XBOX Series S/X Controller Smoking - Burning Plastic

Discus and support XBOX Series S/X Controller Smoking - Burning Plastic in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all I am having a problem with my new design lab controller my dad purchased before he passed away, I opened the box yesterday placed the new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Martin Dubyah, Aug 1, 2022.

1. XBOX Series S/X Controller Smoking - Burning Plastic

Hey all I am having a problem with my new design lab controller my dad purchased before he passed away, I opened the box yesterday placed the new batteries in and it worked for an hour or so before the D-pad got really hot and smelt like something burning an a little puff of smoke came out.

Now it isn't turning on and support is impossible to get through to, it keeps saying "There is a problem our end, we are working hard to fix it"

Please can someone point me in the direction to get this sorted please as the controller means a lot to me.

Many thanks

Also forgot to mention the batteries were red hot when I removed them, really worried.

:)

Martin Dubyah, Aug 1, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

- Sign in to the Devices page with your Microsoft account (https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-de...).

- Select your controller.

- Follow the onscreen steps to complete your service order request.

After Device services receives your submission, they’ll send you a service order number and an order confirmation email that includes shipping or drop-off instructions.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

You are welcome. Please keep me posted on how this goes.
  4. Martin Dubyah Win User

the batteries were brand new Duracell, from what I have read online while looking for help a few of these controllers have suffered the same problem.

is it a known problem as my dad purchased this for me and I dont want to lose it as well.

thank you for the reply
  5. Martin Dubyah Win User

Apologies to the previous replies but it got deleted for some reason so I'm guessing it'll be deleted again soon, please I need help
  6. Martin Dubyah Win User

when i try and speak to someone all i get is the same message "Something went wrong on our end. We’re working on it. Try Again"

i cant contact support because of this, i am UK based and been trying all day.

please can you help or get someone to call me
Thema:

1. XBOX Series S/X Controller Smoking - Burning Plastic - Similar Threads - Series Controller Smoking

2. Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting.: Noticed in the last 2 weeks or so my elite controller will randomly disconnect for about 5-10 seconds and then reconnect. Anyone know how to solve this issue? I believe there was an update that...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 "Bricks"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 "Bricks": So my controller (Elite series 2) randomly bricks. Not being useable. It can't be turned off and unplugging it or plugging it back in won't help it. However once I unplug my headset it becomes...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere...: Come on Microsoft fix this or I will keep ordering controller and then asking for a refund indefinitely. After the last windows update, the controller stopped working. It connects to the dongle...
  5. Xbox series s/x controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s/x controller: none of the buttons work apart from rt and lt and the joysticks and the Xbox button I’ve looked up online and none of the help that was given works, I’ve updated the controller and it still don’t...
  6. Elite Series 2 Controller shows as "Paired" with PC, but wont stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller shows as "Paired" with PC, but wont stay connected: I just recently got an Elite series 2 controller to game with on my PC and the setup seemed easy enough. Make sure PC bluetooth is on, hold pair button and let them pair, PLAY! It didnt work out...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Paddles not Registering in the Default Profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Paddles not Registering in the Default Profile: My Windows 10 system will not register any input when I use the paddles. The controller is on the default profile (no lights on the bottom). It use to be able to be seen as a separate button and...
  8. Xbox series X controller not connecting properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X controller not connecting properly.: Hi, Recently, I left my home and played remotely with a XBOX controller connected via bluetooth to an ipad. Prior to this, it was working on the console no problem. Now, however, I tried...
  9. Xbox series x controller right stick seems too sensitive in one direction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller right stick seems too sensitive in one direction: The right stick on my controller seems to be favouring the right direction movement a lot than left. I play cod mw multiplayer. When I move it to the right it just seems super sensitive and moves...
  10. Xbox Series S controller bugs out then turns off when plugging in mic on COD Vanguard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller bugs out then turns off when plugging in mic on COD Vanguard: Hi all, I made a post a few days ago about this, but i uncovered more of a direct cause for my issue. Ever since I got a new Acer monitor (so i could play 1080p 120hz), I’ve been running into...