: Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

Discus and support : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues 5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by EvanVarner, Aug 15, 2021.

1. EvanVarner
    EvanVarner Guest

5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause issues.

2.4 is more reliable due to having a better range and being more consistent, but slower.

whats the distance from your router, is wired even an option for you.

:)

EvanVarner, Aug 15, 2021
  2. EvanVarner Win User

Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

Understood. I have used old Xbox versions in this room with 5 GHz with no issues, it’s about 20ft through one wall so I don’t believe that is the issue.

Sadly wired is not as there are no ports in the room. I would have to run a cable through the wall.

After doing some further research on here. Looks like playing COD also showcases the issue as well so it may be something I have to live with due to the titles themselves.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause issues.

2.4 is more reliable due to having a better range and being more consistent, but slower.

whats the distance from your router, is wired even an option for you.
  4. Jonathan Gin Win User

Is there any advantage to upgrading my wireless router?

To Samuel3201 point and your question about 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous. The xbox 360 will not be connected with 2.4/5 GHz simultaneously. Your router being 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous/dual band just means that it will be able to route traffic on both the 2.4 GHz
    and 5 GHz clients at the same time, but not combine them. Think of it as the router having 2 phones and talking to 2 people at the same time as opposed to only have a single phone talking to one person, hanging up and calling another. Also xbox has only released
    wireless adapters that are compatible on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz using the standards b/g (2.4 GHz) a(5 GHz) on the old wireless adapters and then the new wireless adapters can do those other standards plus n(2.4/5 GHz).
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

My xbox's connection issue...

Hi There

I have recently had a similar issue. I also struggled with my controller that keeps on disconnecting.

My Xbox One S was connected on the 5 Ghz band and I thought to myself just to try the 2.4 Ghz Channel before I try connecting it with a LAN cable as I don't really want to do that due to lightning.

So far I have not had any disconnection issues with my Xbox or controller.

So yeah, give it a try (If you have a dual band router - 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz)
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

When I remote play on my mobile device I get try again in a while error message

Yes, it could be the case!

If you're on a wireless network, make sure you're on a 5 GHz network, not 2.4 GHz (on a 2.4 GHz wireless network you may see some interference). See Using a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network below.

You can also try a different connection network to see if it corrects the issue!
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues - Similar Threads - Series GHz Issues

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 disconnecting (Firmware issue?)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 disconnecting (Firmware issue?): Like the title says, i believe that my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller has some firmware issues that lead to disconnects. I'm using the latest Windows 11 and the controllers firmware is up to...
  3. psychonauts 2 120 fps issue xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    psychonauts 2 120 fps issue xbox series x: Hello everyone, I have a problem with psychonauts 2. I can't find in the game menu the option to turn on 120 fps; I set 120 fps in the console options, tried both with 4k option on and 1080...
  4. Xbox series x not loading certain games. Just take me back to the dashboard without a error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x not loading certain games. Just take me back to the dashboard without a error...: I’ve literally tried every fix. I think my Xbox is defective. Idk what to do be8d4563-08bd-4f2e-897e-2a3bb6c58e4f
  5. how can i keep my controller connected with the charging cable with xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can i keep my controller connected with the charging cable with xbox series s: i am having problems keeping my xbox series s charging cable connected. any ideas how to fix? 26f47635-b7cd-4569-b717-86d04383ce8c
  6. GtA 5 story mode for xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GtA 5 story mode for xbox series x: Hi, just purchased Grand Theft Auto V: Story Mode (Xbox Series X|S), sale went through but how do I get the game to download. Do I need to buy something to go with this to make it download....
  7. Ordered Xbox series x still pending

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ordered Xbox series x still pending: I ordered an Xbox series x from microsoft.com yesterday June 21st. I was skeptical that it was even possible. It was 499 plus tax shipping was free. It says the estimated arrival time is June...
  8. GTA 5 - XBOX Series X Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA 5 - XBOX Series X Edition: Hey, I have the "standard" edition of GTA 5 and looking to play it through again (been a while!) ad wondering if I should plunge for the SX edition? Or is there not that much difference to make...
  9. Issue with starting and downloading games on Xbox Series S.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue with starting and downloading games on Xbox Series S.: I’ve had an issue with installing and playing games. I would attempt to start and nothing happened. On top of that, I haven’t been able to install games, they stop randomly. I’ve tried resetting,...
  10. Xbox series x cannot connect to 5 ghz band

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x cannot connect to 5 ghz band: This has been a weird issue since day 1 for my Xbox series x. For some reason, it cannot connect to my 5 ghz network. Whenever I attempt to, it remains on the attempting to connect or testing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x issues forums