: Xbox Series X and Yamaha Receiver

Discus and support : Xbox Series X and Yamaha Receiver in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X and Yamaha Receiver Hi All, I have an issue with the CEC functionality of the Xbox Series X. Its able to turn my Samsung TV on and off... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by DarkmanDrew252, Nov 25, 2020.

1. : Xbox Series X and Yamaha Receiver

Hi All,

I have an issue with the CEC functionality of the Xbox Series X. Its able to turn my Samsung TV on and off just fine, but it is only able to turn OFF my Yamaha RXV-683 reviever and not ON.

Wouldn't you think if it could communicate with the reciever to turn it off, it would have the ability to turn it on?

:)

DarkmanDrew252, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Anonymous340 Win User

3D not working for Halo CE

I'm having the same issue.

Samsung 46-inch 3D HDTV 7000 series.

Connecting Xbox via HDMI to a Yamaha receiver.

Same connection for my cable provider and my 3d blu-ray player. Everything works in 3D except Halo. :(
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

XBox One S wont recognize UHD capability

I was looking through the online manuals for both your Yamaha receiver and your Samsung TV, and I think I found the problem.

Your Yamaha RX-V575 does not support 4K@60Hz, according to the HDMI specs in
    this page of the RX-V575 manual
    . It is only compatible with 4K@24/25/30Hz, which seems to be why the Xbox is not properly displaying 4K while connected
    to the Yamaha receiver.

I suggest you plug the Xbox directly into the TV's HDMI port, and use an optical cable from the Xbox to the Yamaha receiver if you have a sound system set up.
  5. Pinbot Fembot 1 Win User

Picture & sound not showing when HDMI plugged into Yamaha Reciever

Hi, I have a yamaha receiver, and I have both HDMI and optical out going to the receiver from the Xbox.

A lot of receivers don't the the ability to get surround sound just from HDMI. I'd recommend trying an optical cable as well as the HDMI.

Also, if it helps, my Xbox and DTV are on the same amp channel via the Yamaha receiver.

I hope combining HDMI and optical works :) Let us know.
  6. Porsche986dad Win User

XBox One S wont recognize UHD capability

I was looking through the online manuals for both your Yamaha receiver and your Samsung TV, and I think I found the problem.

Your Yamaha RX-V575 does not support 4K@60Hz, according to the HDMI specs in
    this page of the RX-V575 manual
    . It is only compatible with 4K@24/25/30Hz, which seems to be why the Xbox is not properly displaying 4K while connected
    to the Yamaha receiver.

I suggest you plug the Xbox directly into the TV's HDMI port, and use an optical cable from the Xbox to the Yamaha receiver if you have a sound system set up.
    You nailed it. The Yamaha pass through was the issue. Hooked it up as you suggested and BAM! Apparently some Netflix content is broadcast in 4K at under 60hz, which I could receive and view. That led me to believe that all 4k content should be viewable.
    Not true obviously.. I was not getting anything in 4K@60Hz - which is a LOT I see. Yamaha users be advised......check your specs.
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X and Yamaha Receiver - Similar Threads - Series Yamaha Receiver

2. Logitech g920 on xbox series x and Dirt 4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logitech g920 on xbox series x and Dirt 4: I'm trying to get the g920 steering wheel to work for Dirt 4 on xbox series x. It doesn't however connect. It works on Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 4. Anyone who have an idea on how to solve it?
  3. Xbox original disc - Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox original disc - Series X: Hi, I have a disc for the original xbox and its not playing on the series X despite being in the backward compatable list and available for purchase throught the store. I get the error messege...
  4. X box series x - game pass - play later.

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x - game pass - play later.: Where do I locate (and can subsequently play) the games which ive added to the “Play Later” feature on my xbox series x game pass menu? Having purchased an xbox series x and set up my profile:...
  5. xbox series S bad video quality on 1080 monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series S bad video quality on 1080 monitor: xbox series S, bad video quality on 1080p monitor it's impossible to play, the quality is similar to 360p how to fix this ? i played CAll of duty warzone , Control , Sekiro ....
  6. Robotic sounding audio on series X games

in XboX Insiders
    Robotic sounding audio on series X games: I am encountering audio issues while using Dolby atmos on series X games the audio is all robotic sounding and crackling it doesn't do this on non series x games so far the game I have experienced...
  7. Anyone has the Problem with Games Not Start after Download in fast-start Mode on Series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone has the Problem with Games Not Start after Download in fast-start Mode on Series x?: I noticed today If i donwload a Game, Turn Off my Series x, restart 10 min again to Look how far my donwload is and it showed that the Game ist finished. I have a 100mb Connection and the Game has...
  8. Connect series x to a soundbar yamaha sr-b20a

in XboX Insiders
    Connect series x to a soundbar yamaha sr-b20a: Hallo i want to connect my series x to my soundbar yamaha, i have a hisense h43m3000 tv, the soundbar have 2 optical and one arc hdmi, what is the better way to connect? hdmi arc from tv to...
  9. Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha): TV: LG OLED77CX3 Amplifier: Yamaha RX-A2050 Xbox Series X is connected directly to TV HDMI input (for HDR and 120hz compatibility) and sound is routed via TV to the amplifier via HDMI ARC....
  10. : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver: : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver I just got my Series X and am experiencing issues with the CEC functionality with my Yamaha v383 receiver. The system will turn the receiver on and...