Xbox Series S Wireless Controller Keeps Disconnecting

Discus and support Xbox Series S Wireless Controller Keeps Disconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today, my Xbox Series S Wireless Controller starting having this issue where every 5 minutes or so, it would randomly stop responding and start... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SantaClaus4, Apr 26, 2022.

1. SantaClaus4
    SantaClaus4 Guest

Today, my Xbox Series S Wireless Controller starting having this issue where every 5 minutes or so, it would randomly stop responding and start blinking to reconnect to my PC via Bluetooth. The connection on Bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC is generally stable until my Xbox Controller starts blinking and I can't get a response for a solid 20 seconds or so. This makes every game where I'm using my controller virtually unplayable because I keep getting interrupted and losing my input every 5 minutes.

I have tried everything here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...luetooth/88be9060-562a-4ef2-91f9-43b8be9f96d2

and here

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/qb9yts/xbox_controller_keeps_disconnecting_from_my_pc/, but nothing seems to be working. This includes solutions such as reconnecting the Xbox controller, reinstalling Bluetooth drivers, changing the batteries in my controller, making sure the firmware in the controller is up to date (it is), making sure my PC's Windows 10 and Wi-Fi Drivers are up to date (they are), etc.

At this point I am basically out of options for ways to approach this. The controller has worked perfectly fine via Bluetooth until today, when this error started occurring, and I have made sure that this is the only controller that is paired with my PC.

:)

SantaClaus4, Apr 26, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Xbox downgrading (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/controller-firmware-reversion) function doesn work is thair another way?

If I may ask, is this an Xbox One Wireless Controller or Xbox Series X|S Wireless controller?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Buddy, did you know If maybe Windows recently has installed an update?

And by the way, if you try connecting the controller via cable, it works?

Just to double check if it can be the controller or your PC. Did you try connecting the controller to another PC or to your phone and try using there and see if the issue persist?
  4. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Bluetooth disconnect issue

5. NolanLosch Win User

Forza horizon 4 doesnt work

If I open xbox gamebar it says controller disconnected and nothing happens when I press A on series s
  6. Yussif AlOmar Win User

Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

i have same issue

Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on,
    The problem happened to me a lot and the batteries are new, and i did power cycle, The device and the control were updated

my device xbox Series s, i got it two days ago
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Wireless Controller Keeps Disconnecting - Similar Threads - Series Wireless Controller

2. How to get controller to work on Xbox series X while using wireless display app to connect...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get controller to work on Xbox series X while using wireless display app to connect...: I’m trying to play pc games on my living room tv. I have the xbox series x with the wireless display app and I’m able to cast my pc screen to the xbox fine. But the xbox controller doesn’t...
  3. XBOX Series S/X Controller won't wireless sync.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S/X Controller won't wireless sync.: My XBOX controller (Series S/X variant) won't sync wirelessly to my PC/Laptop. It will work with a wired cable, but not Bluetooth. I bought it last year, it is an electric volt colour and was...
  4. Use headphones through 3.5mm jack with Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and Win 10 PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use headphones through 3.5mm jack with Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller and Win 10 PC: Connected my Elite Series 2 controller - Have updated it through the accessories app, fiddled with the settings - works with games for input and sound with USB connected. However cannot get sound...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Broken Again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Broken Again.: Hi, My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 had to be sent off to be repaired/replaced at the end of 2021 for bumper issues. Five months later and the same issue has happened again but I now...
  6. Xbox series controller unresponsive when connected wirelessly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller unresponsive when connected wirelessly: Hi I just got a series controller. So its connected to my laptop fine but unresponsive with games. It only works when I connect it directly via usb. Updates done. Connects fine but unresponsive...
  7. Xbox Series S Controller won't connect wirelessly to my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller won't connect wirelessly to my pc: Hello!I have a problem,my Xbox series s controller won't connect to my pc with bluetooth.I mean my pc doesn't find the controller aefcd7cf-62ba-49a2-b4e1-36386df93053
  8. My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 keeps disconnecting when I use Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 keeps disconnecting when I use Bluetooth: About a month ago I sold my kidney for an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2. I use it only with my windows 10/11 computer. I'm using my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 device with...
  9. New Xbox Series X - no controller will connect wirelessly?

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox Series X - no controller will connect wirelessly?: Hi everyone, we bought an Xbox series X last night and cannot get either our series X controllers or our XBO controllers to connect wirelessly. When using a USB-C cord the series x controllers...
  10. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 controller - Annoying noises when vibrating.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 controller - Annoying noises when vibrating.: I bought the controller yesterday. When I tested it in Forza Horizon 5, there was this annoying whining sound from the controller, pretty much every time it rumbles. (which is all the time in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox controller constantly disconnecting