: Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes

Discus and support : Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes Since Xbox Series X removed the HDMI-IN port, there is no way to watch anything from your cable box through your xbox,... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Ravensbaby, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Ravensbaby
    Ravensbaby Guest

Since Xbox Series X removed the HDMI-IN port, there is no way to watch anything from your cable box through your xbox, meaning you have to switch inputs. I know someone will ask, who still watches cable, so I'll answer it right away, some packages are still
    cheaper for sports versus going to streams, I use cable strictly for sports.

On to my question, has anyone attempted an HDMI to USB conversion? So from your cable box, use HDMI and in your Xbox connect it through USB? Does this work? If so, can any recommend a specific cable, with a link. I know certain ones wont work because it
    has to be minimum 3.0 etc.

Thank you

:)

Ravensbaby, Nov 21, 2020
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

The upcoming X-Box Series X

Yes, I currently own an X Box One X

When does the new X Box series X release this year?

Will it have blue-ray?

I have a 65 inch, 4K television.

Will I see a difference in graphics with the new X Box on my 4K?
    Xbox Series X will release Holiday 2020, given Xbox's track record of releasing new consoles, they've usually been around November.

It will have Blu-Ray.

With the Xbox One X, it uses checkerboarding to get 4K resolution, though it's not true 4K, it's what allows the One X to get to 4K,

With the Xbox Series X, it will use true native 4K, you may see that the Series X will look a little better at 4K than the One X at 4K.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

1X degrades cable picture

So are you saying you plugged your cable box into the HDMI passthrough on the One X?

If the cable box is defaulting to a lower resolution when connected into the Xbox One X's HDMI passthrough, you should be able to adjust the display output in the cable box's settings menu.
  4. dboyrusky Win User

1X degrades cable picture

So are you saying you plugged your cable box into the HDMI passthrough on the One X?

If the cable box is defaulting to a lower resolution when connected into the Xbox One X's HDMI passthrough, you should be able to adjust the display output in the cable box's settings menu.
    When cable box goes through xbox one x the picture quality is degraded compared to when it is connected to tv straight. Not really resolution, theres more noise in the picture. Tried switching hdmi cables, inputs. Hopefully it can be corrected via software
    update.
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Coaxial Cable Xbox Series X

While its in theory a great idea... its unclear as far as details go right now if the Xbox Series X will even support the able to watch TV and have the Xbox itself function as a Cable/DVR box in a similar fashion as the Xbox One when they marketed as that
    all in one console during the One's early days. I completely agree that having more cord/cable adapter and plug-ins beyond the standard USB would be great and all... all things considered the Series X seems right now to be more heavily marketed toward gaming
    rather than TV or otherwise.
  6. SXO VI MAZEONE Win User

Xbox Series X stuck on Xbox logo, cannot reset the console

I talked to the support and wie tryed to factory reset the x box but its not worked the same Problem whit my x box one x so now the series x and my one x not working anymore
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X and Cable Boxes - Similar Threads - Series Cable Boxes

2. Xbox series X, loose power cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, loose power cable: Hi, when I plug in my Series X the power connecter that plugs into the console is loose and will sometimes fall out. And when I plug it back in, no matter how hard I push, it will be loose and...
  3. Xbox Series S won't support 2K 120hz with 2.0 cable even though monitor supports up to 2K 144hz

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S won't support 2K 120hz with 2.0 cable even though monitor supports up to 2K 144hz: I recently saw at Microsoft forums a post and it seems the guy is saying that he has a 2K 144hz monitor and XBOX SERIES S will only let him switch between 2k60hz or 1080p 120hz. Witch is really...
  4. USB Y cable for Mouse/Keyboard between a Pc and Series X?

in XBoX on Mobile
    USB Y cable for Mouse/Keyboard between a Pc and Series X?: Hi everyone A lot of people have had similar questions but i cant find an exact copy of what im looking for/ a simple response that isnt pure jargon so here goes Does anybody use/ know if a USB...
  5. Will any USB-C cable work with Xbox Series X controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will any USB-C cable work with Xbox Series X controller?: Asking because I am using my old Xbox One play and charge kit battery pack inside my new Xbox Series X controller. As you probably know, though, the charging cable for that battery pack is not...
  6. Xbox series x, no usb-c cable (for controller) included?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x, no usb-c cable (for controller) included?: Hello all, I recently bought a xbox series x. It seems the controller comes without an usb-c cable? I can only use it wireless now... Is this correct or did I miss the cable in the package? It...
  7. Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external...: The controller was updated to the latest firmware today. The Bluetooth connects immediately to my Pixel phone, a Raspberry Pi400, an old Lynx 7 Windows tablet and a 2018 iPad. It won't connect...
  8. Xbox series x hdmi cable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series x hdmi cable: So i heard the series x comes with a 2.1 hdmi cable in the packaging, but will it work on 2.0 tvs like if it had backwards compatibility or something? 5cad5121-53df-420f-9e21-a2296eecb4b8
  9. Power cable for Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power cable for Xbox series x: Does anyone have any issues with the power cable end going into the xbox being loose? I noticed that it can easily wiggle out. ce515441-69e6-4b1c-9bfd-038ddcea63b3
  10. Series X Type C charge and play cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Type C charge and play cable: Does the new charge and play cable for the latest generation of controllers with Type C charging have an LED light? I love that feature and wanted to make sure before getting a new cable. Thanks....