Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off.

Discus and support Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greetings I have an Xbox Series x last night I turned off the Xbox went to bed. When turning it on today it boots up fine. However it will not connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by charlesfisher, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off.

Greetings

I have an Xbox Series x last night I turned off the Xbox went to bed. When turning it on today it boots up fine. However it will not connect to ANY controller, wired USB, or wireless.

My controllers all pair with my PC, phone, and other Xboxes. Please advise.

I have unplugged the Xbox series X from all devices and let sit for over 5 minutes. Plugged back in booted up fine...but no controller will connect.

I can push the pair on both the Series X and on any controller...but as soon as they pair my controller immediately powers off.

:)

charlesfisher, Jan 27, 2022
  2. charlesfisher Win User

Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off.

Great job, that worked. My controllers and Xbox are working properly.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey charlesfisher, how are you today? Hope you're well.

charlesfisher, try this on your console:

1. Turn off your Xbox completely by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Unplug it from the wall, wait for 1 minute, and plug it back.

2. Press and hold the Sync and Eject buttons.

3. Press the power button, and keep holding the Sync and Eject buttons together.

4. Keep holding the Sync and Eject buttons, until the troubleshooting menu appears > when you're on the troubleshooting page, try to connect your controller.

5. Select the option "restore this xbox" and choose keep my games and apps.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers can't be turned into wired ones with a Play & Charge. This is because even when wired, 360 wireless controllers remain wireless. The cable only provides power, no data is sent.

This is also why they don't appear in game controllers but the generic controller does.

To use a wireless 360 controller on Windows requires a gaming receiver. And the receiver must be for 360 controllers, the official receiver for Xbox One/Series controllers won't work.
  5. RainingRoses Win User

how do you turn on xbox 360 wireless controller

Hi,

Powering on Xbox 360 controllers is the same as powering on a Xbox One controller - press the guide button until it flashes green. The guide button is silver on Xbox 360 controllers and white on Xbox One/Series X|S controllers.

Support guides for Xbox 360 controllers can all be found on the Xbox Support website (https://support.xbox.com) simply by typing ‘Xbox 360 controller’ into the search box, I’ll add them here though.

How to turn on/off your Xbox 360 console and wireless controller

And for wired controllers:

Connect a controller to your Xbox 360

More Xbox 360 controller guides:

Xbox 360 wired and wireless controllers

Set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects or can’t connect

How to replace the batteries in your Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

For help with a Xbox One/Series X|S controller (I understand you’re enquiring about Xbox 360, but I’ll also include the guides for Xbox One in case needed, and to help others):

Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to your console

Get to know your Xbox One Wireless Controller

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller

This applies to both Xbox One/Series X|S and Xbox 360 controllers:

If the controller light is flashing and doesn’t eventually turn to a solid colour, then this means something is preventing it from connecting/powering on (it’s possible it could be all these factors and reasons so be sure to consider this and verify everything):

1. You need to replace the batteries.

2. It’s out of range from your console - try moving closer.

3. It’s not synced to your specific console - try resyncing it referring to the guides above. The re-sync should be instant but can it take a few seconds.

4. The console is off (if the controller is synced to your console, then the power supply would be disconnected, as turning on the controller automatically turns on the console).

Sometimes the light is incorrectly flashing (indicating that it’s resyncing even when it isn’t), although if the controller is working okay, then you can ignore the blinking light - you may want to restart your console if this persists.

Hope this helps! :)
  6. ColoradoMade27 Win User

Controller won't sync to my xbox

Using a USB cable to connect-

Connect your controller using a micro-USB cable (included with all standard Xbox One wireless controllers and the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit). Standard alkaline batteries won’t be used to power the controller functions while you’re using your controller
    as a wired controller.

If you’re using an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 or Xbox Adaptive Controller, connect your controller using a USB-C cable (included with both controllers).

Depending on the type of controller you have, plug the micro-USB or USB-C cable into the power port on the back of the controller then plug the other end of the cable into your Xbox One. More details can be found
    here on connecting your wireless controller to Xbox consoles: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off. - Similar Threads - Series can't connect

2. Can't connect my xbox series X controller to windows pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect my xbox series X controller to windows pc: When I use the charge and play kit to connect my series X controller to my PC it vibrates so the USB, wire and controller all work but my controller only connects to my xbox and I can't control...
  3. Home-less: Just bought a Series X, and Can't Set it to Home (I've NEVER switched Home either)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home-less: Just bought a Series X, and Can't Set it to Home (I've NEVER switched Home either): Here is what I did: I made my old Xbox One not Home anymore from the "Devices" page on my account. I attempted to make my new Series X Home using the Personalization tab in Settings on my Xbox...
  4. I can't see the games on my Xbox one game console in Xbox series s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't see the games on my Xbox one game console in Xbox series s.: I cannot see the games I have purchased on my x box series s even though I am logged in with the same username. b8785cca-eacc-4929-bb77-294e88b0b474
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller can't connect via Bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller can't connect via Bluetooth on PC: My Xbox Elite Series 2 controller hasn't been able to connect to my PC through Bluetooth after updating the controller through Xbox Accessories (on xbox one). Anytime I go to connect it through...
  6. Series X can't/won't connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X can't/won't connect to wifi: I bought a Series X three weeks ago. For the first two weeks I could connect to my wifi without any issues. Now, and for the last three days, the Xbox either cannot see any wifi networks or, on...
  7. Can't use ethernet to connect Series X to the internet

in XboX Insiders
    Can't use ethernet to connect Series X to the internet: Hey everyone, for reasons I can't figure out, I can't seem to connect my Series X to the internet witha wired connection. This started when a storm came through my area and knocked out the power...
  8. Remote play on series X: iPhone connects, iPad can't.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play on series X: iPhone connects, iPad can't.: I'm at the end of my patience. My iphone (11 pro) connects to the beast with the snap of a finger, with elite series 2. My ipad pro, on the other hand... insists on throwing „found the console...
  9. Xbox series s can't connect to Hong Kong Microsoft store

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox series s can't connect to Hong Kong Microsoft store: when I open store and try to purchase game during the discount, everytime when I click the button to buy and it just show a screen and said that it had a problem, even through any game I face same...
  10. Xbox Series X can't connect to xbox live on the 360 emulation.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X can't connect to xbox live on the 360 emulation.: I hope that this is the right place to ask for help, I am lucky enough to have a new series x and xbox one/X/S optimised games and the online works perfectly but when I try to play an Xbox 360...