Xbox Series X audio delay through eARC

Discus and support Xbox Series X audio delay through eARC in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've tried this with LG OLED C2 and Samsung S95B. No issues with PS5 and Apple TV, but Xbox Series X (and Switch) have noticeable audio delay/lag. I've... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Umbasaman, Sep 18, 2022.

1. /u/Umbasaman
    /u/Umbasaman Guest

I've tried this with LG OLED C2 and Samsung S95B. No issues with PS5 and Apple TV, but Xbox Series X (and Switch) have noticeable audio delay/lag. I've tried all different combination of settings on TV and Xbox, but no success. Many other people have the same issue and have posted about it online, but there is no solution. This is really pushing me away from Xbox. Please help, thanks.

submitted by /u/Umbasaman
    [link] [comments]

/u/Umbasaman, Sep 18, 2022
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One X: Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) support

As the Xbox One X is an audio source, it doesn't need to send or receive audio via ARC or eARC.

Audio Return Channel is only for TV's that are supposed to "return" Audio back to an AV receiver or connected Soundbar.

As the Xbox One X doesn't have speakers to play audio recieved through ARC, it won't support "ARC" or "eARC". Your TV needs to support ARC or eARC.

What exactly is your TV and console setup, that you would need eARC in the Xbox One X?
  3. killkuter Win User

Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

After a lot of test, to solve it i plug xbox on my lg cx with option sync AV arc bypass and activate earc with my denon 1600h.

If earc is off there is a big audio delay but my denon receive an atmos emulated (pcm) for all game, If earc on no delay atmos OK on halo, forza etc... But no atmos on ubisoft game same as farcry 6.

Ubisoft game not really atmos but a dolby 7.1 sound ?

My conclusion If xbox use dolby atmos emulation or no earc there is a delay, if earc activate no delay but only atmos with game compatible
  4. Xiang Fish Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

Updated:

I found that my soundbar SONY HT Z9F soundbar use HDMI 2.0 of which bandwidth is 18gbs connect to my TV using eARC port, so I changes my HDMI to

8K HDMI of which soundbar is 48gbs, and the delay improve a lot that it is hard to notice now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tested. My set is

TV has enable eARC and set sound passthrough, HDMI BITSTREAM. XBOX SERIES allows PASSTHROUGH.

XBOX SERIES X --> LG 65 QNED90 --> SONY HT Z9F (eARC)

there is very noticeable delay on Atmos but don't have delay on any uncompressed sound like 5.1 or 7.1

XBOX SERIES X --> SONY HT Z9F (eARC) --> LG 65 QNED90

the atoms sound is sync with image, but I got a ton of delay on controller input, so I set TV image mode to Game Optimize,

and set game mode to FPS, the controller input delay is gone, but now, i got atoms delay back...

By the way, because my TV doesn't support DTS - X PASSTHROUGH, so when I connect XBOX to my soundbar, I could enable DTS X, and DTS X is working perfectly and there is no any delay comparing to Dolby Atmos.

Razer Blade 15 with RTX 2070 MAX Q --> LG 65 QNED90 --> SONY HT Z9F (eARC)

I don't have any input or atmos sound delay in this set.

So here is conclusion:

xbox series x has issue to passthrough Atmos content, even thought it is directly connect to sound bar, the sound or TV try to delay image to sync with atmos sound which causes a ton of input delay. But once you set the TV into low legacy input mode to get rid of input delay, the Atmos sound delay will be back.

And Razer blade 15 with RTX 2070 MAX Q which is PC is perfectly working at Atmos without any issue.

So this is definitely XBOX SERIES X ISSUE!!!!
  5. SeanHennessy4 Win User

Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

I am experiencing the same issue. EARC, LG C1, auto is the only format in which the XSX will recognize Atmos capability, yet it introduces very significant delays. No delays in other formats. No atmos delays when streaming from my TV apps, only through the Xbox. Even in the menu, the audio “taps” come significantly after any action. This is extremely frustrating.
  6. KMORE94 Win User

Xbox One X: Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) support

Thanks for the response. That’s along the lines of what I was thinking (the xbox not needing to support eARC). This would mean the current issue I am experiencing is caused by my TV not properly passing through the audio of the Xbox.

From what I’ve seen, the higher bandwidth of eARC is required to pass through full, uncompressed Dolby Atmos with no A/V sync issues. I am currently having an issue where the audio from the Xbox is lagging behind the video whenever I play a game with Dolby
    Atmos enabled. Ex: I fire a shot in Call of Duty and the sound has a delay. Just wondering if its my TV having a software issue or if its the Xbox.

My current console setup is:

Xbox plugged directly into my TV (2019 LG C9 OLED, which supports eARC and Dolby Atmos). All of the ports on the TV support HDMI 2.1 features (eARC, ALLM, VRR/FreeSync, etc...)

I have my sound bar (Sony Z9F, which also supports eARC and Dolby Atmos) plugged directly into the TV.

The Xbox and sound bar are both connected to the TV via Ultra High Speed HDMI cables that support eARC.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X audio delay through eARC - Similar Threads - Series audio delay

2. Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X: Hello, I'm trying to watch the LOTR 4k UHD discs. There is a noticeable audio delay with the picture though. I am only playing the sound through the tv, I do not have external speakers or...
  3. Xbox Series X and One X Dolby bitstream audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X and One X Dolby bitstream audio delay: I've had this problem for quite some while now, and I see a lot of people on the internet have a similar problem. I've got a Samsung Q90T linked to my Sony HT-ZF9 using eARC. I've got my Xbox...
  4. Audio Delay - Xbox Series S + Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Delay - Xbox Series S + Dolby Atmos: After doing some research it seems like this is a known issue across all sound systems but I’ll post here so MS and Dolby can see. Whenever I try to play games on Xbox Series S with my VIZIO...
  5. Xbox Series X Audio Delay 150-250ms (Stereo Uncompressed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Audio Delay 150-250ms (Stereo Uncompressed): I'm getting a very noticable audio delay (about 150 -250 milliseconds) in various wired headphones connected to the 3.5mm audio port on the controller as well as the built in TV speakers on my LG...
  6. LG CX. Bitstream out audio delay is still present. Also, Series X will not allow you to...

in XboX Insiders
    LG CX. Bitstream out audio delay is still present. Also, Series X will not allow you to...: Using my new LG CX with my Series X and LG Atmos System. Atmos works great. Everything works great with all my other connected devices. Atmos on the Xbox works and sounds good although with the...
  7. Series X Audio Delay with Bitstream

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Audio Delay with Bitstream: When I use bitstream on my One X, PS4 Pro, or native TV apps, there is not audio delay. However, with the Series X (and using the same connection route as the previously mentioned devices) there...
  8. Xbox Series X significant audio delay with ARC receiver to TV (Sony X900H)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X significant audio delay with ARC receiver to TV (Sony X900H): So, I just got the Xbox Series X and it looks great, but I'm noticing very significant audio lag with the console. Seems like I'm not the only one either, as there are many posts about this issue....
  9. Xbox series x/clip audio delayed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x/clip audio delayed: I have an xbox series x (also insider,Omega) and the audio of the clip i take is 5 seconds delayed. submitted by /u/Riki4646 [link] [comments]
  10. Horrible Audio Delay using Bitstream on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Horrible Audio Delay using Bitstream on Xbox Series S: When will you guys fix the bad audio delay using bitstream with the xbox series S? I just got it today and Dobly Atmos is unusable because of the very noticeable audio delay when selecting that...