Xbox Series X Audio Quits Working

Discus and support Xbox Series X Audio Quits Working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Xbox Series X audio quits working quite regularly. I have my xbox in instant-on mode and every few days or so after turning it off at night when i turn... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by cDarby9, Apr 25, 2021.

1. cDarby9
    cDarby9 Guest

Xbox Series X audio quits working quite regularly. I have my xbox in instant-on mode and every few days or so after turning it off at night when i turn it back on the next day there is no audio. I have to cycle my xbox (hold button for 10 seconds or so) and then it comes back without adjusting a single thing on my tv. I run 4k 120hz too. Ive lost count how often this has happened. It’s incredibly frustrating and i can’t find anyone talking about it. Any suggestions???

:)

cDarby9, Apr 25, 2021
  2. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  3. THUND3R 4 Win User

So will the series X have an optical out port?

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-wont-have-spdif-optical-audio-or-ir-blaster

Nope. Confirmed by windows central series x WILL NOT have an optical port.

This is pretty damn poor from Microsoft. They have said all accessories for xbox one will work on series x. Wity this port missing this is not true. My £300 astro wireless headset will now no longer connect to the new console. I very much doubt astro could
    update it to work via USB only.

Pretty disappointed in this at the mo unless they come up with a fix so I still get the same great 3d audio from Dolby atmos and full chat using my a50's.
  4. TKroma XGU Win User

Xbox Series X

Xbox series X will be the next console of the Xbox franchise. Like the jump from Xbox 360 to Xbox one. You will be able to play you're Xbox one games on the Series X and the games coming out will be out on Xbox One as Xbox series X for a limited time.
    After a while they will quit making games for Xbox one and focus on Xbox Siries X
  5. PhysEdFuel Win User

Trying to get digital assistant to work but screen shows mic is turned off do I need a headset or is there one built in

Unfortunately, there is no built-in mic on the Xbox Series X and no bluetooth support if you're thinking to go that route.

You will need to attach a headset with a mic to the Xbox Series X controller. The Xbox Series X controller uses a standard 2.5mm audio connection for Xbox Live, you can use any standard headset. (It does not have to be something fancy or expensive.)

I hope this helps. Merry Christmas to all!
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series X - no dedicated digital sound output

I'm in a similar situation...

I use astro a50 gen 2 headset for my audio through optical port, without the optical port on the Series X my £299 astro headset is useless, just had order and spend another £299 for the astro a50 gen 4 to work with the Series X,

I would have rather have paid an extra £5-£10 more for the Series X console for it to have an optical port than having to pay out £299 for a new headset

I use a 4K monitor but it has no speakers, so I'm stuck with no audio at all for the Series X until I get my new headset.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Audio Quits Working - Similar Threads - Series Audio Quits

2. Outriders audio issue (Series X Beta Insider Ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Outriders audio issue (Series X Beta Insider Ring): I recently purchased the Xbox wireless headset and have used it without issue on several games. I revisited Outriders as I still have much to do and noticed during cut scenes I am getting a...
  3. Outriders cut scene audio issue (Series X)

in XboX Insiders
    Outriders cut scene audio issue (Series X): I recently purchased the Xbox wireless headset and have used it without issue on several games. I revisited Outriders as I still have much to do and noticed during cut scenes I am getting a...
  4. Dolby Atmos app on XBox Series X is "not active", even though it's selected in the audio...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos app on XBox Series X is "not active", even though it's selected in the audio...: Hello guys, I am using the above mentioned app for audio and having the issue that I have to manually deselect and select it again in the audio settings to make it work. You can clearly hear the...
  5. Series S controller only works with party chat and no game/system audio can be heard.

in XboX Insiders
    Series S controller only works with party chat and no game/system audio can be heard.: Basically, I’m having an issue where when headphones are connected to my Controller, I can’t hear game/system audio but I have no problem talking to my friends. I don’t know what to try as I tried...
  6. Xbox Series S youtube audio issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S youtube audio issues: Has anyone experienced audio issues with the YouTube app on the series s? Every video I play the audio slowly goes more and more out of sync with the video, and the only way to fix it is to pause...
  7. How to change in game audio and subtitle language? [Xbox Series X/S]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change in game audio and subtitle language? [Xbox Series X/S]: How can I change game audio and subtitle language on Xbox Series X/S? I coudn't find this option anywhere and this is a pretty basic and fundamental option in games....
  8. Xbox Series X No Game Capture Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X No Game Capture Audio: How come when I record game clips from my Xbox Series X there is no game audio? This happens specifically in all Series X Optimized sport games like NBA 2K21 Next Gen, Fifa 21 Next Gen, and MLB 21...
  9. Xbox Series X/S audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X/S audio: Why cant Xbox support USB audio for active speakers etc. like Playstation? It would be so much better than having to plug speakers via optical to the TV, who knows what different TV manufacturers...
  10. 8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to...

in XboX Insiders
    8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to...: I am tossing this out there right now as I am in the process of troubleshooting the issue with Sony support. Here is the setup: Xbox Series X (set to bitstream out, DTS Surround Sound) HDMI 2.1...