Xbox Series wireless controller doesn't work properly on Android phone

Discus and support Xbox Series wireless controller doesn't work properly on Android phone in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Recently I've bought a Xbox Series Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. The firmware ia already updated through the Xbox Accessories app. It's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Quang Huy Trieu, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Xbox Series wireless controller doesn't work properly on Android phone

Recently I've bought a Xbox Series Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. The firmware ia already updated through the Xbox Accessories app. It's made for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Android and with the future support for iOS. It does work properly on PC, but however, it seems there is a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S20FE 5G.

It connects via Bluetooth as a Xbox Wireless Controller 4416 successfuly, but It works only for navigating through the phone's menu and home launcher. No games that I've tried (Asphalt 9, Real Racing 3, FIFA Mobile) have recognized the buttons on my gamepad at all.

I even tried XGamepadTester app and the only buttons that worked are L and R Stick click, LB, RB, Start and X, Y, B and A.

Please, can anybody give me an advise what should I do to fix this? Should I wait for adding support of Android games? Or is this specific model not suitable for gaming on Android phones at all?

:)

Quang Huy Trieu, Apr 24, 2021
  2. Mythic Sandman Win User

LG K20 V unable to connect with Xbox 1s controller

See below first and if it doesn't work read more info here:https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...tooth_and_many_buttons_don.27t_appear_to_work

Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your Android device via Bluetooth

Follow these steps to pair your controller to your Android device using Bluetooth:

1. For best performance, update your controller

2. Turn on your Xbox Wireless Controller by pressing the Xbox button.

3. Press the controller
    Connect button
    for three seconds and release.

4. On your Android device open Bluetooth by going to Apps > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > Turn On

5. Once your phone’s Bluetooth is on, a middle size window will appear on your phone showing the name of nearby Bluetooth devices that are active for pairing

6. Select your Xbox Wireless Controller from the list.

7. Once the Controller has successfully been connected, you will see the words ‘Connected’ appear underneath the Xbox One Controller indicating that the Bluetooth has successfully paired with your
    android phone.

Note: Some Bluetooth controllers support various modes. If your controller is not pairing or working properly, you might try switching modes to see if this improves your experience. However, not
    all devices and controllers will be compatible, so certain functionality may or may not work.
  3. Frankyy2k9 Win User

Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 bluetooth problem!

Hi,

I try to connect my Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 via bluetooth on my Ipad Pro 11 inch 2018, but it can't make connection or won't be recognized. The series 2 controller supports bluetooth. I can make connection with the other older version Xbox
    One S wireless controller immediately.

I'd make a phone call with Apple support and they said that maybe the problem could be that the Xbox Elite controller series 2 won't be supported and isn't compatible with Ipad.

I want to know guys if you had the same problem and I want to ask if there will be an update in the future to solve this problem?
    At the moment the series 2 elite controller is not compatible with Iphones/Ipads. At the moment the only device that the series 2 controller is available on IOS side is the Mac and even that it's janky. Series 2 controller works fine on Android at the moment.
    Sorry if this doesn't help you, I myself is waiting for the Bluetooth proprietary to be added to the IOS list
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Xbox elite series 2

5. Ambassador Kingz Win User

I can't connect a xbox one s controller to my phone whose brand is huawel through bluetooth

6. Padre784 Win User

Xbox one new "mapping" for their controllers, is anyone else having trouble with it?

If you have smartglass on iOS or android phones or the Xbox app on a windows phone or surface then you can log into that and use the controller function to access the A button. Use that to remap the controller (I'm assuming it's a standard wireless one).
Thema:

Xbox Series wireless controller doesn't work properly on Android phone

1. Xbox Series wireless controller doesn't work properly on Android phone - Similar Threads - Series wireless controller

2. Series X, ALL wireless controllers intermittently failing left stick *up* movements

in XboX Insiders
    Series X, ALL wireless controllers intermittently failing left stick *up* movements: Build 1.2104.12001.70, Xbox update preview beta. After an undetermined amount of time, any wireless controller will quit registering ~70% of up movements on left sticks, as well as occasionally...
  3. Xbox Wireless Elite Controller Series 2 not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Elite Controller Series 2 not working: My elite series 2 controller, which I’ve only had for a year, was working fine for the first 6 months and then I noticed the bumbers were starting to become defective (It wouldn’t register unless...
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless controller series 2 trigger issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless controller series 2 trigger issue.: Hey, I have the Xbox Elite Wireless controller series 2 Firmware Version 4.8.1908.0 and (I don't know if it is just me or everyone) while playing forza motorsport 7 my triggers rt and lt glitch...
  5. Xbox wireless Elite controller series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless Elite controller series 2: Hi my controller keeps running forward all the time and doesn't stop im trying to get it repaired or exchange and I'm finding it difficult to contact Xbox support to assk them anyone else have the...
  6. Wireless Display on Series S - can’t get my controller to function as mouse or gamepad for...

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless Display on Series S - can’t get my controller to function as mouse or gamepad for...: I did some searching and haven’t been able to find any relevant posts in the last two years. I just got a new Series S and I’m trying to use the Wireless Display feature with my PC to play Steam...
  7. Xbox Wireless Adapter dropping connection to Xbox One / Xbox Series X controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Adapter dropping connection to Xbox One / Xbox Series X controller (Windows 10): Xbox Wireless Adapter (Microsoft Official) began dropping connection to controller. Connection is dropped 1-10 minutes from beginning game. Tested games include Control and Burnout Paradise The...
  8. Xbox Series X controller on PC, no sound through jack when wireless

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller on PC, no sound through jack when wireless: I have a brand new xbox series x controller with the latest firmware installed which i'm using on a windows 10 gaming laptop, with all the latest updates. I get sound when i use a headset attached...
  9. Xbox series x controller/wireless headset won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller/wireless headset won't connect: Hello Sometimes my xboz controller/xbkz branded headaet lost connection to the console unexpectedly. It cannot be synced by holding down the sync button. The only way to fix this is to restart...
  10. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 random disconnects on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 random disconnects on pc: Controller completely shuts off randomly. Fully charged. This wasn't a problem the first few months I had it. Recently it is happening nightly. 9e105b3d-ce49-4c80-88d1-c16bf3ed216f