Xbox series X controller not connecting properly to PC (using USB-C cable)

Discus and support Xbox series X controller not connecting properly to PC (using USB-C cable) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I understand this is a common problem with other people as I have googled multiple fixes for this but all are still to no avail. The problem being... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Cautious_Big9587, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Xbox series X controller not connecting properly to PC (using USB-C cable)

So I understand this is a common problem with other people as I have googled multiple fixes for this but all are still to no avail. The problem being is when I try and connect try and connect to my xbox controller using a USB-C cable plugged into my PC it will either connect and then the slightest of movement will make it disconnect or it will not connect at all. (Vibrates no matter what outcome if that's any use). This happened a while back and I followed all troubleshooting steps etc and used all different USB-C cables and then magically it just started working again. That lasted for around a month and now the issue is back again. Any help would be appreciated, thanks Xbox series X controller not connecting properly to PC (using USB-C cable) :)

submitted by /u/Cautious_Big9587
    [link] [comments]

/u/Cautious_Big9587, Jan 9, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Electric Volt controller connect to Win10 via cable

Hi,

Almost any USB C to USB A cable (your standard USB Phone/tablet charge cable) will work fine for PC or console gaming with a Series X type controller. I use a 2M USB C cable to connect my Series X controller to my PC.

I don't have any Bluetooth issues, but using a cable does avoid changing the batteries so much. 😁
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One

the plug n play charge battery is the same for both, it is the charging cable that is different. the series x version comes with a USB C cable and the standard xbox one comes with a micro usb cable.

i couldnt get the usb c version for my series controller so i just bought the xbox one version and use a third party usb c cable for charging.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Elite Controller Series 2 will no longer charge or connect to Xbox or PC?

Hi,

You can use a controller without a battery if it's connected with a USB cable. If you remove the battery and connect to either a console or PC with the cable, does the controller turn on? interact with the device you connect it to?

If your controller doesn't work, try another cable. The cable for the Series 2 needs to be a USB to USB C cable. The cable needs to be able to send data as well as charge - most cables designed for phones and tablets that use USB C are capable of sending
    data.

If your controller still doesn't power up after changing the cable, then its likely your controller has a fault.
  5. KeanueReeves Win User

Elite Controller Series 2 will no longer charge or connect to Xbox or PC?

My controller is the elite series 2 controller, so I cannot remove the battery.

As I mentioned in my original post, the controller will not connect to my PC or Xbox with the correct USB C cable, and it will not charge or connect with the multiple cables I tried to use.

Is there a way I can send this in to get repaired?
  6. CCN_HsK Win User

Xbox Series X type-c port?

On the video, Xbox Series X has USB type A only.

The new controller, I think is type-A (Xbox Series X) to type-c (controller). (Elite2 is a to c usb)
Thema:

Xbox series X controller not connecting properly to PC (using USB-C cable)

1. Xbox series X controller not connecting properly to PC (using USB-C cable) - Similar Threads - series controller connecting

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Bluetooth Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Bluetooth Connection Issues: I just recently got a Elite Series 2 Controller and was looking forward to using it wirelessly with my PC running Windows 11. I am able to connect it fine over bluetooth but once i get into a game...
  3. Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller fails to stay connected for 2 minutes on a full battery...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller fails to stay connected for 2 minutes on a full battery...: As the title states, randomly my controller doesn’t seem to want to function anymore. Being plugged in, it likes to shut itself off and not power back on and doesn’t seem to charge. Using my...
  4. Controller Connection Issues on the Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Connection Issues on the Series X: What’s up guys. Just some context before I get in to the meat of this post. The last few days since I’ve set up my Series X, the controllers I use will (often) begin having connection issues and...
  5. XBOX series X controller won't connect to XBOX

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX series X controller won't connect to XBOX: XBOX series X controller keeps disconnecting. At first, connecting via USB and updating the controller in settings would allow me to play until I shut it off, then I had to update the controller...
  6. xbox one elite series 2 controller connection issues

in XboX Insiders
    xbox one elite series 2 controller connection issues: Hello I recently installed the world war z game and it didnt seem to support my controller, or at least I tried to connect it many different ways even decided to just give in and install the...
  7. Xbox Elite series 2 controller doesnt connect to bluetooth once the controller turns off it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller doesnt connect to bluetooth once the controller turns off it...: Hello my contoller never connects to my Pc even i paired him to my pc. If i delete the profile of my controller out of bluetooth then i can re pair and it works - once i turn off the controller or...
  8. Xbox Series X losing connectivity to headset and controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X losing connectivity to headset and controller: I have a razer thresher wireless headset that will randomly not sync, also at times my razer wolverine wired controller will act odd so I will unplug the USB from the Xbox and it will not...
  9. Please fix the Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller when connecting to Windows 10 using Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please fix the Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller when connecting to Windows 10 using Bluetooth: Many users, including myself, are unable to connect their Elite Series 2 controller to their Windows 10 PCs using Bluetooth. Following the help / support guides we are prompted to download the...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller can't connect via Bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller can't connect via Bluetooth on PC: My Xbox Elite Series 2 controller hasn't been able to connect to my PC through Bluetooth after updating the controller through Xbox Accessories (on xbox one). Anytime I go to connect it through...