Xbox Series X AppleTV white line on letter box

Discus and support Xbox Series X AppleTV white line on letter box in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am out of ideas and seeing if anyone else has this issue. When watching movies in AppleTV that are 4K, HDR and letter box, there is a white line... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/rupertthecactus, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X AppleTV white line on letter box

I am out of ideas and seeing if anyone else has this issue.

When watching movies in AppleTV that are 4K, HDR and letter box, there is a white line that appears after skipping ahead or rewinding. It almost looks like it has lost tracking or like it's an old VHS white line on a tape. It's a horizontal white line going across the top of the letter box. It is very noticeable in dark scenes in movies.

• I acquired new HDMI cables and the issue is still there.
    • It's not on any other streaming services, just AppleTV.
    • I use AppleTV on a Chromecast and the issue isn't there.
    • I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have also reset the Xbox.
    • Any HDMI cable I use creates the same error. Trying different HDMI ports also creates the same error.
    • I have switched on and off every setting in Xbox and for my TV and the error is still there after skipping ahead or rewinding.
    • Sometimes there is a green line running across the bottom of the image as well.
    • If I plug in my Xbox Series X with the same TV, same updates and same HDMI wires the white lines disappear.
    • If I turn off HDR or 4k, the white line disappears. If I select 1080P in the Xbox settings, but leave 4K and HDR on, I am able to get AppleTV to play the movie and not create the white artifact. This leads me to believe it is a glitch when selecting 4K UHD as an option. Not sure how it is all connected though.

If anyone has any ideas or advice I would appreciate it. I am hoping a future update will resolve the issue, as this didn't occur before.

submitted by /u/rupertthecactus
    [link] [comments]

/u/rupertthecactus, Oct 17, 2021
  2. APOCACIDE Win User

New CQC map video.

white box with FPS in black letters
  3. Korhog Win User

Xbox Elite series 2 - White edition

white edition of the elite 2 controller shoud be released only after xbox series x white edition)
  4. APOCACIDE Win User

Why people are saying that BF3 is going for MW3 feel?

white box with FPS in black letters on it-of course u can get NOW WITH VEHICLES, or the ever popular IN SPACE
  5. J.R.G. Win User

Best 4K TV

3 tvs are the top of the line. lg oled, samsung 8000/9000 series and vizio p series. all the rest are not there including sony
    My friend recently bought a 65" Vizio P-Series...gorgeous picture. Even the standard X Box One looks better on it.
  6. Trentelshark Win User

Resolution from Standby Part 2

Forgot to mention this happened to me once when I was on HDMI2 for AppleTV and turned the x-box on prematurely. When I came back to HDMI1 I was running a similar resolution, but my dashboard was only taking up 1/4 of the screen.
Thema:

Xbox Series X AppleTV white line on letter box

1. Xbox Series X AppleTV white line on letter box - Similar Threads - Series AppleTV white

2. Xbox Series S Games Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S Games Crashing: Greetings everyone! I've owned a Xbox Series S since the mid of september, and since I've bought it, the games that I play crash for some unknown reason. I've been playing: - Gears of War -...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Why don't the face buttons work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Why don't the face buttons work?: What's going on with the $180 $160 ELITE series 2 xbox controller? I just bought one (for use on PC) from the microsoft store. First time I used it, the A button was only intermittently...
  4. Broken HDMI Port? - Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI Port? - Series X: Need some help figuring out if I need to send my Xbox in for repair or if there is a workaround to this issue. I was playing Halo today and my TV screen went black, my Xbox was still on and I...
  5. How To Set Up Dolby Atmos on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How To Set Up Dolby Atmos on Series X: Hi All! I may just be missing something obvious, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to set up my Dolby Atmos on my Series X. I paid the license fee, it shows I have access via the app,...
  6. Obtaining an Xbox Series X Halo bundle

in XBoX on Windows
    Obtaining an Xbox Series X Halo bundle: Hi there, I know everyone is playing the waiting game with the current supply chain issues, but I've been trying to get my hands on a Series X for over a year without luck. Background - I am a...
  7. Can my Canadian Xbox series s work in Pakistan voltage which is 230volts without converter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Canadian Xbox series s work in Pakistan voltage which is 230volts without converter: Can my Canadian Xbox series s work in Pakistan voltage which is 230 volts without converter 5ef7798a-d135-4fb0-8824-e4f171a6d26c
  8. My xbox series x keeps turning of in new games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x keeps turning of in new games: Hi My xbox just turning off in new games like halo infinity or forza horizon 5 But in other games it's okey I try all solutions that microsoft tells but it's not working Please let me know...
  9. Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X: Any idea on how I can get my hands on an Xbox Series X? I know it's a hot item and a tough one but any insight would be awesome. Thanks! 76de46ee-7748-4e36-b878-229f4ef9e1eb
  10. Xbox Series X invite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X invite: How do you get an invite email for purchase of the Series X? I've had a Microsoft account for over 10 years (Game Pass/Game Pass Ultimate). It's been more than a little frustrating trying to...