Xbox Series X controller not charging while off with battery pack

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller not charging while off with battery pack in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; What is the correct way to use the Xbox Series controller battery pack? It's not charging when the controller is off, is there a way to charge it with... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ph00p, Jan 11, 2021 at 11:52 PM.

1. /u/ph00p
    /u/ph00p Guest

What is the correct way to use the Xbox Series controller battery pack? It's not charging when the controller is off, is there a way to charge it with the Xbox off?

I haven't been able to find good information on this.

submitted by /u/ph00p
    [link] [comments]

2. RandyAU93 Win User

Will the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit be compatible with the Xbox Series X?

Xbox One accessories and peripherals will be compatible with Xbox Series X. As to whether the rechargeable battery packs are compatible with an Xbox Series X controller, that has not yet been revealed at this time, to my knowledge. However, the new controller
    will use USB-C for its charging port instead of the Play & Charge Kit's Micro-USB plug.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X Controller questions

Hi,

1. It will work wired and wireless. You can only charge the battery while being wired if you have a battery pack installed. Regular AA re-chargeable batteries can not be charged during play. The official Xbox One X/S battery pack will be released November
      10, same as the console. As far as I know the controller does not come with a USB C cable, unless you are also purchasing an Xbox Series X/S console (cable is in the box). Yes, your PC will be able to charge/power an Xbox Series X controller.
    2. Yes, once they run out you'll need to charge the battery. If you need to do this externally (AA batteries), you can connect the controller via USB and power the controller via the cable with no batteries installed. An official Microsoft fully charged battery
      is rated for around 30 hours. Re-chargeable AA batteries will vary.
    3. Yes. You can use a Bluetooth USB dongle if your PC does not have BT built into the motherboard.
    4. No. Windows 10 will already contain the necessary software to run your controller. There is an Xbox optional Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 available that uses its own wireless protocol and will allow some extra functionality such as headsets, chatpads,
      and the Xbox Stereo Adapter.
  4. Dave Eckert Win User

chargers

Well here's what I'm doing. I don't suspect I'll need a 2nd controller for a while, so I simply reserved, payed off the Play and Charge kit by itself, which does come with the battery pack. Again, as others have stated too,
    there's the controller bundle, which you get the play and Charge Kit, battery pack, and of course the controller. Rather than the console itself doesn't come with the Play and Charge Kit or the battery pack rather than AA alkaline batteries. (If you recall
    this is how it was with XBox 360 Play and Charge kit as well; a battery pack came standard with the charge cable because there'd be no use for the cable othe.rwise as it simply doesn't charge alkaline batteries.)
  5. MoeZArts Win User

Xbox series x controller question

6. NaZoooom Win User

Why does the Xbox wireless elite series 2 controller not have a removable battery?

Hi Bradleylong,

It is a great question and something I guess can’t really be answered within the forum, Tbh, I am not thrilled about it either. I am happy with the current system of buying a controller with a play & charge kit as any issues with charging and its as simple
    as buying a new battery pack.

It will be interesting to see if the new Series X follows and has its controller battery pack sealed.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X controller not charging while off with battery pack - Similar Threads - Series controller charging

2. Xbox One Play-&-Charge rechargeable battery (official) doesn't work with Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Play-&-Charge rechargeable battery (official) doesn't work with Series X controller: I recently received a Series X controller as a gift. I am trying to use my old Xbox One's Plug-and-Play rechargeable battery in my new Series X controller. It is fully charged and it fits...
  3. Xbox USB-C PLay and Charge Kit Battery Performance On Xbox Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox USB-C PLay and Charge Kit Battery Performance On Xbox Series X controller: I'm Having Performance Issues with PNC Battery Pack normally or Previously getting 30 to 40 hours PLay time. On Xbox Ones New pack New Hardware Xbox series X controller I'm seeing only 2 to 4...
  4. Series X controllers with Play and Xbox Charge Kit Design issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controllers with Play and Xbox Charge Kit Design issue: It appears all the new official Xbox play and charge kit Battery pack is bit small as it moves down in the back of the controller and disconnect the controller while in play just by tapping on the...
  5. Xbox series s controller not charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s controller not charging: Got and xbox series s controller and after 13 days it stopped charging. At first I used the 2 batteries that came with the controller but died in a bad then the next day use AA batteries again and...
  6. xbox series s controller not charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s controller not charging: Hi there, I have bought an Xbox series s, This is my first console. There were 2 batteries with the controller, Are they rechargeable? can I recharge the controller by connecting the controller...
  7. Why does Xbox recommend charging your elite series 2 controller from an Xbox console or PC...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox recommend charging your elite series 2 controller from an Xbox console or PC...: Does charging from a wall shorten its batter capacity? I don't know much about tech. 3a540774-4fc4-45c3-9920-36c3aee612dd
  8. Play and Charge kit battery not charging in Xbox Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Play and Charge kit battery not charging in Xbox Series X controller: The battery in my Play and Charge kit doesn't seem to be charging. I have tried plugging my controller directly into the Xbox, both whilst playing and whilst the console is on Standby; I have...
  9. New Series X controller doesn't work while charging charge and play Kit?

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X controller doesn't work while charging charge and play Kit?: I was playing Rocket League when my battery dried out, the moment I connected the USB C cable I lost all the control of the car and it reacted like I was constantly pushing RT, without registering...
  10. The new Xbox elite series 2 controller's battery can't be charged

in XBoX on Consoles
    The new Xbox elite series 2 controller's battery can't be charged: The new Xbox elite series 2 controller's battery can't be charged I received the new Xbox elite series 2 controller last night, and I've connected it to my xbox and updated its drive, all of the...