: Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes

Discus and support : Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes Since Xbox Series X removed the HDMI-IN port, there is no way to watch anything from your cable box through your xbox,... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Ravensbaby, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Ravensbaby
    Ravensbaby Guest

Since Xbox Series X removed the HDMI-IN port, there is no way to watch anything from your cable box through your xbox, meaning you have to switch inputs. I know someone will ask, who still watches cable, so I'll answer it right away, some packages are still
    cheaper for sports versus going to streams, I use cable strictly for sports.

On to my question, has anyone attempted an HDMI to USB conversion? So from your cable box, use HDMI and in your Xbox connect it through USB? Does this work? If so, can any recommend a specific cable, with a link. I know certain ones wont work because it
    has to be minimum 3.0 etc.

Thank you

:)

Ravensbaby, Nov 21, 2020
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

The upcoming X-Box Series X

Yes, I currently own an X Box One X

When does the new X Box series X release this year?

Will it have blue-ray?

I have a 65 inch, 4K television.

Will I see a difference in graphics with the new X Box on my 4K?
    Xbox Series X will release Holiday 2020, given Xbox's track record of releasing new consoles, they've usually been around November.

It will have Blu-Ray.

With the Xbox One X, it uses checkerboarding to get 4K resolution, though it's not true 4K, it's what allows the One X to get to 4K,

With the Xbox Series X, it will use true native 4K, you may see that the Series X will look a little better at 4K than the One X at 4K.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

1X degrades cable picture

So are you saying you plugged your cable box into the HDMI passthrough on the One X?

If the cable box is defaulting to a lower resolution when connected into the Xbox One X's HDMI passthrough, you should be able to adjust the display output in the cable box's settings menu.
  4. dboyrusky Win User

1X degrades cable picture

So are you saying you plugged your cable box into the HDMI passthrough on the One X?

If the cable box is defaulting to a lower resolution when connected into the Xbox One X's HDMI passthrough, you should be able to adjust the display output in the cable box's settings menu.
    When cable box goes through xbox one x the picture quality is degraded compared to when it is connected to tv straight. Not really resolution, theres more noise in the picture. Tried switching hdmi cables, inputs. Hopefully it can be corrected via software
    update.
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Coaxial Cable Xbox Series X

While its in theory a great idea... its unclear as far as details go right now if the Xbox Series X will even support the able to watch TV and have the Xbox itself function as a Cable/DVR box in a similar fashion as the Xbox One when they marketed as that
    all in one console during the One's early days. I completely agree that having more cord/cable adapter and plug-ins beyond the standard USB would be great and all... all things considered the Series X seems right now to be more heavily marketed toward gaming
    rather than TV or otherwise.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

And what if I buy a cable will it work
    The Xbox Series X will come with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

But whether you use a HDMI 2.1 cable or not, the HDMI port on the TV needs to be HDMI 2.1 to achieve the 120hz refresh rates at 4K.

using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a TV port with HDMI 2.0 will still only limit the Xbox Series X to 60hz refresh rates.

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes - Similar Threads - Series Cable Boxes

2. Bought a Series X from german Amazon, what power cable do I need to use in UK? Recommendations?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a Series X from german Amazon, what power cable do I need to use in UK? Recommendations?: Will this one work? https://www.amazon.co.uk/C2G-Power-Cable-BS1363-60320C7-Black/dp/B00H7COXX4/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=c2g+c7&qid=1607042609&sr=8-1 234f45b4-e128-4254-b8d6-4ff26b4419c6
  3. Series X thinks network cable is attached when it is not after restart

in XboX Insiders
    Series X thinks network cable is attached when it is not after restart: I've brought this up before, but I have not seen too many people bring this issue up. I just want to double check to see if anyone else is seeing their Series X switch from wireless networking to...
  4. xbox series x controller works properly when connected to a cable and not properly when...

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox series x controller works properly when connected to a cable and not properly when...: controller works perfectly when connected via the charging cable, but when i connect it wirelessly even after firmware update and updated windows to 2h2 still have the issue where in game the...
  5. Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either: Anybody have this issue?? A have tried everything!! fcac589e-5e09-4d16-8763-bdd72d1396d8
  6. Power cable for Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power cable for Xbox Series X: I want to be able to easily move my Xbox Series X between rooms, so I want to minimize the number of cables I have to deal with. So I was thinking about buying an extra power cable so I could just...
  7. Xbox Series X thinks a Ethernet cable is plugged in, when one isn’t.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X thinks a Ethernet cable is plugged in, when one isn’t.: My Xbox Series X keeps thinking its wired via ethernet cable when its not, so wont let me connect with WiFi. A power cycle restart fixes it, but when i turn it off and back on later to play it...
  8. : Xbox Series X HDMI 2.1 Cable

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox Series X HDMI 2.1 Cable: : Xbox Series X HDMI 2.1 Cable and is your pc using display port as a connection, if thats the case your monitor might not want to output 120hz on the hdmi. 63299111-9d03-467b-aae4-c1f434d8ea66
  9. My Xbox Elite Series 2 does not connect with cable to my pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox Elite Series 2 does not connect with cable to my pc.: Hi there, so I just bought the controller and connected it to the pc and it worked for 2minutes with the cable and then it suddenly turned off. There is no chance to get any sign of energy in the...
  10. Does anyone know what type of charger cable should be used for a Xbox Series X controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know what type of charger cable should be used for a Xbox Series X controller...: Hey everyone, I noticed that the XBSX does not come with a charger cable for the new controller. I personally need a 10 foot cable as my couch is about 8 feet away from where my console is. I...