Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player

Discus and support Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Can’t seem to find a definitive answer online. Was going to buy a 4K Blu-Ray Player but many of them say it’s Upscaled 4K and many reviews say that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SpiralSAW18, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player

Can’t seem to find a definitive answer online.

Was going to buy a 4K Blu-Ray Player but many of them say it’s Upscaled 4K and many reviews say that many players have freezing issues etc.

Does the XSX play 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray discs at native 4K or is it upscaled 4K? Thanks.

submitted by /u/SpiralSAW18
    [link] [comments]

/u/SpiralSAW18, Dec 5, 2021
  2. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one s can play 4k Utra hd blu Ray dise ?

Hi

Yes it can play UHD Blu Ray discs please see this link below.

www.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-s

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and Streaming
    With four times the resolution of standard HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-ray movies in stunning
    visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.
  3. t4ryn it up Win User

Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?

Although both the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X can both stream 4K, only the One X is capable of true 4K gaming. I would recommend the XBox One X over the XBox One S because it only one that can truly do 4K gaming! The XBox One S can upscale 1080p games
    to 4K but isn’t a real 4K console, although it can play Blu-Ray in 4K. The XBox One X is the first console to truly be able to stream 4K gaming, plus it has a Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player!
  4. BlaseCell73701 Win User

Xbox One S not detecting my TV properly

Hey, I just bought the XB1S solely for 4K Blu Ray, but I seem to be having the same problem.

My TV
    (here)
    is a 4K UHD TV and while I have the 1S connected via the provided HDMI cable, it won't acknowledge that it's even capable of displaying at 25/30Hz.

Want to know what's going on here, pretty annoyed because I only got it to replace the current bluray player for 4K. :(
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can't I play a dvd on my Xbox 360?

Hi,

Several reasons.

1. The 360 has a DVD drive. Full HD discs use Blu-ray disc tecnology. 4K Ultra HD use UHD Blu-ray discs. The 360 can not read Blu-ray discs.

2. The internal 360 hardware is simply not fast enough to decode 4K video content, and the graphics hardware can not output to 4K anyway.

No software in the world can update old hardware.
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

Cannot play some 4K UHD

Hey there NICHOLASSS,

The Xbox One S fully complies with Ultra HD Blu-ray requirements; however, we are aware that a limited number of 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray movie discs manufactured earlier in 2016 may not play on the Xbox One S. This issue has since been corrected, but if you
    are experiencing a problem playing a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray movie disc, you can contact the customer service department of the title’s studio for support. Please note, your console does not need repair or further updates to resolve this particular disc issue.

I've sent you an Xbox Live Message with more information on how to obtain replacement discs that will work on your Xbox One S console. :)
Thema:

Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player

1. Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player - Similar Threads - Series Ultra Blu

2. Elite Series 2 Disconnect issues.

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 Disconnect issues.: So I saw a thread on this sub that was 3 years old and am shocked that in 2022 it could still be an issue. I have an Elite Series 2 connected to a Series S and randomly (usually in the middle of a...
  3. Xbox Series X not able to load games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not able to load games: How do I fix this? Here is what happened: Playing a game and suddenly it freezes and force closes back to dashboard. First I thought it was the game, tried a different game and the problem...
  4. Xbox Series X - Controller disconnects then network disconnects.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Controller disconnects then network disconnects.: Hello I am having an issue where I'll be playing a game on my Xbox Series X and after about 15 minutes my controller will lock up and disconnect and will not reconnect, then after about 5 minutes...
  5. Xbox Series X crashes to dashboard and turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes to dashboard and turns off: Hello. Starting yesturday my Xbox SX started to freeze while loading games and eventually turning off. I've found solutions, tried and they didn't help: - Rebooting - Unplugging power cord...
  6. Unavailability of Xbox Series X in India

in XBoX on Windows
    Unavailability of Xbox Series X in India: Hey everyone. Just wanted to know whether there exist any means to know when there'll be restocking of Series X in India. I'm desperately waiting for the same for past several months....
  7. Skyrim Legendary edition isn't recognised by Series X console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim Legendary edition isn't recognised by Series X console: I wanted to get the new version of Skyrim released late last year, and I have the Xbox 360 Legendary version. I thought if I installed it on the Series X it would upgrade to the latest version....
  8. Fortnite battle royale freezing Xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite battle royale freezing Xbox series s: Whenever I play the battle royale mode of fortnite since the new update the game has been super laggy and unresponsive at times and completely freezes my Xbox series s. I have to long press my...
  9. Series S set up failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S set up failure: Hello. Xbox One died today, or at least the endless green and black SOD indicated as such. I bought a Series S, brought it home, it would not connect at all. Tried for hours, drove back and...
  10. Ultra Street Fighter 4 update for SSF4AE not working on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ultra Street Fighter 4 update for SSF4AE not working on Xbox Series S: I recently purchased and installed Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and the Ultra SFIV DLC for it so I could play Ultra Street Fighter IV on my Xbox Series S, but the Ultra SFIV DLC isn't...