Xbox Series S having issues with starting games and restarting from menu

Discus and support Xbox Series S having issues with starting games and restarting from menu in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got my Series S console about 3 months ago. Almost immediately I started having issues with game startup and console restart. Firstly, if I turn off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TiValiant, Apr 15, 2021.

1. TiValiant
    TiValiant Guest

I got my Series S console about 3 months ago. Almost immediately I started having issues with game startup and console restart. Firstly, if I turn off my console without completely quitting a game or application, I am unable to start the game/application back up when I turn on my console. It just gives me an error message saying it's having trouble at this time. Secondly, when I try to restart my console from the start menu my screen just turns grey and the console never restarts. The Xbox light stays on and that's it. To overcome this I have to unplug my console each time to fix the game/application startup. At first, I figured it was just some bugs since the console just came out but it's been a while now and I haven't been able to find a fix anywhere else. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

:)

TiValiant, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Davolc Win User

Series X Issues

I have exactly the same issue today with the Xbox Series X but not the S.

"issue with flickering pixels that only happen on the menus of the console, but not in game"

tried multiple displays and multiples HDMI cable.

Do you have any news update?
  3. floggingcholly Win User

Xbox Series X Hardware Issue

My controller started doing that (Series S) and was unresponsive (console never shut off, though) and I replaced the batteries and unplugged everything from the wall for a few seconds and restarted using the controller and I haven't had an issue since
    (sorry if that doesn't help)
  4. Alteria Win User

Campaign Crashes Game

I uninstalled the game and re-installed. I disconnected from the internet, restarted my xbox one s and I have the same issue where it kicks me back to the home of xbox one and I have to start the game again. None of the suggestions worked.
  5. Kxber Win User

Series s

Is it normal that there is some internet issues on the xbox series s and can i fix it

It used to work
    "some internet issues" is pretty vague but try restarting your Xbox series s and if that doesn't work forget your Wi-Fi network then re-connect to it? lastly maybe try an ethernet cable?
  6. ootmian Win User

Black Screen on Live TV

I occasionally have a similar problem where the screen is blank (with no sound) and have to do a complete restart of the Xbox for it to work.

Far more often I have the issue that the screen freezes within a second of starting the TV app, quitting the App (from the home screen menu) and restarting sometimes fixes this. Other times changing to and from the Set top box guide/menu sometimes fixes
    it.

Provider: Panasonic

Model: DMR-BW780
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S having issues with starting games and restarting from menu - Similar Threads - Series having issues

2. Spectrum tv app on series x is having freezing and black screen issues since latest skip update

in XboX Insiders
    Spectrum tv app on series x is having freezing and black screen issues since latest skip update: The spectrum tv app is randomly getting black screens on series x and I am unable to do anything but restart the xbox then things are fine again happening alot though enough that its frustrating...
  3. 2103 beta update and still having this issue with remote play from series x. Anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    2103 beta update and still having this issue with remote play from series x. Anyone else...: [IMG] submitted by /u/DiscoNinja07 [link] [comments]
  4. I’m having some issues with the color of my screen using Xbox Series X, any solutions?

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having some issues with the color of my screen using Xbox Series X, any solutions?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Chlxriine [link] [comments]
  5. Is Anyone else having issues with Series X constantly wanting to update and always failing out?

in XboX Insiders
    Is Anyone else having issues with Series X constantly wanting to update and always failing out?: Every single day for the past 3 weeks, when I start up my Series X it tells me I need to update my OS. When I try, it usually quits out during the download. When it does successfully download and...
  6. Anyone else having an issue on the Series X where their controller will lose...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having an issue on the Series X where their controller will lose...: Been experiencing this recently where the controller will disconnect from the console, and the only resolution is a hard restart of the console. Which resolves the issue Anyone else experiencing...
  7. Having multiple issues with my Xbox series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having multiple issues with my Xbox series X.: My madden 21 wont start and my Warzone and fortnite have no in game audio, and its only happening on my series X, at first I thought it was because I didnt have a great tv to support the console...
  8. List of issues I have with my Series X

in XboX Insiders
    List of issues I have with my Series X: First, I am not even enrolled in the insider program for this console. I simply didn’t want to risk it based on my experience so far. I am trying to see if maybe any of these issues have been...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Headset having connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Headset having connectivity issues: I recently got the Razer Kaira Pro Wireless Headset for the Xbox Series X and have already been having problems. Every couple of minutes the headset will disconnect and take it takes a couple of...
  10. Having issues on Xbox Series X.......

in XboX Insiders
    Having issues on Xbox Series X.......: Just got myself the xbox series x. Im having 2 issues. 1 issue is when you restart you console sometimes it losses internet using a ethernet port and won't connect until you hard reset. 2 When...