Xbox Series X controller disconnection, specific

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller disconnection, specific in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I’m having controller connection problems with my Xbox Series X console. I know the known issues post lists controller connection problems, but it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by THOMAS 15O, Mar 2, 2021.

1. THOMAS 15O
    THOMAS 15O Guest

Hi, I’m having controller connection problems with my Xbox Series X console. I know the known issues post lists controller connection problems, but it didn’t seem to specifically match my problems.

Sometimes (not every time) when my controller turns off, usually while I’m changing the batteries, the Xbox console can no longer connect with that controller. I know it’s the console having the problem and not the controller because after it disconnects, none of my other controllers can connect to the Xbox either. The only way to fix it is to reset the console, I’ve tried everything else I can think of. Trying to resync with the sync buttons does nothing. My controllers and console are up to date.

This problem effectively turns the “controller batteries are low” notification into “console must reset soon”, it’s a nightmare for certain games.

Is this a known issue? Is there any fix that I missed that doesn’t interupt the game through resetting the console? Thanks

:)

THOMAS 15O, Mar 2, 2021
  2. carlossanchez1824 Win User

I have the same issue! Most of the times it happens when my headsets disconnects because of dead battery and I plug in a cord from controller to headset. It’ll cause my console to lose connection to both my controllers.
  3. bpipal Win User

Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently

This did not work, I also noticed that if I shut off the XBOX One X it disconnects this controller and I have to reconnect it on startup. This does not happen with my other controllers just the Elite series 2 one.. I'll request a replacement
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

compatibilidad de controles xbox series con xbox one FAT?

Hi,

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Xbox One controllers also work on the new Series consoles.
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X controller disconnection, specific - Similar Threads - Series controller disconnection

2. Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...: Hello I got my xbox around January and from early on I have been intermittently experiencing this issue: 1.Will load a game (mostly play warzone) 2. Screen will start flickering 3. Controller...
  3. Xbox series x controller disconnects every few minutes

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x controller disconnects every few minutes: I ordered an Xbox series x controller a bit ago to use on my pc but never got around to using it that much because the controller disconnects every few minutes or so, I've never timed so I'm not...
  4. Xbox Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC when playing, even when connected...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC when playing, even when connected...: Hello Everyone, could somebody help us with this issue because it is extremely frustrating how the controller keeps disconnecting? I have done all the updates via the cable and have been forced to...
  5. xbox series x controller disconnecting pc

in XboX Insiders
    xbox series x controller disconnecting pc: Hello, I bought this controller on launch for PC, im very happy with it, but in some games (ReCore, Kingdom Hearts 3 its unplayable and a few more),the controlle keeps disconneting and conecting....
  6. Xbox Series X (Maybe One/One X too) stops recording when controller disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X (Maybe One/One X too) stops recording when controller disconnects: Exactly as the title says, yesterday alone my xbox series x controller disconnected 4 times in the span of an hour and a half. Each time, I was trying to record gameplay to use in the future, the...
  7. xbox series x controller disconnecting pc

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox series x controller disconnecting pc: Hello, I bought this controller on launch for PC, im very happy with it, but in some games, keeps disconneting and conecting (Kingdom Heats 3, ReCore, Death Stranding and a few more i dont...
  8. Xbox Series X/S controller disconnecting.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S controller disconnecting.: A few days ago I bought a new Xbox controller (the series X/S one) as my old Xbox One controller broke. Anyway I am finding my new one is disconnecting quite randomly and I read that there is...
  9. Elite Controller Series 2 disconnecting issue

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Controller Series 2 disconnecting issue: I’ve had my elite controller series 2 since I pre ordered it (I don’t remember exactly when that was). I’ve been having an issue since late last October where the controller straight up...
  10. How to Fix the Controller Disconnection Bug on Your Xbox Series X/S

in XboX Insiders
    How to Fix the Controller Disconnection Bug on Your Xbox Series X/S: [IMG] submitted by /u/sportifynews [link] [comments]