Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11.

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, As title suggest's my Xbox Series X Controller keep disconnecting from the PC when wired. I prefer to play wired as lower input lag. Have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PadraighGriffin1, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11.

Hi,

As title suggest's my Xbox Series X Controller keep disconnecting from the PC when wired. I prefer to play wired as lower input lag.

Have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions such as changing ports, updating firmware etc. Even bought a new controller and it has the same issue.

Anyone solve this. I have seen posts before but no firm solution.

Inexcusable that MS hardware isn't rock solid in it's own ecosystem.

:)

PadraighGriffin1, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Noel Hoekstra Win User

Xbox series X - AUDIO - USB vs 3.5mm headphones - Quality & Latency

I understand you about the xbox license.

I rather not want to have a wireless headset because I dont like charging and the battery life will decrease over time. So that leave me with two options:
    1. Wired, 3.5mm into the Xbox series x controller
    2. Wired, usb, into the Xbox series X

I checked the microsoft store and there are only 2 compatible series X headsets. Both wireles.

Do you know any wired Xbox series X headset? That is compatible with the series x? I prefer USB but have to go 3.5mm otherwise.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Do the Xbox Design Lab controllers work with Windows 11?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ASushiBowl, xbox design lab controls are the same model as the Windows 10 and 11 Compatible Series S/X.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/accessories/controll...

*Compatible with select devices and operating system versions; learn more at xbox.com/controller-compatibility. Battery life varies significantly with headsets, additional accessories, usage, and other factors. Testing conducted by Microsoft using standard AA batteries in preproduction units. Button mapping available via Xbox Accessories app for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10/11; app for Windows 10/11 requires compatible USB-C cable (sold separately).
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Connecting a xbox360 controller to a pc thru xbox360

No that is not possible to connect a controller to your PC through your console. You will need the Xbox 360 wireless USB receiver for windows or buy a pure wired USB xbox 360 controller (microsoft and 3rd party ones available and all will work).

The play and charge USB cable for xbox 360 controllers does not make a wireless controller wired as it only transfers power and not data.

You could buy an xbox one wireless controller that is newer and has bluetooth and connect it to your PC directly as seen on this page: :

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

You can also use an xbox one wireless controller of any type (with or without bluetooth) with a Micro USB cable on a PC as well. THAT wire does make the xbox one wireless controller act as a wired controller while connected via Micro USB.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

how can i connect the xbox 360 controller to windows 10

To connect a Xbox 360 wireless controller to your PC you need the Xbox 360 wireless controller adapter for Windows. https://bit.ly/3e2eUTF

To connect a Xbox 360 wired controller to your PC, just plug in the USB plug into the USB socket on your PC.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11.

1. Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11. - Similar Threads - Series Controller Disconnecting

2. Xbox Series X - Controller disconnects then network disconnects.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Controller disconnects then network disconnects.: Hello I am having an issue where I'll be playing a game on my Xbox Series X and after about 15 minutes my controller will lock up and disconnect and will not reconnect, then after about 5 minutes...
  3. Xbox Series S controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller disconnecting: I was playing my Series S Wednesday night and all of a sudden my controllers kept disconnecting every 10 to 15 minutes. I looked up every way to fix the problem but nothing seemed to work. I never...
  4. Controller disconnecting Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting Xbox series x: Hi, I've been playing halo infinite and my controller keeps disconnecting while I'm playing. This is extremely frustrating! I have 2 controllers and both controllers are doing it. Is anyone else...
  5. Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on: Whenever I play a game after a few minutes the controller fully disconnects like I can't control my xbox series s at all but the light on the controller doesn't start flashing it just stays solid....
  6. Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects: After not playing my Xbox for a while I fully updated my Xbox one after connecting to my internet . Everything is all good and swell using my regular battery controller . The problem begins when...
  7. Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects: After not playing my Xbox for a while I fully updated my Xbox one after connecting to my internet . Everything is all good and swell using my regular battery controller *update this even happens...
  8. My XBOX SERIES S controller is disconnecting with some games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX SERIES S controller is disconnecting with some games: My controller is disconnecting constantly with some games. Controller is updated. I bought pack console with controller last week. Please help me!! Thanks 94228d4c-7df1-4ec0-9ae7-46950e147d14
  9. DISCONNECTED CONTROLLER X BOX SERIE X WITH BATTERY END CABLE

in XBoX on Consoles
    DISCONNECTED CONTROLLER X BOX SERIE X WITH BATTERY END CABLE: Hi, I am writing for a disconnection problem with the controller x box x series is updated in December 2021 it disconnects constantly and THE STRANGE THING IS THAT I ALSO DO IT AFTER I TAKEN THE...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controllers disconnects when R Analog is hardly pressed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controllers disconnects when R Analog is hardly pressed: Dear All I just a bought a new XBOX Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller, which overall works fine on my XBOX Series X. But I noticed a very strange issue where the controller suddenly disconnects...