Xbox Series X controller freeze when the headset is plugged in

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller freeze when the headset is plugged in in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; There seems to be an issue when plugging the headset into the controller. controller freezes during gameplay. But when unplugging the headset, the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/RepresentativeMove77, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X controller freeze when the headset is plugged in

There seems to be an issue when plugging the headset into the controller. controller freezes during gameplay. But when unplugging the headset, the controller recover functionality. This never happened with the Xbox one x, it only happened to Xbox series X. The controller also is up to date and nothing wrong with it.

submitted by /u/RepresentativeMove77
    [link] [comments]

/u/RepresentativeMove77, Jun 17, 2022
  2. SammyVS Win User

Connecting headset

The headset should work on an Xbox One controller and Xbox Series S/X controllers.

Turn off the controller by holding the Xbox button on the controller until the controller turns off and unplug the headset.

On your console press and hold the Xbox console button until the console turns off, remove the power cord from the console, and wait 1 minute.

Plug the power cord into your console again, turn on the console with your controller, and when you see your console's dashboard connect the headset to the controller and see if that solves the problem.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Xbox Series X controller freezes on PC

I think it's an issue with the new controllers for some reason. My Series X controller will freeze once a week or so (always when I'm in the middle of a race unsurprisingly!!)....I'll be driving and my car will suddenly just veer off the road and then be constantly accelerating. Only resets when I remove the battery from it. This is on the Series X so may not be the same of course.

Having said that, it has only happened with the Plug and Play Battery...never happened with normal rechargeables.
  4. PhysEdFuel Win User

Trying to get digital assistant to work but screen shows mic is turned off do I need a headset or is there one built in

Unfortunately, there is no built-in mic on the Xbox Series X and no bluetooth support if you're thinking to go that route.

You will need to attach a headset with a mic to the Xbox Series X controller. The Xbox Series X controller uses a standard 2.5mm audio connection for Xbox Live, you can use any standard headset. (It does not have to be something fancy or expensive.)

I hope this helps. Merry Christmas to all!
  5. Cstuart(2) Win User

[XBOX ONE] Headset adapter constantly freezes controller and doesn't recognize headsets

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately the firmware on my controller is updated. As I mentioned this didn't even start happening until after that I updated the controller.

The issue still happens every time I plug in the headset adapter. I'm still narrowing down the exact cause, but it seems if I join a party or start a game prior to attaching the adapter the controller will freeze when I do attach it and then the system has
    to be hard restarted for me to be able to use the controller again. Sometimes it will freeze if I unplug the headset from the adapter and plug it back in. This happens with multiple headsets (Astro A40s and an Xbox 360 headset).
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Does Series X support USB headset?

Thema:

Xbox Series X controller freeze when the headset is plugged in

1. Xbox Series X controller freeze when the headset is plugged in - Similar Threads - Series controller freeze

2. Xbox Series X|S Controller randomly freezes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S Controller randomly freezes: I have been having this problem since around June 1st. My Xbox Series X|S controller randomly freezes its inputs for 3 seconds then returns to normal. It can occur once every 5 minutes or once...
  3. Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port...: Hi just want to report a bug I've found with controllers constantly losing connection or freezing whenever playing on the console with a headset plugged into the AUX port. I was told this is...
  4. Series X/S controller freeze occ. with headset pluged in

in XboX Insiders
    Series X/S controller freeze occ. with headset pluged in: My Xbox Series S Controller freezes from time to time when I play Fortnite Duo/Trio/Team with friends and having my Razer Kraken Headset pluged in to the Series S Controller. Then I have to remove...
  5. Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on: Whenever I play a game after a few minutes the controller fully disconnects like I can't control my xbox series s at all but the light on the controller doesn't start flashing it just stays solid....
  6. Series X/S Controller freezing whilst still having power

in XboX Insiders
    Series X/S Controller freezing whilst still having power: I was on forza horizon 5, I joined a race then my controller just became unresponsive, no button worked, I’d looked to see if anybody was having this issue and apparently people was having this...
  7. Xbox series x and xbonex controllers freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x and xbonex controllers freezing: hello, When i turn on either of these two controllers the light will show the controllers as connected but non of the buttons work if you hold the home buttons down for a minute the controllers...
  8. Series X controller freezes since August update v 5.11.3118.0 with no soultion

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controller freezes since August update v 5.11.3118.0 with no soultion: Xbox series X controller freezes and is not responding always while headset is connected to the controller only. This is going on since last controller update on August 2021 version 5.11.3118.0....
  9. Xbox Series X controller freezes on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller freezes on PC: My new (owned for 2 days) Xbox Aqua Shift controller randomly freezes while playing. All buttons become unresponsive, even the power button. Have to reset the controller by taking out the...
  10. Series X Wireless controller freezes with light on after August update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Wireless controller freezes with light on after August update: Series X Wireless controller freezes with light on while I am in party. Suddenly I can hear the other person but he could not hear me and I cant use the controller at all. I had to pull the...