Xbox series S multiplayer connection slower than my internet

Discus and support Xbox series S multiplayer connection slower than my internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I got an Xbox series S only a couple weeks after the console was released and ever since I've been having multiplayer connection issues with my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by grahamtor7, Aug 16, 2021.

1. grahamtor7
    grahamtor7 Guest

Hello, I got an Xbox series S only a couple weeks after the console was released and ever since I've been having multiplayer connection issues with my console. When I test the multiplayer connection it tells me everything is good and my network speeds are high enough with almost 90mbs download speed, 11mbs upload speed and around 20 ping(wireless connection). When I get into any multiplayer game it becomes choppy, the game doesn't play normally then all of a sudden disconnect me, but is consistently laggy. I even have issues connecting with people who don't live that far from me. The reason I'm sure it's a problem with the console is my old Xbox one has great multiplayer connection and I've tested it by playing the same games on each console. I've tried a lot of things such as switching to a 5ghz network, changing DNS, clearing MAC address, resetting the console, disabling automatic updates and nothing has worked so far.

:)

grahamtor7, Aug 16, 2021
  2. cceynar
    cceynar New Member
    Whenever you connect your console to the internet via ethernet it will automatically open the ports for the game you play.i suggest looking up the port forwards for the games you play and set those up in your router settings.

cceynar, Sep 25, 2021
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox series S works better in 5.0ghz networks, as are more stable
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

And the Wireless connection it's a 2.4ghz?
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi grahamtor7! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

To verify if the problem is really the connection you should try to use an Ethernet cable to connect the console, this does not have to be permanent just to verify the connection
  6. grahamtor7 Win User

Yes I have tried that before, I am unable to use the ethernet permanently but when I use it I have good enough connection that I experience no lag when gaming or even streaming and gaming.
  7. Defy Lightning Win User

Whats with all the updates? O.o

The updates have made my connection slower to be honest. My xbox runs a bit slower than before now.
Thema:

1. Xbox series S multiplayer connection slower than my internet - Similar Threads - series multiplayer connection

2. XBox Series X - Multiplayer requiring data pack install - but it's ALREADY installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Series X - Multiplayer requiring data pack install - but it's ALREADY installed: I'm trying to launch multiplayer for the current season but it keeps telling me the data pack needs to be installed. I can see from the list that all data packs for multiplayer are already...
  3. Xbox Series X issues with Multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X issues with Multiplayer: Hi, Since getting my Series X, I can't seem to play any of the games below on Multiplayer and probably many more, its pretty much every online shooter game doesn't work or any game that has to...
  4. Xbox Series X crashes in online multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes in online multiplayer: Hi all, On numerous occasions my series x console has crashed while playing online. The acreen starts to flashes solid green and then the controller and wifi disconnects. Sometimes the...
  5. Halo 5 - Series X - Multiplayer server error every time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 - Series X - Multiplayer server error every time: Hello, I get an error in Halo 5 on Series X, and its Microsoft Store support link referred me to this site for non-Xbox-One support. The issue is that, when I go to Multiplayer > Social > Quick...
  6. Why do all game pass multiplayer games crash on my xbox series s ??Minecraft is only exception

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do all game pass multiplayer games crash on my xbox series s ??Minecraft is only exception: Just trying to play multiplayer games and either games crash or xbox series s does?? d85387d5-4039-4fb0-a736-8e9eee47b385
  7. Xbox Series X 4K@120hz multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X 4K@120hz multiplayer: Are there any games now (or in the future) that support/will support 4K@120fps multiplayer matches? This is the ideal frame rate to play multiplayer and have less lag, be more responsive, and more...
  8. Xbox Series S Minecraft Multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Minecraft Multiplayer: Hello dear Xbox community I have a problem and hope you can help me. I just got an Xbox Series S and downloaded Minecraft. When I opened the game I was told, "You need authorization to play online...
  9. Series S cannot connect to any multiplayer

in XboX Insiders
    Series S cannot connect to any multiplayer: I don’t understand what is going on. No matter what game I am playing, I can load into multiplayer but it will crash right after I do. Not the game, I just get disconnected from multiplayer. This...
  10. Series X - Multiplayer Connectivity Lag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - Multiplayer Connectivity Lag?: Hi, I am having connectivity issues with Apex Legends & Rainbow Six Siege. Internet is fine, (download/upload speeds, no packet loss, perfect wireless strength). Yet I am having noticeable lag...