Xbox Series S/X Controllers - Stick Drift Manufacturing Issues

Discus and support Xbox Series S/X Controllers - Stick Drift Manufacturing Issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, Myself, a number of my friends and it seems A LOT of people online are having issues with the Xbox Series S/X Controllers. The common problem... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dan Smithyy, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Dan Smithyy
    Dan Smithyy Guest

Hi all,

Myself, a number of my friends and it seems A LOT of people online are having issues with the Xbox Series S/X Controllers. The common problem seems to be stick drift. These controllers are literally breaking left, right and center. For people not familiar, stick drift is where the analog sticks essentially move on their own. My issue for instance is the left analog stick constantly holds as if I was trying to scroll down. This means I can't choose menu options, automatically move in games like Call of Duty Warzone and generally have a terrible experience trying to use my Xbox Series X.

People are getting these issues from day 1 out of the box, a few weeks, and a few months down the line.

Now these controllers aren't cheap but Xbox refuse to help or support this issue, other than telling you to buy a new one, which is unacceptable.

There's two points to this:

1. A large number of people are experiencing this issue which essentially makes it a manufacturing issue with these controllers, especially as people are experiencing it out of the box with no wear & tear.
    2. Xbox are being sued by law firm, Chimicles Schwartz Kriner & Donaldson-Smith over stick drift manufacturing issues.
    If you live in the UK, you ARE covered by The Consumer Rights Act 2015 as the controllers have a manufacturing issue, are not fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality. In fact, you're covered up to 6 years to bring a claim against the retailer you purchased your controller from.

I have tried to deal with Xbox Customer Support and as I write this I've been waiting 1 hour and 15 minutes to get through to someone on the phone, AGAIN. I was given a case number 45 days ago and never received a reply to it.

Xbox want to bury this issue and quite frankly, I've had enough. Xbox need to acknowledge this or I'll be building a website and case against them to fight for people with this issue until they recognise it and resolve it. It is NOT ok to sell defective products and then expect people to go out and buy another controller.

Please let me know if you've experienced this issue and if it would be ok to use your response as evidence of the case.

:)

Dan Smithyy, Jul 3, 2022
  2. ianvin Win User

Xbox series X controller issue. Buttons not registering.

Unfortunately the above did not help. This is a common issue among many with the controllers for the series X and S. Microsoft needs to really put their things together and go for a patch and better controllers. I am close to getting rid of the console because of all these issues. I had drifting, I had connectivity problem and now this. It's a shame that nowadays controllers appear to be such rubbish. Used the controllers for my ps4 pro for years and never had an issue. However, the series x/s ones seen quite inferior.... Sad story
  3. SilasJohn2001 Win User

Should I return my controller for a replacement?

I would avoid Xbox Series X/S controllers. My first controller that came with my Series X developed that same issue. After ignoring it for a while (because I play shooters where "A" jumps once) it developed a stick drift. It was internal, and had nothing to do with the actually stick, I later found out. Then every button started double pressing, triple pressing. After figuring out I couldn't get it replaced, I disassembled it and made sure everything was clean and clicked into place. It was. Just blew through ANOTHER Series XS controller after less than 4 months. This time my left stick can't reach full velocity when pushed forward, (which has nearly killed me in Resident Evil, like a thousand times).

So, based on my experience, I can tell you this is very normal for this particular xbox controller.
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

Right stick drifting

recently bought 2 xbox controller to play on pc.

Both have the same right stick drift from beginning... what a waste of time...thinking about to buy another brand
    All manufacturers controllers can suffer from drift, Nintendo is possibly the worst with the infamous Switch drift
  5. WMnathan1 Win User

Series X/S controller stick drift

I received a custom Series C controller as a gift. It is out of warranty and just recently developed a nasty thumb stick drift. Microsoft zero help. Can this be repaired?
    If you have a screw driver you need to remove your xbox controller and then clean where the stick drift is then put it back together and you have it fixed.
  6. NerdHolly Win User

Series X/S controller stick drift

maybe do some research and look around for good companies that are willing to fix it for you. best buy is an ok place. iFixit is a good company but they dont have any parts for xbox yet
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S/X Controllers - Stick Drift Manufacturing Issues - Similar Threads - Series Controllers Stick

2. Xbox series x controller right stick seems too sensitive in one direction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller right stick seems too sensitive in one direction: The right stick on my controller seems to be favouring the right direction movement a lot than left. I play cod mw multiplayer. When I move it to the right it just seems super sensitive and moves...
  3. Xbox Series X controller barely registering left analog stick when its pressed up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller barely registering left analog stick when its pressed up.: About 3 days ago, I started to notice that whenever I pushed my left stick to move up, sometimes, very briefly, it would register as if it was half the movement range I actually moved the stick to...
  4. Series X/S controller stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X/S controller stick drift: I received a custom Series C controller as a gift. It is out of warranty and just recently developed a nasty thumb stick drift. Microsoft zero help. Can this be repaired?...
  5. Series a controller right stick malfunction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series a controller right stick malfunction: Hi, the right stick on the controller is stuck registering up. It physically is not stuck, even if I move it around nothing changes. Please help. f0afc228-d394-40bf-8e3c-ead1689c0bce
  6. XBox Series X controllers left analog stick clicks too easily

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X controllers left analog stick clicks too easily: Hello! I've been playing Elden Ring a lot, but I've had some infuriating issues with the left analog stick button clicking too easily. The sound of it clicking doesn't happen, yet the game still...
  7. Xbox series controller stick tension

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series controller stick tension: I just replaced a bad joystick on my series controller and when I was done I noticed that the tension on the new joystick is tighter. P.s the Amazon listing said the controller was for Xbox one....
  8. Right stick on Elite Series 2 controller "unscrewing".

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right stick on Elite Series 2 controller "unscrewing".: The right stick on my controller twists to the left and unscrews internally, causing the stick to jam in place. The left stick does not. Is this normal? f7abf993-8f7a-4973-9635-b0f75707f0b6
  9. Xbox series x controller stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller stick drift: Hopefully someone sees this but, this is ridiculous I got a series x back in September and the controller that came with the xbox is almost 4 months old and has developed stick drift with the left...
  10. Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?: I have an elite series 2 that I bought in December. If I use it wirelessly, the right thumbstick stops working. I can use all other buttons and sticks. I can even click the right thumbstick but...