: Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

Discus and support : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues 5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by EvanVarner, Aug 15, 2021.

1. EvanVarner
    EvanVarner Guest

5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause issues.

2.4 is more reliable due to having a better range and being more consistent, but slower.

whats the distance from your router, is wired even an option for you.

:)

EvanVarner, Aug 15, 2021
  2. (Farscape) Win User

5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause issues.

2.4 is more reliable due to having a better range and being more consistent, but slower.

whats the distance from your router, is wired even an option for you.
  3. Jonathan Gin Win User

Is there any advantage to upgrading my wireless router?

To Samuel3201 point and your question about 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous. The xbox 360 will not be connected with 2.4/5 GHz simultaneously. Your router being 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous/dual band just means that it will be able to route traffic on both the 2.4 GHz
    and 5 GHz clients at the same time, but not combine them. Think of it as the router having 2 phones and talking to 2 people at the same time as opposed to only have a single phone talking to one person, hanging up and calling another. Also xbox has only released
    wireless adapters that are compatible on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz using the standards b/g (2.4 GHz) a(5 GHz) on the old wireless adapters and then the new wireless adapters can do those other standards plus n(2.4/5 GHz).
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox series x cannot connect to 5 ghz band

Okay let me suggest something stronger!

The first step in resetting an Xbox is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

Press left on the d-pad to select Reset and remove everything. Then press the A button.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Jacob welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. You mention you have tried a lot of troubleshooting methods, have you tried this?:

Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the guide button on the controller and select

Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select Advanced Settings.

Under Change Settings select Alternate MAC Address.

Select Clear.

Allow the console to restart when prompted.

If so, please let me know!
  6. JacobBores Win User

Yes I have tried that a few times with no success.
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues - Similar Threads - Series GHz Issues

2. Games crashing on Series X console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games crashing on Series X console: Hello! I've been recently having a lot of issues with Halo Infinite, and now it seems I'm having the same problem with the recently released Rainbow Six Extraction. I've tried asking on both Halo...
  3. Xbox one disc on series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one disc on series X: So to keep it short, I have the dark souls trilogy and decided to play on my series X. I put in my Dark Souls 3 disc to install it but nothing happens. I though it was weird so I decided to put in...
  4. Xbox serie x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox serie x: Hello, my serie x starting to do a clicking sound from the fan, can somebody help me with that ? Thank you efbec5c5-b62b-454e-8e31-9a581111edee
  5. Xbox series X crashes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X crashes: During games my controller will randomly disconnect followed by the console dropping wifi and then crashing. This seems to be happening playing rockstar games(GTA, RDR2). Is there any sort of...
  6. Series X, Console thinks headset is connected, So TV has no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X, Console thinks headset is connected, So TV has no sound: Hi All, My 2 day old Series X does not provide sound to my TV. It previously did. I had watched Netflix. Later I played online with friends. The next day when I got on, I was asked to do an...
  7. New Series X will not show the invite menu. Notifications work but the menu is gone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Series X will not show the invite menu. Notifications work but the menu is gone.: This is a brand new Xbox Series X. When I am invited to a game or party I receive the typical on screen notification on my Xbox but I am not able to join on the “Parties and chats” menu. The...
  8. Custom background disappeared xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Custom background disappeared xbox series x: I've been with the Series X for a week and something strange has happened. I'm using a custom background downloaded by the Bing app. After playing this morning I turned off the video game and when...
  9. Xbox Series s message when booting game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series s message when booting game: When launching Borderlands 3 I get this message pop pure virtual function being called while application was running (gisrunning == 1) then once I press okay and start the game is crashes...
  10. Xbox series x cannot connect to 5 ghz band

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x cannot connect to 5 ghz band: This has been a weird issue since day 1 for my Xbox series x. For some reason, it cannot connect to my 5 ghz network. Whenever I attempt to, it remains on the attempting to connect or testing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x issues forums