: Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

Discus and support : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues 5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by EvanVarner, Aug 15, 2021.

1. EvanVarner
    EvanVarner Guest

5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause issues.

2.4 is more reliable due to having a better range and being more consistent, but slower.

whats the distance from your router, is wired even an option for you.

:)

EvanVarner, Aug 15, 2021
  2. (Farscape) Win User

5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause issues.

2.4 is more reliable due to having a better range and being more consistent, but slower.

whats the distance from your router, is wired even an option for you.
  3. Jonathan Gin Win User

Is there any advantage to upgrading my wireless router?

To Samuel3201 point and your question about 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous. The xbox 360 will not be connected with 2.4/5 GHz simultaneously. Your router being 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous/dual band just means that it will be able to route traffic on both the 2.4 GHz
    and 5 GHz clients at the same time, but not combine them. Think of it as the router having 2 phones and talking to 2 people at the same time as opposed to only have a single phone talking to one person, hanging up and calling another. Also xbox has only released
    wireless adapters that are compatible on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz using the standards b/g (2.4 GHz) a(5 GHz) on the old wireless adapters and then the new wireless adapters can do those other standards plus n(2.4/5 GHz).
  4. T3chnlgydude Win User

My xbox's connection issue...

Hi There

I have recently had a similar issue. I also struggled with my controller that keeps on disconnecting.

My Xbox One S was connected on the 5 Ghz band and I thought to myself just to try the 2.4 Ghz Channel before I try connecting it with a LAN cable as I don't really want to do that due to lightning.

So far I have not had any disconnection issues with my Xbox or controller.

So yeah, give it a try (If you have a dual band router - 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz)
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

When I remote play on my mobile device I get try again in a while error message

Yes, it could be the case!

If you're on a wireless network, make sure you're on a 5 GHz network, not 2.4 GHz (on a 2.4 GHz wireless network you may see some interference). See Using a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network below.

You can also try a different connection network to see if it corrects the issue!
  6. FreakRoach Win User

Network Issues

I think you mean 5 GHz WiFi network. 5 GHz is not a long range network, so if your Xbox and your router are kept far away you may face issues. Either connect to 2.4 GHz, or keep your console and router close by. Also, you may want to connect your other
    devices to 2.4GHz in order to not congest your 5GHz network, and then connect Xbox to it.
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues - Similar Threads - Series GHz Issues

2. Xbox Series S games stuck on ‘Queued’

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S games stuck on ‘Queued’: I just bought the series s and am trying to install 2k but it’s jsut stuck on it saying Queued. I have cancelled the install and started again with no change, I click install now and nothing...
  3. Question on remote play, can I play in another town? Diablo 2 Nintendo Switch vs Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Question on remote play, can I play in another town? Diablo 2 Nintendo Switch vs Series X.: So let's say I'm in a different town, can I use my phone with Xbox to connect and play games on my home Xbox from my phone with my razer controller? Getting a trucking career started and debating...
  4. HDR Issues with newest Skip Ahead on Sony Bravia 900F series TVs

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Issues with newest Skip Ahead on Sony Bravia 900F series TVs: White the recent Skip ahead build Sony Bravia 900F series TVs lost gaming HDR capabilities. Was working just fine and after the update the XBOX no longer recognizes the TV as gaming HRD capable....
  5. 2k crash next gen Xbox series x turn off whole console

in XboX Insiders
    2k crash next gen Xbox series x turn off whole console: my system shuts off during play now online and my park why???? submitted by /u/Stranger-danger26 [link] [comments]
  6. My Xbox series X turns off every time it finishes downloading a game, is there a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series X turns off every time it finishes downloading a game, is there a fix?: So I’ve made sure it has proper ventilation. It is plugged directly into the wall. I’ve had no issue with the Xbox running a game at all. But every time a download finishes, no matter how big or...
  7. Feedback on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Feedback on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: I'm a huge fan of the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. It's the best controller I've ever owned, and it's the only controller I'm comfortable using for the FPS genre (as a lifelong PC kb+m player)....
  8. Xbox Series X Update Looping Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Update Looping Issue: I'm having a strange issue with my Xbox Series X - I turned the console on only to be greeted with an "Applying Update" screen, running from about 76% until around 95% before the console would...
  9. 120hz not enabling on series x even when monitor supports 120hz

in XboX Insiders
    120hz not enabling on series x even when monitor supports 120hz: I have a Alienware 25 monitor which supports 120hz and can only get it to show 120hz as a display setting by turning auto detect off. I thought I would finally be able to play on 120hz but now it...
  10. "Installation Stopped" - Issues with installing/updating on the Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Installation Stopped" - Issues with installing/updating on the Xbox Series X: I have been experiencing some issues when installing/updating games on my Series X. When I start a download, everything starts out just fine but then out of nowhere, “Installation Stopped”. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x issues forums