Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing

Discus and support Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My Xbox Series X has a problem. When I play movies or watch series from Netflix or Disney+, I get a black screen where only the sound remains.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by [ PR ], Mar 9, 2021.

1. [ PR ]
    [ PR ] Guest

Hi,

My Xbox Series X has a problem.

When I play movies or watch series from Netflix or Disney+, I get a black screen where only the sound remains.

It seems like it is a problem with HDR and a handshake issue, but I'm not sure. I never had these issues on my Xbox One X.

The image is completely black and it doesn't help to pause and resume, sometimes it works when I turn off the console and restart the app again.

It's not only through the apps that this can happen, but it also happens when playing games. The image turns black and the screen flashes for a second while sound is till playing in the background. It resumes almost right away but it's annoying and definitely not okay.

I've checked multiple HDMI-ports, tried different settings and everything is updated. I also did a factory reset but the problem is still there.
    It could be my LG TV, it's an older 4k HDR TV but it works as I said on my Xbox One X.

- Do you have any solutions for my problem? Could it be a hardware issue on the Series X?

Best Regards,

[PR]

:)

[ PR ], Mar 9, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @[ PR ], I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the console situation; However, I believe your console might need just a system refresh to perform the system update successfully. I would like you to go through the following steps to perform a quick power cycle.

I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

If you are still getting the same issue, I would like you please to kindly follow the instructions below to physically reset your console:

- Turn off the console unplug all the cables then re-plug them back again.

- Since the console is an all digital one, click on the "Bind" button, after 10 seconds click the home "X" button just once without letting go of the button. Throughout the whole process you will hear two beep sounds and end up with a troubleshooting page. On your screen. You will need to select the "Reset this Xbox" option and choose "Reset and keep my games and apps".

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

In case all previously mentioned troubleshooting steps weren't helpful, the next solution would be to perform an offline system update. In the link below you will be directed to everything you need to know about the offline update and how to run it.

The link: Perform an offline system update | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. The Kleaner Win User

Xbox Game Disc-to-Digital Availability

This is an incorrect assumption. You can insert an xbox one disc and download updates that may improve visuals and frame rates on Xbox Series X/S but in order to play you still need the disc unless you own the digital version of it.

Xbox Series X will utilize the Xbox One X version of enhancements while Xbox series S will use the Xbox One S enhancements.

You will not get a free game by borrowing or renting a physical version of a game and installing it on Xbox Series X/S.
  4. sheenfartling Win User

Watching 4K Hdr makes the picture worse and darkens everything until I quit out of it..

Same issue. vizio p series. Ghostbusters uhd disc and now The shallows uhd disc. Almost pitch black with distorted colors when I open the blu ray app. It will play the sound fine. Half the time it will crash to white static screen and have to power cycle
    the xbox. The other half I can tell I'm at the menu from the sounds, but no picture. At that point if I press a the movie still start and play fine. I have 5 other uhd discs and they play fine.
  5. TKroma XGU Win User

Xbox Series X

Xbox series X will be the next console of the Xbox franchise. Like the jump from Xbox 360 to Xbox one. You will be able to play you're Xbox one games on the Series X and the games coming out will be out on Xbox One as Xbox series X for a limited time.
    After a while they will quit making games for Xbox one and focus on Xbox Siries X
  6. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Legal Waranty 2 years in Europe, black screen Xbox One X

Here is a troubleshooting link for black screen: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing - Similar Threads - Series Black screen

2. Xbox remote play goes straight to black screen when I try to connect (Xbox series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play goes straight to black screen when I try to connect (Xbox series S): I try to connect to my console in my xbox desktop app, I have windows 10, I even tried to reinstall it, connect everything via ethernet wires, and nothing has worked, I tested with another...
  3. Black screen xbox one series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black screen xbox one series s: Hello since I've bought my new system the screen goes completely black and I have to reset. This happens several times a day its rediculuous. What fixes this? 4265cd90-bd1b-4ea3-b1f8-784565deb878
  4. Series X Black Screen When Installing From Library

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Black Screen When Installing From Library: Like the title says, whenever I try to install a game from my library I get a black screen. I can then select My Games & Apps or Home to fix it. Is this a common issue or should I be a bit more...
  5. My Series S got stuck on a black screen when I turned it on but then it restart itself and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S got stuck on a black screen when I turned it on but then it restart itself and...: When I turned on my Xbox, instead of getting the boot up animation, my Xbox got stuck on a black screen, then the power button started flashing and then my Xbox restarted and the power button went...
  6. XBOX Series X changing application black screen problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X changing application black screen problem: Basically the problem is, when playing a game for sometime like for example an hour or two, and then going back to the home screen, the XBOX series X would just stay stuck on a black screen. The...
  7. Xbox Series X Black Screens When Changing Hz

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Black Screens When Changing Hz: Hey all so I’ve recently brought the Xbox along with a monitor that can support 144hz however when I try to switch to it, it just black screens for 20 seconds and then goes back to 60hz? I’ve...
  8. Xbox Series X black screen and 480p mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X black screen and 480p mode: Looking for help on Xbox Series X, I have the LG G1 Evo TV (3.11.23 firmware) and Xbox is also updated. I have factory reset both and changed hdmi cables and input ports. Issue is that the TV and...
  9. Series X: black screen whilst playing a Blu-ray

in XboX Insiders
    Series X: black screen whilst playing a Blu-ray: Series X attached to an LG CX. Both fully updated. Essentially, I'll be watching a Blu-ray via my Series X, and the screen will go black for about 5 seconds at random intervals during a film...
  10. Bomberman R Online Black Screen Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bomberman R Online Black Screen Xbox Series X: Hello i have install bomberman r online and have purchase the premium pack. now i cant play the game. i have restart my xbox series x and have delete my account on the xbox. after i download my...