Xbox Series S Won't Connect to the Internet

Discus and support Xbox Series S Won't Connect to the Internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Series S started having intermittent connection issues, and now won't hold a connection at all. On the ethernet cable it won't recognise the cable.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RichPalmer69, May 12, 2022.

1. RichPalmer69
    RichPalmer69 Guest

My Series S started having intermittent connection issues, and now won't hold a connection at all.

On the ethernet cable it won't recognise the cable. I have tested the cable with a laptop and it's fine.

Wireless it will connect but keeps dropping out every few seconds so I can't even load a game, never mind play it.

:)

RichPalmer69, May 12, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Did you also try to change the ports I mentioned on my previous answer?

Go to Network Settings again > Advanced Settings > Alternate Port Selection

Try with each one of the ports and see which one gives you a better connection. To test your connection (after changing ports and/or DNS), just click on Test Network Speed on your Network Settings page.

Also please take a look at:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Oh I'm glad at least the wireless connection is working!

If you can, try to do a Speed Test and see if alternating some ports gives you a better connection speed!
  3. RichPalmer69 Win User

Hi,

It's exactly the same.

Ethernet not connecting - I've used a cable that has also been plugged into an xbox one and it worked fine with that. It's mostly not connected with an occasional connection that then fails quickly.

Wireless - same as before. When I set it up it connectes and then is intermittent.

No better I'm afraid.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Would you please try a power reset on your console?

Power Reset:

1. If you have an external HD, please unplug it and let it unplugged for testing purposes.

​​​2. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

3. Unplug all the cables (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 5 minutes.

4. After 5 minutes, plug all the cables in again (except for the external HD) and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console.

​​​

If you can, do a Power Reset on your router/modem too while you do the power reset on your Xbox Series S.

Also make sure your Xbox is NOT set to offline mode:

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Make sure it is set to Go Online.

Try to test both wired and wireless connection after the power reset and let me know how it went, please.
  5. RichPalmer69 Win User

Hi,

Further update, I unplugged the ethernet cable and it seems to be running ok on the wireless network.

Richard
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, RichPalmer69. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Please go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Select Manual

It will ask you to manually fill your primary and secundary DNS IP. Try with these two combinations to see which one performs better:

Primary: 1.1.1.1 / Secundary: 1.0.0.1

Primary: 8.8.8.8 / Secundary: 8.8.4.4

After that, on the same screen, go to Alternate MAC Address > Clear > Restart

This will restart your console.

After the restart, go to Network Settings again > Advanced Settings > Alternate Port Selection

Try with each one of the ports and see which one gives you a better connection. To test your connection (after changing ports and/or DNS), just click on Test Network Speed on your Network Settings page.

If even after changing DNS and Ports you still can't have a stable connection on your Xbox Series S, please let me know.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Won't Connect to the Internet - Similar Threads - Series Won't Connect

2. XBOX Series X controller won't remove from bluetooth devices and won't connect to windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X controller won't remove from bluetooth devices and won't connect to windows 10: Hi, I have a series X controller that was working fine with windows 10 (Forza horizon 5 edition). I connected it to my phone for about 1 hour and the connecting it back is impossible and I cannot...
  3. Xbox Series S Controller won't connect wirelessly to my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller won't connect wirelessly to my pc: Hello!I have a problem,my Xbox series s controller won't connect to my pc with bluetooth.I mean my pc doesn't find the controller aefcd7cf-62ba-49a2-b4e1-36386df93053
  4. Xbox series X won't connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X won't connect to the internet: Hello I personally think this console is a piece of garbage. It won't connect to the internet, wired or wireless. I looked and scrolled all over the internet for a solution. Nothing works....
  5. My Xbox series s controller won't connect with a wire?

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series s controller won't connect with a wire?: So my Xbox series s controller works pretty fine, but when I connect it with my wire, it wouldn't connect, and even a little nudge would disconnect the wire from the controller. I have tried using...
  6. Series 2 Pro Controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 Pro Controller won't connect: So yesterday on February 6, 2022 I was playing some Xbox just fine. (Xbox Series X - Series 2 Pro Controller) I took a break for a few hours and had my controller sitting on the charging dock as...
  7. Xbox Series X won't connect to Internet/Xbox LIve

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't connect to Internet/Xbox LIve: Hello Everyone! A couple days ago the internet in my apartment complex went down. It recently came back and is working great for my laptop and phone. Although it seems that my Xbox Series X can't...
  8. XBOX series X controller won't connect to XBOX

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX series X controller won't connect to XBOX: XBOX series X controller keeps disconnecting. At first, connecting via USB and updating the controller in settings would allow me to play until I shut it off, then I had to update the controller...
  9. XBOX Elite Series 2 won't connect via bluetooth to PC after unplugging USB cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite Series 2 won't connect via bluetooth to PC after unplugging USB cable: Is there any way to fix this issue? The only way to configure the button mapping to fix the "A button also brings up game bar" issue is to plug it in, but if I unplug the controller, it can not...
  10. Xbox series XS controller won't connect to my PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series XS controller won't connect to my PC: It says it can connect wirelessly and i've seen people connect it wireless but for some reason I can't connect it wireless. My bluetooth version is 5.2 and my OS build is 19044.1348. From what...