Xbox Series: UHD Frame skipping & playback!

Discus and support Xbox Series: UHD Frame skipping & playback! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi there, I would like to enquire on this Xbox series console issue regarding lossless file playback and correct pipeline for UHD on both Movies & TV... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Additional_Panda_711, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Xbox Series: UHD Frame skipping & playback!

Hi there,

I would like to enquire on this Xbox series console issue regarding lossless file playback and correct pipeline for UHD on both Movies & TV and Blu-ray apps.

I would like to enquire on this Xbox series console issue regarding lossless file playback and correct pipeline for UHD on both Movies & TV and Blu-ray apps.haps the development team can get in touch with the likes of Panasonic, Oppo or Kaleidescape and get tips on best practice for UHD playback. We are already paying so much for the consoles but even Sony is currently doing better in this department, hence my frustration.

Another minor issue however is the display of posters via dlna server in your Movies & TV app is bland, no use of the nfo or tagged metadata whatsoever. I was convinced console is the best All-in one and ease of use living room device but I find myself missing gaming on a PC more.

If anyone can kindly forward this to the relevant development team project managers to be looked at, I am raising this here as it certainly affects a multitude of Video-enthusiasts, give us accurate Video and audio (it cannot be hard if 4K blu-ray players can do it with their hardware)

submitted by /u/Additional_Panda_711
    [link] [comments]

/u/Additional_Panda_711, Jun 14, 2022
  2. User 9242019 Win User

UHD Blu Rays

It doesn't support 4K UHD playback.

If you are referring to "Mastered in 4K" discs those are just 1080p titles made from a 4K master.

New hardware is required to playback UHD Blu-Ray.
  3. 吕正阳 Win User

Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray

Kind of. I cannot describe it perfectly but it does come when starting UHD Blu-ray Disc playback and stopped immediately on quitting the playback.
  4. DontBuyXboxForUHDBlu Win User

4K UHD Blu-ray problems - picture stuttering

Spent 2 and a half hours after this last update ruined everything.

Fix for me:

Uninstall/reinstall BluRay App

Set playback to stereo (Temporarily)

Disable 24hz, Disable 50hz, Enable HDR, Disable Amp controlling playback (under bluray)

- Shutdown xbox

- Power on xbox

- start playing any Bluray/UHD BluRay.

- Aslong as this works, start turning on features again

- Rewind UHD to begining, set your surround sound/atmos/amp decode audio.
  5. Zahidul I. Chowdhury Win User

XBOX ONE S poor HDR support with UHD BluRays

I'm having similar issue with HDR content especially through 4K UHD Blu-ray playback. There seems to be no fix for past 10 months. This is very poor of Microsoft to ignore. Now that Xbox One X is out, it too have HDR issues with 4K UHD player & Netflix app.
  6. Ecko-6B2570FA-4302-4 Win User

Vizio: Vudu HDR and Dolbyvision not working

Hi EMINENT1,

Doing some research I came about this link:
    https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.php?947250-VUDU-UHD-Compatible-Devices-List

In that link an employee of VUDU's marketing team lists the devices that are compatible:

4K Ultra HD playback only

LG 2016 & 2017 UHD 4K TVs

Nvidia Shield TV

Roku 4, Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra (paired with a compatible 4K HDTV)

Roku 4K TVs

Samsung KS, MU and Q-Series 4K TVs

Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player UBD-M9500 *Newly Added*

VIZIO P-Series 4K HDTVs

VIZIO M-Series 4K HDTVs

Xbox One S

4K Ultra HD + Dolby Vision HDR playback

Google Chromecast Ultra

VIZIO Reference Series HDTVs

VIZIO 2016 Smartcast P-Series 4K TVs

VIZIO 2016 Smartcast M-Series 4K TVs

LG 2016 & 2017 Super UHD 4K TVs

LG 2016 OLED 4K TVs - G6, E6, C6 & B6 Models

LG 2017 OLED 4K TVs ? W7, G7, E7 C7 and B7 Models

Your best bet to get this added would be to either contact VUDU support, or add a post at the following link so Microsoft knows your interest:
    https://xbox.uservoice.com

Hope this helps.
Thema:

Xbox Series: UHD Frame skipping & playback!

1. Xbox Series: UHD Frame skipping & playback! - Similar Threads - Series UHD Frame

2. Xbox series x 4K uhd movies

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x 4K uhd movies: Hi I been having trouble with my Xbox series x with playing 4K movies when I watch my movies the picture/crumble just freaks out anybody know a fix? 68c80748-9502-4d2d-a1cf-82d4c12c0685
  3. My Hisense UHD TV was better supported on my One S compared to my new Series S

in XboX Insiders
    My Hisense UHD TV was better supported on my One S compared to my new Series S: Hi. I have a Hisense 43" UHD HDR TV (43A7100F). It's not a fancy TV buy any means but it's a popular model and while the HDR feature isn't the greatest it still has a nice effect on my One S with...
  4. Black Screen on playback of 4k UHD Blurays on Series X after a short period

in XBoX on Windows
    Black Screen on playback of 4k UHD Blurays on Series X after a short period: I have had this issue since the Series X launched on November 10th 2020 and I'm going to include videos of it in action. During playback of certain UHD blu-rays, for example Star Wars: New Hope,...
  5. Xbox Series X and LG CX OLED - Black screen on 4K UHD Blu-rays after a short period

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X and LG CX OLED - Black screen on 4K UHD Blu-rays after a short period: I have had this issue since the Series X launched on November 10th 2020 and I'm going to include videos of it in action. During playback of certain UHD blu-rays, for example Star Wars: New Hope,...
  6. x series. Since I've had it I've had full 120fps at 60hz uhd. I've just moved house and now...

in XboX Insiders
    x series. Since I've had it I've had full 120fps at 60hz uhd. I've just moved house and now...: So I haven't changed anything at all. All setting and cables remain the same. Yet now it just refuses to do it. I've tried trouble shooting, googling and even using Xbox help guide. Nothing is...
  7. Xbox Series S picture problems with the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU QLED 4K UHD TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S picture problems with the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU QLED 4K UHD TV: I've recently purchased a Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU 4K UHD QLED TV that supports 120hz gaming for the new consoles. I also purchased a Xbox Series S console a couple of days ago and I'm having...
  8. Series X Crashes and shuts down (sometimes) rewinding a 4K UHD Blu-Ray scene

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Crashes and shuts down (sometimes) rewinding a 4K UHD Blu-Ray scene: Hello! HI was wondering if this has happened to anyone else here? I have a Series X in the Skip Ahead ring and while attempting to rewind a scene in a 4K UHD Blu-Ray movie and everything freezes,...
  9. Looking for a help : My xbox series x can't run 4k UHD at 120HZ in my tv ( LG NANO86 )

in XboX Insiders
    Looking for a help : My xbox series x can't run 4k UHD at 120HZ in my tv ( LG NANO86 ): Hey everyone i hope you're having a good day. I have xbox series x and before i buy any tv for it, i did watched so many reviews on YouTube that said LG NANO86 can run the series x on 4K UHD at...
  10. xbox series x with samsung- tv can’t support 4k uhd at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x with samsung- tv can’t support 4k uhd at 120hz: my tv specs/settings are: -Samsung model UN65MU8000 -4k UHDtv -240 refresh rate -no hdmi ports on tv, requires AV receiver that came with TV and has 4 HDMI slots Picture-> Expert Settings...