Xbox Series X : Call of Duty Black Ops Cold Ware shuts off console - not able to upgrade to...

Discus and support Xbox Series X : Call of Duty Black Ops Cold Ware shuts off console - not able to upgrade to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am an owner of the new Xbox Series X - like most people I purchased new games for my system. I digitally purchased Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Naakumaki, Nov 20, 2020 at 7:03 AM.

1. Naakumaki
    Naakumaki Guest

Xbox Series X : Call of Duty Black Ops Cold Ware shuts off console - not able to upgrade to...

I am an owner of the new Xbox Series X - like most people I purchased new games for my system. I digitally purchased Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War standard edition. There was no information that I would need a different version, or the version I purchased
    WAS NOT optimized for my new system, and that it would cause frequent system crashes. My Series X would only ever crash while playing the standard edition of Cold War.

After doing some researching and digging, I found a lot of people were having the same issue, that running the standard edition on a Series X|S causes your system to shut off, keeping your controller on; but you have to manually power on your system after it
    dies.

Switching to the X|S version of Cold War seems to fix the issue. My problem with this solution is that I spent $60 for the standard edition, a digital purchase, and when looking on the Xbox Store, to get the X|S version is an additional $70! I had read there
    should be an option to upgrade from the standard version to the X|S version for $10, but could not find that anywhere.

So I decided to contact Xbox Support. When I got on the phone with them finally, the lady I was talking to was very friendly, understood my issue perfectly fine, and directed me to the Xbox Refund page and had me submit a request for refund on the standard
    edition Cold War game. She assured me several times that my request would go through and she could see my request, and that it was safe to go ahead and purchase the other X|S version for $70, knowing that my other $60 would be refunded.

I downloaded the X|S version, got it up and running on my Series X, and never had an issue with it shutting off. I checked my email about 30 minutes ago and my refund request was DENIED since I used the digital content already. So now I am out $130 for one
    game, based off of information that I got from an Xbox employee on the phone.

This is deeply unacceptable. I am hoping someone at Xbox can review my situation and approve the refund that I was promised.

:)

2. AllAlexi Win User

Call of Duty Black Ops Cross Gen Upgrade

3. Boombaa Win User

Crashing

Hi,

This could be due to the Cold War version you are using on your Series X, did you take a look at
    here?
  4. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  5. Galsia Win User

Xbox Series X - shut down when playing Call of Duty: Cold War?

https://www.windowscentral.com/call-duty-black-ops-cold-war-shutting-down-your-xbox-series-xs-might-fix-it

Not tried it yet, but giving it a go. Will post update once complete.
  6. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X : Call of Duty Black Ops Cold Ware shuts off console - not able to upgrade to... - Similar Threads - Series Call Duty

2. Call of duty black ops cold war shuts down xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty black ops cold war shuts down xbox series s: Every time I play zombies, after a few rounds my game freezes then my xbox proceeds to shut down. b73d881a-8285-4950-b009-e8f497d1526a
  3. Series X/S - Calling on those who have had a shutdown issue... (A pseudo-poll for our piece...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X/S - Calling on those who have had a shutdown issue... (A pseudo-poll for our piece...: Hello all, I am trying to help everybody get a handle on any issues that might be occurring regarding shut downs especially after playing call of duty or Valhalla. Specifically, try to simply...
  4. Customer Support not accepting calls regarding Xbox Series X faulty hardware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer Support not accepting calls regarding Xbox Series X faulty hardware: When using customer support I get the message "Phone calls and chats aren't available for this issue." when I select that my Xbox Series X won't turn on. I have consumer rights in the UK, these...
  5. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Series X upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Series X upgrade: Hello. I bought the digital edition of Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War on Xbox One via a code from a retailer and was wondering if I could upgrade that to the Series X version for just the $10...
  6. Xbox Series X - shut down when playing Call of Duty: Cold War?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - shut down when playing Call of Duty: Cold War?: After a short time playing CoD: Cold War, the console freezes then completely shuts down. Console is not warm, is on hard surface, and is well ventilated. Happens every time. All other games...
  7. Sound Fan when I install Assassins o call of duty on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound Fan when I install Assassins o call of duty on Series X: One question, my xbox series X its excelent but when my xbox its stand up, when I install call of duty cold war, or assassins creed vallhalla, sound inside like a fan, but when i move a little bit...
  8. call of duty sniper series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    call of duty sniper series: I think its a great idea to have something different to the line up,You could have a large range of old and new sniper weapons go head to head on dedicated sniper maps,quick scoping,hard...
  9. call of duty sniper series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    call of duty sniper series: sounds like a good idea,dedicated maps,cool c99858ce-1b48-43a7-83b0-24b44b6548b8
  10. call of duty sniper series

in XBoX on Consoles
    call of duty sniper series: call of duty sniper series sounds like a good idea.anyone agree.It would be a great idea to have an array of different sniper guns old and new to go head to head on maps designed for sniping.Quick...