Xbox series x controller disconnecting

Discus and support Xbox series x controller disconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i am playing on my series x, my series x controller will stop working. The xbox button is still lit, i can hear it off my headset, but cant press... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hannah.b, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Hannah.b
    Hannah.b Guest

When i am playing on my series x, my series x controller will stop working. The xbox button is still lit, i can hear it off my headset, but cant press any buttons. I have to take batteries out and put them back in for it to work. This is happening quite often. My xbox one controller has had no disconnecting issues on my series x so far. I have tried literally everything to try and fix this issue, talked to MULTIPLE xbox support agents, scoured reddit and forums and nothing has fixed it. My husband got an xbox at the same time as me and has had no issue. The only difference between me and him, is he is on a 1080p 144hz(not sure exact number) monitor and I just got a 1440p 144hz monitor. Tonight we switched monitors. I used my xbox and controller on his monitor and he used his xbox and controller on my monitor. I had no issues while playing on his monitor while his controller on my monitor kept disconnecting while playing Cod: vangaurd. We have many friends who have series x and none of them have this issue. They also have 1080p monitors. So I'm curious what the specs of other people's monitors are that are having this issue? I'm also curious if it could even be possible that the monitor is the issue? We will be testing it more but this is the best I've got so far.

:)

Hannah.b, Dec 15, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I've bought a xbox pc controller but it does not work properly.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

Is your Xbox 360 or Xbox One/Series S/X controller? Currently, your controller does not turn on at all even disconnected from your PC?
  3. bpipal Win User

Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently

This did not work, I also noticed that if I shut off the XBOX One X it disconnects this controller and I have to reconnect it on startup. This does not happen with my other controllers just the Elite series 2 one.. I'll request a replacement
  4. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Did the xbox series controller works on xbox one fat?

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Also the Xbox One controllers work on the new Series consoles.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

compatibilidad de controles xbox series con xbox one FAT?

Hi,

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Xbox One controllers also work on the new Series consoles.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x controller disconnecting - Similar Threads - series controller disconnecting

2. Xbox Series S controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller disconnecting: I was playing my Series S Wednesday night and all of a sudden my controllers kept disconnecting every 10 to 15 minutes. I looked up every way to fix the problem but nothing seemed to work. I never...
  3. Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11.: Hi, As title suggest's my Xbox Series X Controller keep disconnecting from the PC when wired. I prefer to play wired as lower input lag. Have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions such as...
  4. Controller disconnecting Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting Xbox series x: Hi, I've been playing halo infinite and my controller keeps disconnecting while I'm playing. This is extremely frustrating! I have 2 controllers and both controllers are doing it. Is anyone else...
  5. Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on: Whenever I play a game after a few minutes the controller fully disconnects like I can't control my xbox series s at all but the light on the controller doesn't start flashing it just stays solid....
  6. Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects: After not playing my Xbox for a while I fully updated my Xbox one after connecting to my internet . Everything is all good and swell using my regular battery controller . The problem begins when...
  7. Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects: After not playing my Xbox for a while I fully updated my Xbox one after connecting to my internet . Everything is all good and swell using my regular battery controller *update this even happens...
  8. My XBOX SERIES S controller is disconnecting with some games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX SERIES S controller is disconnecting with some games: My controller is disconnecting constantly with some games. Controller is updated. I bought pack console with controller last week. Please help me!! Thanks 94228d4c-7df1-4ec0-9ae7-46950e147d14
  9. DISCONNECTED CONTROLLER X BOX SERIE X WITH BATTERY END CABLE

in XBoX on Consoles
    DISCONNECTED CONTROLLER X BOX SERIE X WITH BATTERY END CABLE: Hi, I am writing for a disconnection problem with the controller x box x series is updated in December 2021 it disconnects constantly and THE STRANGE THING IS THAT I ALSO DO IT AFTER I TAKEN THE...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controllers disconnects when R Analog is hardly pressed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controllers disconnects when R Analog is hardly pressed: Dear All I just a bought a new XBOX Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller, which overall works fine on my XBOX Series X. But I noticed a very strange issue where the controller suddenly disconnects...