: Xbox series X and monitors - Free Sync - G Sync

Discus and support : Xbox series X and monitors - Free Sync - G Sync in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox series X and monitors - Free Sync - G Sync Lg is a major computer componebt partner but freesync and gsync are only for high refresh rates... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by GavinHall, Feb 3, 2021.

1. GavinHall
    GavinHall Guest

Lg is a major computer componebt partner but freesync and gsync are only for high refresh rates doesnt mean they arent usible

:)

GavinHall, Feb 3, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Lg is a major computer componebt partner but freesync and gsync are only for high refresh rates doesnt mean they arent usible
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

1440p@ 120 hz issue xbox series x

I fixxed it by changing my monitor to fps mode and disable freesync premium on the monitor itself. Now I am at 1440p@120hz on xbox series x
    Be that is it may, it's not a true 120Hz, not for fully smooth gameplay anyway.

Most games promising 120 fps don't fully get there. This means that when the frame rate drops below 120fps, the game will no longer be in-sync with monitor refresh, the result will be screen tearing and judder/stutter.

That's why Free-Sync was created.
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Monitor

I use this one on with my Xbox One S:

https://www.benq.com/en/monitor/stylish/gl2706pq.html

It's a really good 27 inch 2K60 monitor.

My brother uses this one on his Xbox One X:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/

It's widely considered to be the best 2K monitor on the market, one of the best g-sync monitors on the market, one of the best 27 inch monitors one of the best overall gaming monitors on the market. But all of that comes at a very high price.

It really depends what you're looking for. Are you after a 1080p g-sync HDR monitor? A decent 4K monitor? A 4K HDR monster of a monitor? A massive screen?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Trouble Displaying 120hz

Hi,

This isn't the right type of monitor for your requirements. There a number of issues here:

Your monitor is only HDMI 1.4

This means that regardless of what cable you use, your monitor's maximum refresh is 60Hz. This is hardware locked and a limitation of your monitor's hardware.

[​IMG]

Display Port is the recommended connection for this monitor.

Your monitor has a Display Port version 1.2. This port is the only port the can use your display's full range of features of up to 165Hz Unfortunately, DP is not supported by Xbox One or the new up-coming Series X/S

Variable Refresh is greyed out

Variable refresh (or VRR) is a technology that can only be used on displays that support FreeSync. Unfortunately this monitor does not support FreeSync. It does have a form of VRR, unfortunately it's an NVIDIA technology called G-Sync. Unfortunately, G-Sync
    is not supported by Xbox consoles. G-Sync can only be used on PCs with a compatible graphics card.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S won't output 1440p on 3440x1440p acer predator X34 monitor

when i change the override thing from Auto-Detect to HDMI, it comes up with a new video output - 1440p.
    It will only be 1440 on the vertical axis, not the full resolution your display is capable of.

Also the X34 is a PC G-SYNC monitor, but the NVIDIA G-SYNC feature is only for PCs running NVIDIA graphics cards. While your monitor will work with console, you can't use one the key features of this monitor that you've paid so much for.

I recommend replacing it for a different monitor more compatible with the Xbox One. As currently you can't use your monitors full resolution and you can't use G-SYNC as its for PCs. You can't use the features you paid for, unless you also own a gaming PC.
Thema:

1. : Xbox series X and monitors - Free Sync - G Sync - Similar Threads - series monitors Free

2. Mic and monitoring greyed out and not working Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic and monitoring greyed out and not working Xbox series x: If the mixer and monitoring is greyed out in the xbox series x when you connect your headset and the option to turn on or off your mic isnt showing up attach a normal set of headphones to your...
  3. Using a laptop as a monitor (series s)

in XBoX on Windows
    Using a laptop as a monitor (series s): hi there, i own a laptop with an i3 intel core (it is a pavillion hp aptopl) and i am considering buying the Xbox series s console. i tried googling and youtube but it is difficult to find a...
  4. Anyway To Allow 4K Xbox Series X W/ 2560 x 1440 60 hz Monitor? Oversampling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway To Allow 4K Xbox Series X W/ 2560 x 1440 60 hz Monitor? Oversampling: What I would like to do is oversample my games while running at 2560 x 1440. I know the Xbox Series X can output 4k, So I thought I could oversample like I did on PC with Nvidia DSR. I can enable...
  5. xbox series S bad video quality on 1080 monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series S bad video quality on 1080 monitor: xbox series S, bad video quality on 1080p monitor it's impossible to play, the quality is similar to 360p how to fix this ? i played CAll of duty warzone , Control , Sekiro ....
  6. HDMI 2.1, 4K 144hz Gaming Monitor's for Xbox Series X, Part 2 update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI 2.1, 4K 144hz Gaming Monitor's for Xbox Series X, Part 2 update.: This is a post I first started, about the first 4K 144hz HDMI 2.1 Gaming monitors, that will be ideal for Series X to get that 4K 120hz, link down here......
  7. Monitor not hitting 1440p @ 120Hz on Series X - HDMI Override Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor not hitting 1440p @ 120Hz on Series X - HDMI Override Issue: I have an ASUS TUF VG27WQ, which is capable of 2560x1440 @ 165Hz. When I try to set the Xbox Series X to 1440p @120Hz it says my monitor is not capable. I have seen that other people are having...
  8. Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gigabyte M27Q monitor and Xbox Series X: I've checked all the specifications for this monitor and it supports 1440p@120hz over HDMI 2.0. The timing list also shows this: [img] But, if I connect xbox series x to the monitor, xbox...
  9. Xbox Series X - QHD or FHD monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - QHD or FHD monitor: Guys, if I connect an Xbox Series X to a Full HD or QHD monitor, how will the games behave? For example, instead of running at 4k 60fps will it be 1440p 60fps? If a game is running at 4k 50, that...
  10. Xbox Serie X and Iiyama monitor - no 4k

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Serie X and Iiyama monitor - no 4k: Happy new year from France Iiyama G-Master GB2888USHU and xbox serie x 1080p or 1440p allowed, not 4K UHD It was fine with Xbox one X, it is not with serie X FYI i have sent a message via...