Xbox series X controller menu button not working and double input.

Discus and support Xbox series X controller menu button not working and double input. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a white series x controller in November for my Xbox One X and I haven't had any issues. However, seemingly out of nowhere while playing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IsaacEru, Jun 21, 2021.

1. IsaacEru
    IsaacEru Guest

I bought a white series x controller in November for my Xbox One X and I haven't had any issues. However, seemingly out of nowhere while playing Wolfenstein 2 I noticed that I could not pause the game with the menu button. After pressing the home button I noticed when I pressed the d-pad once it would perform two inputs at once as if I had rapidly pressed the same direction twice. All of the buttons and bumpers seem to be doing this including the thumbsticks. (The right stick is not used for navigation so I can't really tell.)

I have followed the troubleshooting guide, updated the controller while plugged into the console, and restarted the console.

I have not damaged my controller in any way and I've not experienced something like this before. I'm hoping I can find a solution without having to pay for a replacement.

:)

IsaacEru, Jun 21, 2021
  2. jrw6502 Win User

XBox One controller eating/masking inputs?

I'm pretty sure at this point the issues with the A button is a hardware failure, as the controller frequently just doesn't register an input when the button is pressed. This is really visible when you have to press two buttons at once, such as A and X,
    to perform two independent actions simultaneously, and only the X input does anything. It might take several presses before the A button does anything.

Regardless of what the issue really was, I can't test anything further until I get a new controller, as this one is definitely broken. The hinge on the right trigger broke (doesn't prevent use, just makes it feel gritty), I'm having issues with the A button
    as described above, the d-pad is registering double/triple inputs (makes menu item selection quite the chore, especially when the software developers make the menu reset to the start when accidentally navigating to a different menu), and the USB port won't
    hold the cable anymore.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
  4. maxen Win User

Xbox One freezes when joining party chat

Either double-tap the Xbox Home button (glowing white button with an X) and it will close, or press B repeatedly or press right on the d-pad (the cross on the controller) until the menu closes.

Let us know how you get on.
  5. NxtDoc1851 Win User

Snapcenter - death of "Xbox record that?"

The basis for his idea is that on the Xbox 360 there was no double tap to go anywhere, you pushed the button for the guide menu (Snap Menu now) and when the menu was up you pushed Y to go to the dashboard.

Currently on the Xbox One you can do this with the X button to record a clip, but there is nothing for the Y button.

Simple take away the double tap feature (which only works 75% of the time for me) and make it so if you want to go home you push Xbox Button then push Y.

Credit idea to Zavistic
  6. matthewiag Win User

Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues

I have been lucky with my controllers my Series 2 is working fine currently.

My friend bought a Xbox Creator Lab Controller for Christmas and the Window and Menu Button were not working.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X controller menu button not working and double input. - Similar Threads - series controller menu

2. Series S controller only works with party chat and no game/system audio can be heard.

in XboX Insiders
    Series S controller only works with party chat and no game/system audio can be heard.: Basically, I’m having an issue where when headphones are connected to my Controller, I can’t hear game/system audio but I have no problem talking to my friends. I don’t know what to try as I tried...
  3. Xbox elite controller series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2: My controllers bottom right paddle has recently stopped working every time I assign a button to hit the paddle doesn’t respond I’ve tried everything I don’t know what to do....
  4. XBOX One recent update no wireless controllers stay connected, even tried new XBOX Series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One recent update no wireless controllers stay connected, even tried new XBOX Series X...: In the last month a recent update has made all my controllers unusable, the only way they stay connected is via USB lead and when pairing wirelessly they work for a small few clicks and then stop....
  5. XBOX elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX elite series 2 controller: my elite series 2 controller for some reason the RB bumper is not detecting some inputs unless I put my finger in a very specific spot. 9c998c4f-bdc6-4991-a236-9dd714c8b444
  6. Windows 10 Xbox Series X Controller Disconnects Mid-Game

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox Series X Controller Disconnects Mid-Game: Ever since a recent Windows update, I have noticed that my Series X controller I use play some games on PC with (Rocket League, Halo, etc), will disconnect while mid-game or in gameplay at random....
  7. Random 10 second controller disconnects Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random 10 second controller disconnects Series X: Still haven’t found a solution to this problem, started about 2 weeks ago, controller will just stop responding, disconnects and reconnects itself automatically after about 10 seconds. The lights...
  8. New Xbox Series X controller on PC bug: FIFA 21 Menu Pressing Random Buttons

in XBoX on Windows
    New Xbox Series X controller on PC bug: FIFA 21 Menu Pressing Random Buttons: I have just purchased a brand new official Xbox Series X controller for my PC. I have installed it and it works perfectly fine with most of my games, except for FIFA 21. When in the Menu section...
  9. xbox elite controller series 2 keeps forcing the menu upwards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox elite controller series 2 keeps forcing the menu upwards: i have an elite controller that doesnt work anymore because it keeps forcing the menu upwards and i cant stop it, i tried EVERYTHING including doing a factory reset on my xbox with it attached...
  10. New Series X controller disconnect when idle at pause menu Doom Eternal

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Series X controller disconnect when idle at pause menu Doom Eternal: Brand new Series X controller works fine during gameplay, but on any pause menu or cutscenes (Doom Eternal), the controller quickly disconnects and reconnects, saying "Please reconnect the...