Xbox Series X Controller Hard Disconnects

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller Hard Disconnects in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; TLDR: New XboxSeries X disconnects controllers even though it is up to date, I have to pull the plug and hard reset to fix, does warranty cover and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GoodThumb, Feb 19, 2021.

1. GoodThumb
    GoodThumb Guest

TLDR: New XboxSeries X disconnects controllers even though it is up to date, I have to pull the plug and hard reset to fix, does warranty cover and does anyone else have this problem?

INTRODUCTION: Hey guys, I bought an Xbox Series X from a friend, brand new btw, he's trusted(Needs to be for exchange or return since it was bought on his account). Been loving it for close to 2 1/2 months not far from release, super fast(true), steady frames for 4K gaming(true), Overall next generation and smooth to me(true). Except since about week 3, I noticed a very very annoying problem that happens at random and consistent under the right circumstance. I want to know if theres a fix or if it needs repair or exchange, also if anyone else is going through it what did you do to solve it?

PROBLEM: The problem is connectivity issues within the xbox for my remotes. This was first noticed at random during a CoD: Warzone game at the worst time of course, the controller randomly disconnected (No stress, No hits, or Throws) just disconnected and literally would not connect. Changed Rechargeable battery, still didn't connect, Plugged USB-C directly from xbox to controller didn't fix, even as far as using my older generation controller to try and connect yet it wouldn't. *THIS IS GOOD INFORMATION BECAUSE I KNOW ITS NOT THE REMOTES* I have to super hard reset by pulling the power plug from the back of the xbox and plugging back in. Only then will it reconnect. Earlier I mentioned that there was 2 ways this happened, randomly and not. This happens consistently when I leave my xbox controller on, and the xbox, so that it fades to the screensaver notification screen (Like when it tells you a friend is on or you got an invite on the right side of your screensaver). When this happens I again have to pull the plug and and start up for it to connect.

ATTEMPTED FIXES:

-I've tried to hard reset the console already, doesn't do anything.

-I've cleared the cache, doesn't do anything.

-I've reset back to factory settings once already, does nothing.

-Of course I also checked for all updates for consoles and controllers, everything is up to date so it does nothing.

At this point I believe I have a defective console, does warranty cover this and how do I go about it, thank you for your time!

:)

GoodThumb, Feb 19, 2021
  2. nirhakmon Win User

I has the same problem,

I have a question for you, do you play with some AUX cable connecting to the controller with external speakers?

Because when I’ve been connected with some speaker to the controller it was disconnected, when I plug it off, stop disconnections.

MY SOLUTION:

When I Play with USB-C and the aux cable as well, It WON’T discconect,

The problem is only when I play Without usb-c cable, probably because it’s can’t use so much power only with the batteries while the speakers are connect into the controller.
  3. Shagaboopon Win User

Xbox Series X syncing issue!

I also have this issue with an elite series 1 controller. When it happens though the original series x controller will not pair either until a hard reset.
  4. bpipal Win User

Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently

This did not work, I also noticed that if I shut off the XBOX One X it disconnects this controller and I have to reconnect it on startup. This does not happen with my other controllers just the Elite series 2 one.. I'll request a replacement
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller Hard Disconnects - Similar Threads - Series Controller Hard

2. While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...

in XBoX on Mobile
    While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...: While playing Call of Duty Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected with a bluetooth headset at the same time. It works fine if I used a wired headset. The PS5...
  3. How to know if Im having a official xbox series x/s controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to know if Im having a official xbox series x/s controller: Aside from the box what are the other ways to tell. I just bought a controller, pulse red, and wanted to make sure if it is legit and official. Others tell that having a "Hello from Seattle"...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller not working with SOME PC games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller not working with SOME PC games: I can't seem to figure this one out... My Elite Series 2 controller works on some PC games and not on others that it was working on before. The games that it works with are Cyberpunk and Deep...
  5. Xbox Series X Random shutdowns & Random controller freezes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random shutdowns & Random controller freezes: Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues, as the subject line says, every once in a while the system will become unresponsive and shut itself down... This has happened to...
  6. New Xbox Series X controller drifting!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series X controller drifting!!!!: This is very upsetting!!!! 3 1/2 month old controller already drifting. eaa682e6-a82f-4067-8ddc-e0855d72ea6e
  7. Xbox Series X controller dosen't reconnect after battery dies

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller dosen't reconnect after battery dies: Has anybody experienced this? Before i get started yes all firmwares are up to date, I'm having a problem with the new series x controller not reconnecting to the Xbox Series X after the battery...
  8. Xbox Series X controller disconnection, specific

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller disconnection, specific: Hi, I’m having controller connection problems with my Xbox Series X console. I know the known issues post lists controller connection problems, but it didn’t seem to specifically match my...
  9. Controller / Headphones Disconnect and requires hard reset on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller / Headphones Disconnect and requires hard reset on Series X: I have a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X where the controller (and steelseries headphones, if connected) will disconnect and cannot be re-paired with the Xbox without a hard reboot of the...
  10. Xbox Series X Disconnecting all or one controller until hard reset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Disconnecting all or one controller until hard reset: Yesterday, my controllers has been having issues syncing. Let's say your in a party with 6 - 10 people playing a competitive game such as call of duty. Suddenly your controller (Rechargeable)...