Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting in PC Games?!

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting in PC Games?! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I've had a Series X controller (WIRELESS CONTROLLER BUT USING A USB CABLE) now for a good 6-8(?) months and had no issues. Last week it randomly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Littlepace50, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Littlepace50
    Littlepace50 Guest

So I've had a Series X controller (WIRELESS CONTROLLER BUT USING A USB CABLE) now for a good 6-8(?) months and had no issues. Last week it randomly started cutting out whilst in game (F1/Rocket league) and I would have to unplug and replug the usb cable to get it to work again, although this fix would only last 5-10 minutes. I changed USB cable and changed USB port. No fix. So i reinstalled drivers and still no luck. So I thought the controller was borked and decided to get a new one. But it's still happening. Sometimes it will stop working and the light will stay on and other times the light will start flashing (as if trying to sync?) It's like my PC just stops recognising the controller for some reason.

Another thing to mention is that when I tab out of games after the controller disconnects my PC is eternally stuck scrolling through stuff (or holding tab?) For example if i try and open a drop down menu it will just either scroll through repeatedly or scroll straight to the bottom. If i reconnect the controller it doesn't fix the issue and i have to restart my PC to fix it. Even if i unplug the controller it still keeps scrolling. I'm assuming the issue is connected.

So to conclude I've reinstalled Drivers. Updated Windows. Changed the USB cable and USB port. Bought a new controller. Issue still persists. I've looked all over the internet but the only people who have had similar problems were having issues with the Blutooth and it worked fine over USB. I'm not using Blutooth so the advice doesnt apply to me.

Would really appreciate any help as I really need a stable controller for Competitive RL. Thanks!

:)

Littlepace50, Nov 27, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I've bought a xbox pc controller but it does not work properly.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

Is your Xbox 360 or Xbox One/Series S/X controller? Currently, your controller does not turn on at all even disconnected from your PC?
  3. Luke_917 Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting, I did not know that it was "wirelessly" connected while connected to a USB C Data Cord. As soon as I unplug, it stays disconnected (in sync mode the controller also keeps blinking then turns off). If this is right I don't know why I also can't sync any of my other Xbox controllers to the series X unless connected with a cord (works on an One X controller also, stops when unplugged). I don't know why the sync button (blinking) stopped operating all together.

I replaced my batteries and tried to pull and place back in earlier with no luck. I also updated the controller as I set up as new.

The interesting thing is I am able to use the series X controller perfectly on PC wirelessly with windows 10/Xbox PC adapter. I have no problems on PC wireless.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  5. XxScrufyNinjaxX Win User

Ive had this issue before. one way that this issue might be caused is the batteries in the controller are low, even if its wired it still causes this issue.

As for the endlessly scrolling issue this can be many things, one of these this is that you may have an application installed that is controlling your peripherals if so i would recomend you uninstall this program,

if this is not the case go to setting click "Update & Security" go to "Recovery" and click reset this PC
  6. motavia_x Win User

Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting

Yes. It took a couple of hard restarts, but it eventually re-synced (before eventually disconnecting again).
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting in PC Games?! - Similar Threads - Series Controller Keeps

2. Xbox Series X controller keeps vibrating randomly even when turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller keeps vibrating randomly even when turned off: One of my Xbox Series X controllers, which is relatively new, keeps randomly vibrating. Even when it's supposed to be turned off. At first it only did it a couple of times every few minutes, and...
  3. Controller Elite Series 2 Keeps Turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Elite Series 2 Keeps Turning off: I don't know if there is something I can do with it, but every time I connect the controller to the cable and I'm using it at the same time it just turns off again and again, it only happens when...
  4. My series x keeps disconnecting my controller and external storage device

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x keeps disconnecting my controller and external storage device: My series x is constantly disconnecting my external hard drive kicking me out of any game I am playing which is very frustrating. My Xbox one and one x never had this issue with my device so I'm...
  5. X Box Series S Picture keeps breaking up and Controller disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series S Picture keeps breaking up and Controller disconnects: I only recently in the last week got an X box S. I set it up and all seemed ok. However within a couple of days I noticed a real lag on Forza Horizon 4. I have a fast internet connection (and a X...
  6. Xbox Series controller keeps scrolling to the right in Xcloud browser app and doesn't...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series controller keeps scrolling to the right in Xcloud browser app and doesn't...: Hi there, while trying to play on Xcloud in browser app, both in Chrome and Edge, the Xbox Series controller I have connected keeps scrolling to the right while browsing the Xcloud menu, and once...
  7. Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting: I’ve followed all the steps outlined on the site, and none of them work. This never happened until upgrading the system software a few days ago. Now it won’t connect back AT ALL....
  8. series x controller keeps disconnecting which then causes the wifi to disconnect or the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    series x controller keeps disconnecting which then causes the wifi to disconnect or the...: Finally took the plunge and upgraded to the series X and had nothing but issues with it. The controller often disconnects within minutes of starting a game, the screen flickers at the same time...
  9. While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...

in XBoX on Mobile
    While playing COD Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected...: While playing Call of Duty Mobile the Elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when connected with a bluetooth headset at the same time. It works fine if I used a wired headset. The PS5...
  10. Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting with Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting with Xbox Series X: Xbox Series X Xbox Elite 2 Controller Steel Series Arctis 9x Elite 2 Controller keeps disconnecting randomly at least once per day, I can‘t seem to work out whats triggering it - somtimes...