Xbox Series S, Xbox One Media Remote and HDMI-CEC problems

Discus and support Xbox Series S, Xbox One Media Remote and HDMI-CEC problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I have some problem with 2 things, but it's tie. I have a Xbox Series S and TV LG 49LF630V, that's old TV panel, but it have HDMI-CEC (or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by redheatORhat, Jan 7, 2021.

1. redheatORhat
    redheatORhat Guest

Hi! I have some problem with 2 things, but it's tie.

I have a Xbox Series S and TV LG 49LF630V, that's old TV panel, but it have HDMI-CEC (or SIMPLINK, LG name of this).

I turn ON all function CEC on Xbox, like "xbox turn TV on", "turn OFF", "TV can turn on/off Xbox" and 4th function about Xbox can rule TV volume.

But only function at work is "Xbox TV on".

TV Remote also doesn't work with Xbox.

And I can't change volume or silent mode on my Xbox One Remote Controller, TV has no reaction.

Maybe you can fix HDMI-CEC for old TV in next system update? I've heard so many about LG and HDMI-CEC problem, but with PS3 it works fine (but slow, btw)... Xbox One S used IR signal and I have no problem with this.

Thanks!

:)

redheatORhat, Jan 7, 2021
  2. DarkSch666 Win User

Not auto-switching to HDMI input source

"The Xbox One doesn't use HDMI-CEC. Everything simply uses infrared commands"

OK, it's that. Each TV has its own source selector method so using IR commands is not possible, as you said.

It would be a nice feature because the media remote and set aside the TV remote.
  3. dpoet Win User

HDMI Pass-through Question

To take full advantage the cable/ TV box will need to be HDMI CEC. This will give Xbox One the ability to change channels via the Xbox One TV guide. If not CEC you will have to use TV box remote to change channels.
  4. Epixtactic Win User

HDMI Pass-through Question

[quote user="dpoet"]

To take full advantage the cable/ TV box will need to be HDMI CEC. This will give Xbox One the ability to change channels via the Xbox One TV guide.
    If not CEC you will have to use TV box remote to change channels.

[/quote] No, if not you will have to connect the infrared blaster to the set top box. This will allow your xbox to work as the remote control. I used to do the same thing with my media center. If you look on the back of the Xbox One you will see a port
    labeled IR, that's how I know.
  5. Nielo TM Win User

How does TV work with voice.

You can control your Set Top Box (STB) if it supports HDMI-CEC. You maybe able to control your TV, but again it needs to support HDMI-CEC.

-

Some STBs do not feature HDMI-CEC protocol (e.g. Sky HD STB), which means it can't be controlled via Xbox One. You need a Sky remote.
  6. under_scored Win User

Why doesn't Xbox consoles(360 and newer) have HDMI CEC?

I believe the Xbox one/360 line should be updated to support CEC
    Not happening. IR only.

Minor workaround: plug a device with CEC into your Xbox's HDMI input. When you turn it on, your CEC supported display(s) should change inputs.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S, Xbox One Media Remote and HDMI-CEC problems - Similar Threads - Series Media Remote

2. Xbox Series X - White flickering in media apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - White flickering in media apps: There have been other threads on this particular issue. It seems to be occurring with monitors that are not HDMI 2.1 compatible (I think!). White flickering starts occurring when entering media...
  3. Xbox Media Remote volume commands not working on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Media Remote volume commands not working on Xbox Series S: On this Xbox Series S: - The Xbox Media Remote will turn the console on and off (so the remote is working); - The console will turn the TV on and off (so HDMI-CEC is working); - Volume commands...
  4. Xbox Series X media apps cause the screen to flicker/blink

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X media apps cause the screen to flicker/blink: I have noticed a problem when I use my Series X on my new 32” Samsung 4K 60hz monitor. That being when I use certain media apps (like netflix) it triggers a frenzy of flickering and in some cases...
  5. Xbox One Media Remote Volume not working on series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Media Remote Volume not working on series S: Hi, Switching from XBOX One X to XBOX Series S, I noticed that my official XBOX One Media remote is no longer working properly. The volume up and down doesn’t work at all and the TV doesnt turn...
  6. Syncing Xbox media remote on a series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Syncing Xbox media remote on a series X: I have an Xbox media remote that I used for my Xbox One S. I have since purchased a Series X and want to use the remote with it instead of the XB1. Right now it currently only controls the XB1. I...
  7. Xbox Series X Media Remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Media Remote: Which media remote is compatible for Xbox Series X? and where we can buy them? edca33f8-0fae-4539-969f-194499803e0a
  8. Xbox Series X Media Remote delay / volume not working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Media Remote delay / volume not working: So far loving the Series X, but I’ve had this problem with my media remote where I cannot get the volume to work on my tv. I saw another post about it so hopefully that’s already known about, but...
  9. Xbox Series X Media Remote and USB TV Tuner support?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Media Remote and USB TV Tuner support?: Hello! I’m curious if there have been any answers to this. As it stands the Series X is without an IR transceiver and current media remotes will not work with it. Is there a new media remote...
  10. Will the Xbox One media remote work on the Series X?

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox One media remote work on the Series X?: I want to buy one, but am concerned it won't work on the Series X. Has anyone seen anything from Microsoft on this topic? Thanks. submitted by /u/momoneymohoney__ [link] [comments]