Xbox Series X controller has wrong mapping through bluetooth.

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller has wrong mapping through bluetooth. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just recently bought an Xbox Series X (Core) controller and updated the firmware, but I'm running into an issue where in several games, while the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/NixAeternus, May 22, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X controller has wrong mapping through bluetooth.

I just recently bought an Xbox Series X (Core) controller and updated the firmware, but I'm running into an issue where in several games, while the controller is connected through bluetooth, the button mapping is completely wrong. The X button becomes the A button, the Y button becomes the B button, right stick doesnt work and is instead mapped to the triggers, the menu buttons are the triggers, etc etc.

I cant really tell whats happening as far as while its connected with bluetooth, but while plugged in with the USB-C cable it looks like windows is seeing it as an Xbox One controller. FFXIV's controller menu shows as much, and over bluetooth it changes to "bluetooth LE xinput device." It almost makes me think that the issue is the affected games have better compatibility with Xbox One controller drivers, and that it cant make sense of whatever the bluetooth drivers are.

At any rate any advice would be appreciated as google searches only turn up a lot of people having the same problem as far back as 2020 and zero solutions.

submitted by /u/NixAeternus
    [link] [comments]

/u/NixAeternus, May 22, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  3. DarkrPhi Win User

[Solved] Compatibility between Xbox One and Xbox serie S/X controller

It works but you wont have the full haptic feedback options that come with series x games

But yes all series x controllers and one controllers thqt are bluetooth
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
  5. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

You can try to get the controller replaced if you have other controllers. If the controller is able to connect to your phone through Bluetooth, then it most likely isn't the controller that has an issue. You can get the Series X fixed by Microsoft, and the entire repair process takes around 14 to 21 days after you ship it to Microsoft.
  6. PhysEdFuel Win User

Trying to get digital assistant to work but screen shows mic is turned off do I need a headset or is there one built in

Unfortunately, there is no built-in mic on the Xbox Series X and no bluetooth support if you're thinking to go that route.

You will need to attach a headset with a mic to the Xbox Series X controller. The Xbox Series X controller uses a standard 2.5mm audio connection for Xbox Live, you can use any standard headset. (It does not have to be something fancy or expensive.)

I hope this helps. Merry Christmas to all!
Thema:

Xbox Series X controller has wrong mapping through bluetooth.

1. Xbox Series X controller has wrong mapping through bluetooth. - Similar Threads - Series controller has

2. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 has problems after very little use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 has problems after very little use: Hi all, This is my first time really posting on this forum so apologies for any formatting issues. I bought a Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 back November. Yet since then, due to college and...
  3. Series x controller has controller drift

in XboX Insiders
    Series x controller has controller drift: I own two series x controllers and they have bolth controller drift i have owned the first for about 7 months and the second one for two months I have the second one because I claimed the warranty...
  4. Series X controller has stiff trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controller has stiff trigger: I recently got the 20th anniversary controller for the Series X and for a few weeks it worked perfectly fine. Now whenever I put batteries in it, the left trigger gets really stiff and squeaks a...
  5. XBox Series X Controller Less than 1 year old has significant Drift - What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Controller Less than 1 year old has significant Drift - What can I do?: I invested about $65.00 for a shock blue XBox Series X controller to use with my PC in January 2021. I purchased it from the XBox store along with a Controller Gear Universal Pro Charging Stand....
  6. What can i do if my xbox elite series 2 controller has factory problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What can i do if my xbox elite series 2 controller has factory problems?: Where can i send it? would you change me the one i have for a new one? d671c312-5d8e-4419-b594-b4e4ab46357f
  7. Elite Series 2 Controller has unresponsive face buttons (ABXY)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller has unresponsive face buttons (ABXY): Hello, today I got my Elite 2 controller delivered to me and I immediately noticed that the face buttons (ABXY) do not always register when pressing them down, much like in this...
  8. XBox Series X: Controller syncing to console has unexpectedly gone completely unresponsive,...

in XboX Insiders
    XBox Series X: Controller syncing to console has unexpectedly gone completely unresponsive,...: I have seen a number of posts of similar nature however what is unique here is the sync button itself works (to get to Bios) but not the blinking or ability to sync any devices. I suspect a...
  9. Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box: I received a Series S/X Electric Volt controller as a gift back in July from my partner as a birthday present and I was reluctant to use it because of how bad the Xbox One controllers have been...
  10. Elite series 2 controller on pc has bad input lag

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite series 2 controller on pc has bad input lag: I have tried every updating the polling rate and installing drivers, i olay warzone i even tired a changing the priority of the game beacuse someone said it might work that didnt either. Why does...