Xbox Series X and One X Dolby bitstream audio delay

Discus and support Xbox Series X and One X Dolby bitstream audio delay in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've had this problem for quite some while now, and I see a lot of people on the internet have a similar problem. I've got a Samsung Q90T linked to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JasperNLD, Aug 10, 2022.

1. JasperNLD
    JasperNLD Guest

I've had this problem for quite some while now, and I see a lot of people on the internet have a similar problem. I've got a Samsung Q90T linked to my Sony HT-ZF9 using eARC. I've got my Xbox Series X (before it was the One X) linked to my gaming port using a HDMI 2.1 cable and I switched my TV into audio passthrough. When using Bitstream Dolby options there is a massive delay in the audio. Dolby Atmos is basically unusable. The only way to play using 120hz HDR now is using stereo sound output. I didn't have this problem before with my PS4 Pro, neither do I have this problem with my Nvidia Shield. I'm a bit annoyed that this problem doesn't get fixed. Unfortunately my TV doesn't support DTS passthrough, as I read that setting it to DTS will fix the issue.

What can I do to finally use my Xbox as intended? When googling this issue I see a lot of people having the same (or similar) issue. Is Microsoft planning on finally fixing this with an update?

:)

JasperNLD, Aug 10, 2022
  2. SteeleWake Win User

Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

Issue has been reported multiple times by many people as indicated in this and few other threads (reddit, xbox forums, etc). I myself have opened several tickets (currently have one ongoing now) on the issue and yet it still hasn't been resolved. I have also created help tickets with Dolby Access Support, and their responses continue to be that it is a Microsoft issue in how it is outputting Dolby Atmos. Summary of my issues is below:

- Bitstream audio out no longer an option in the HDMI output settings. In the November 2021 update on the Xbox Series X, the audio settings page was changed and unfortunately the option to output bitstream audio was removed. Despite the many issues this has caused, Microsoft still has not fixed the issue. Please bring back the bitstream/lossless output formats instead of forcing PCM only.

- Despite Dolby Atmos being selected as shown in the picture, the Xbox is outputting PCM 'multichannel audio' instead of Atmos (receiver display shown in lower portion of picture). This appears to be causing delays/hiccups in the HDMI handshake process as whatever PCM signal is being sent is not fully correct and the receiver bounces between seeing multichannel audio and dolby atmos until finally settling on multichannel audio. To my earlier comment, being able to pass true bitstream dolby atmos audio to the receiver should eliminate this issue.

- I have the Xbox Series X running to the AVR and then to the TV in order to have access to all the audio formats. When I tried to run the Xbox directly to the TV and then audio over eArc to the receiver, the Xbox will only output PCM Stereo, Dolby Digital or Dolby Atmos. I have tested the TV/receiver and they are able to pass other formats (such as DTS:X) over eArc so it is an Xbox issue of not allowing all the formats to be output (possibly related to bistream vs PCM also?).
  3. imanshanizadehasli Win User

When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

Why does not Microsoft add these two audio formats to the bitstream of the xbox one x console? If only added to the blueray part. We want these audio formats to be added in the bitstream of the xbox
    one x console.

4. imanshanizadehasli Win User

When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

That's not right. I connect with a hdmi cable, not with an optical cable. The problem is that you do not add the Dolby true hd and dts hd master audio format to the xbox one x console bitstream part.

5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Dolby atmos not working on Xbox one x

6. Mogwai Warrior Win User

I think Xbox One has finally got Dolby Digital output through Optical?

Thema:

1. Xbox Series X and One X Dolby bitstream audio delay - Similar Threads - Series Dolby bitstream

2. HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X: After one of the recent console updates (within the last 2-3months), I've noticed that HDR is no longer working for any game on my Xbox Series X. All required check boxes under the 'Video Modes'...
  3. question about Dolby vision on the series s

in XboX Insiders
    question about Dolby vision on the series s: Anyone else seem to not get Dolby vision anymore? Playing on a series s, it was working last month when playing psychonauts 2, not sure if there's been some kind of update from stopping this....
  4. Xbox Series X HDMI Audio - Dolby Digital

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X HDMI Audio - Dolby Digital: I am running a 5.1 Sonos sound system through ARC HDMI into my TV. I have an Xbox One and Series X in other HDMI ports of my TV. Xbox One is correctly showing 5.1 and Dolby Digital as options for...
  5. XBOX Series X Dolby Atmos audio cut out

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Dolby Atmos audio cut out: I have a Sony XR50X94JU Soundbar: Samsung Q930B Soundbar connected to HDMI 3 (EARC/ARC 120HZ 4K) Xbox connected to HDMI 4 (ARC 120HZ 4K) Hello, I go to play games on my Xbox and sometimes...
  6. Dolby Vision broken? Series x screen freezes multiple colors.

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision broken? Series x screen freezes multiple colors.: Trying to figure out what’s wrong with my series x, every-time I launch a Dolby vision supported game, screen goes multiple colors and display does not function properly have to reset console. I...
  7. Xbox Series X Dolby Atmos Netflix issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Dolby Atmos Netflix issue: So I’m not entirely sure if it makes sense to make a post here but I’ll try anyways, besides if it’s not I know a mod will lock it. I’ve finished the latest season of Stranger Things up to episode...
  8. Dolby Vision gaming Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Vision gaming Xbox series X: hi I have a TV that supports Derby vision gaming up to 120 Hz on the 4K TV details settings I have green ticks all the way I had an update for the Xbox series X now it says your TV support Dolby...
  9. Audio Delay - Xbox Series S + Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Delay - Xbox Series S + Dolby Atmos: After doing some research it seems like this is a known issue across all sound systems but I’ll post here so MS and Dolby can see. Whenever I try to play games on Xbox Series S with my VIZIO...
  10. Dolby Digital audio delay when choosing bitstream out on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Digital audio delay when choosing bitstream out on series x: Hi, I've been trying to set my audio to dolby digital on my xbox series x, but for some reason I can only choose stereo (which is PCM and not Dolby Digital) or bitstream out dolby digital....