are there any known issues with the Series X and Fortnite?: The screen constantly flashes with bright white lights and vertical lines when playing battle royale or in the creative mode. While in the locker or at the main screen, everything is fine and...
  5. The new xbox series x controller disconnects when the game is on loading on Fortnite

in XboX Insiders
    The new xbox series x controller disconnects when the game is on loading on Fortnite: [Beta ring] Hi, I'm playing a lot of different games with the new controller on my old xbox one fat, i don't have any problem on any game except Fortnite, where every match the controller keeps...
  6. Warzone /Fortnite xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Warzone /Fortnite xbox series x: So i have played pubg,halo,gta,cold war, but warzone on my series x keeps crashing my xbox everyytime about to join lobby screen goes black and xbox shuts down same with fortnite but for fortnite...
  7. Fortnite close while Login -> Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite close while Login -> Xbox Series X: Hey, my Fortnite always close while im at the Loggin Screen. I have to Restart more than 10 times to get online. e8eb5cc2-3d80-48a4-b86d-fe3c36871319
  8. Xbox series x party chat/gamechat performance issue with fortnite

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x party chat/gamechat performance issue with fortnite: When playing fortnite on series x with latest fortnite next gen update party chat/game chat is causing severe performance issues with chat and game audio cutting out & sounding distorted unless...
  9. Xbox one - Steel series Arctis 5 not working in fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one - Steel series Arctis 5 not working in fortnite: Hey guys, just bought the steel series Arctis 5, which i plug the 3.5mm jack in i can hear the game sound in fortnite but i cant hear other people tak and my mic doesnt come ip in game any...
  10. Elite Series 2 Controller In-game audio works but in-game chat doesn't? (Fortnite)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller In-game audio works but in-game chat doesn't? (Fortnite): So I have this issue and mainly pin pointed it to my Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller, when I join an xbox party using my headset with the controller, I can hear them and they can hear me, same...