: Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver

Discus and support : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver I just got my Series X and am experiencing issues with the CEC functionality with my Yamaha v383... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by The Ghost Slug, Nov 11, 2020.

1. : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver

I just got my Series X and am experiencing issues with the CEC functionality with my Yamaha v383 receiver. The system will turn the receiver on and off just fine, but whenever it turns on the receiver the receiver does not acknowledge the Xbox at all. It's
    essentially muted. It seems like it's waiting for a signal from the Xbox or something before kicking on the speakers. I have to turn the receiver off and on again manually for it to acknowledge the Xbox and produce sound again. I've tried every combination
    of settings I could think of on both devices and I just can't get my receiver to turn on from Xbox CEC with sound enabled.

This has not been an issue with any other devices so maybe an Xbox thing? Anybody else having any similar issues?

:)

The Ghost Slug, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Anonymous340 Win User

3D not working for Halo CE

I'm having the same issue.

Samsung 46-inch 3D HDTV 7000 series.

Connecting Xbox via HDMI to a Yamaha receiver.

Same connection for my cable provider and my 3d blu-ray player. Everything works in 3D except Halo. :(
  3. x 0PTIMUS x Win User

Xbox 360 Slim & HDMI-CEC

Well thats a pity my Home theatre only supports HDMI passthrough when the connected product supports HDMI CEC Damn Pioneer should have got a Yamaha!
  4. Sudrin Win User

HDCP issues with Live TV only

Having this issue with a TiVo Premiere XL, Samsung TV and a Yamaha receiver.
  5. smoki ribbins Win User

Cannot get front center & sub to work through non HDMI Marantz SR7300SE ??

Same type of issue here. Yamaha HTR-5560 receiver (also not HDMI receiver). From the cable box (Comcast/Xfinity hi-def), to the Xbox One via HDMI, xbox one to Yamaha via digital optical, Xbox One to tv via HDMI, and with surround I get no center channel
    but I do get subwoofer. Running tv from the cable box directly to the receiver does give out full surround.
  6. Porsche986dad Win User

XBox One S wont recognize UHD capability

I was looking through the online manuals for both your Yamaha receiver and your Samsung TV, and I think I found the problem.

Your Yamaha RX-V575 does not support 4K@60Hz, according to the HDMI specs in
    this page of the RX-V575 manual
    . It is only compatible with 4K@24/25/30Hz, which seems to be why the Xbox is not properly displaying 4K while connected
    to the Yamaha receiver.

I suggest you plug the Xbox directly into the TV's HDMI port, and use an optical cable from the Xbox to the Yamaha receiver if you have a sound system set up.
    You nailed it. The Yamaha pass through was the issue. Hooked it up as you suggested and BAM! Apparently some Netflix content is broadcast in 4K at under 60hz, which I could receive and view. That led me to believe that all 4k content should be viewable.
    Not true obviously.. I was not getting anything in 4K@60Hz - which is a LOT I see. Yamaha users be advised......check your specs.
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver - Similar Threads - Series CEC Issue

2. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC issue: Hey everyone, I have an Xbox Media Remote, Series X, and Sonos Sound bar. On the new Series X, i now get a notofication to enable HDMI-CEC, but enabling it seems to create a double-signal...
  3. HDMI CEC doesn't turn on my TV after latest public update anymore (LG C9 + Series X)

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC doesn't turn on my TV after latest public update anymore (LG C9 + Series X): Is anyone else having this issue? It was working perfectly fine before but now Series X doesn't turn on my TV. It still turns it off when my console turns off. submitted by /u/AS_Empire [link]...
  4. Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha): TV: LG OLED77CX3 Amplifier: Yamaha RX-A2050 Xbox Series X is connected directly to TV HDMI input (for HDR and 120hz compatibility) and sound is routed via TV to the amplifier via HDMI ARC....
  5. Xbox Series X Issues - HDMI-CEC and always on Ext Storage

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Issues - HDMI-CEC and always on Ext Storage: Hi, new Xbox Series X owner. I had a Xbox 1X previously. Transferred settings and games over to new XSX over network. All settings were fine and worked on my 1X. Since transferring Some settings...
  6. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC NOT controlling UI

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC NOT controlling UI: My Sony TV, has HDMI-CEC like every modern TV, and I have it ENABLED on my Xbox Series X, my TV, my AVR, and it WORKS PERFECTLY on my PS4, my Raspberry pi 2 and 3, but NOT on my Xbox Series X,...
  7. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working: As the title states, volume control via HDMI-CEC isn’t working through the Series X to my Vizio P55-F1. I’ve tried changing HDMI ports and cables, but regardless of changes the behavior stays the...
  8. XBox Series X: HDMI-CEC, Unable to turn on/off other connected devices.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X: HDMI-CEC, Unable to turn on/off other connected devices.: Hello. I have not been able to find any helpful tips on what is going on, so checking forums. Any advise would be helpful. In previous XBox gens we were able to have the option for the XBox to...
  9. Series S HDMI CEC - changing multiple increments at a time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S HDMI CEC - changing multiple increments at a time: I have HDMI CEC set up and working with my series S and my insignia 4k tv. But when I change the volume, it changes 4-5 increments instead of one. I noticed a setting for this when using voice...
  10. : Xbox Series X HDMI CEC not turning on console when switching to it's source on TV

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox Series X HDMI CEC not turning on console when switching to it's source on TV: : Xbox Series X HDMI CEC not turning on console when switching to it's source on TV I'm having the same issue with my Series X...it worked just fine on the same TV using my Xbox One X....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x hdmi cec pioneer vsx