Xbox Series X controller not working properly with Turtle Beach audio

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller not working properly with Turtle Beach audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I haven't been able to find any answer to this online so I thought I would try here. I've been playing my new Xbox series X and it's been great. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bgranz10, Nov 14, 2020.

1. bgranz10
    bgranz10 Guest

Hi,

I haven't been able to find any answer to this online so I thought I would try here. I've been playing my new Xbox series X and it's been great. I have run into an issue with the controller, the one included in the box. I have a Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2
    headset that I use along with the adapter that plugs into the controller. Everything was working fine until yesterday and then I started having issues with the chat volume. I believe this is either a software issue or something to do with the controller itself.
    My old controller does not have the same issue. The headset adapter has a button on the left to adjust game audio and chat audio levels and a button on the right that adjusts the master volume (chat and game combined). For some reason when I am using the new
    controller that came with the series X I can no longer adjust chat and game volume on the left side. So what I am dealing with is low voice chat that won't seem to adjust. When I turn the master volume up on the right side it works but since I cannot adjust
    the chat to game volume ratio on the left the voice audio is drowned out by the game volume. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue or has a fix? Game settings do not seem to make a difference. The problem appears to be with the new controller.

:)

bgranz10, Nov 14, 2020
  2. Lee8t1 Win User

I am having same problem to... aaaarrrrrrrrr
  3. dvsSublime619 Win User

I'm having the same issue with my hyperX headset. Was working fine on initial set up. Was in a party with buddies, walked away so I turned controller off to save batteries. Came back turned controller on and audio on my left side is very low and muffled
    unless I turn volume though the xbox up very high, then it works fine. Old controller also works fine with no issues and same headset. Hoping it's a software issue being that it works fine on a high volume?
  4. bgranz10 Win User

I still havent found a fix. The onyl thing that seems to help sometimes is if I adjust settings on my old controller and then plug into the new one.
  5. smogman666 Win User

Turtle Beach X41 - Volume Issue

I got an email from TB,

"The Xbox One Update has to be applied to your Xbox One controller and console before your Turtle Beach headset will work properly. This update is supplied by Microsoft Corp., not by Turtle Beach.

The headsets themselves do not have firmware to be updated. The update is for the Xbox One Controller and Adapter to allow chat and/or game audio to be sent from the controller.

Your headset may get some sound from the Xbox One controller, even before you apply the update. However, the sound may be distorted or not work at all. To get the best experience from your Turtle Beach headset, you'll need to update the controller before
    using your Turtle Beach headset."

....ehm, thx for nothing!
  6. R4VER Win User

Microsoft Rewards

Their current flip and win is a xbox one x sweepstake.

There is another for 2 white elite controllers, turtle beach elite pro 2 headset + audio system, 3 months xbox live as a bundle
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X controller not working properly with Turtle Beach audio - Similar Threads - Series controller working

2. Elite Controller Series 1 not working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 1 not working on Xbox Series X: For example, in the game "The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition" on Xbox Series X, the controller, although every time registers a button press of LT, it only rarely registers a button press on RT. In...
  3. Series x controller share button not working since update

in XboX Insiders
    Series x controller share button not working since update: Hi all Randomly my share button is not working correctly, if i tap it records a clip and if i hold it takes a clip.. I have remapped to switch them around and now it only takes screenshots and...
  4. Series X Controller Audio Not Working With Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X Controller Audio Not Working With Windows 10: The title is fairly self-explanatory - my Series X controller only outputs audio from Windows 10 through the controller's 3.5mm jack when the controller is connected via USB C - this does not seem...
  5. Xbox series x controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller not working: Im pissed i paid almost 600 dollars for this thing and its not working my controller is not working at all like were do i go from now spend more money in a Pandemic @microsoft what do i do...
  6. Xbox One Play-&-Charge rechargeable battery (official) doesn't work with Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Play-&-Charge rechargeable battery (official) doesn't work with Series X controller: I recently received a Series X controller as a gift. I am trying to use my old Xbox One's Plug-and-Play rechargeable battery in my new Series X controller. It is fully charged and it fits...
  7. Xbox elite series 1 controller not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox elite series 1 controller not working: My controller will turn on but it will not connect to my xbox. I have tried the pairing button, it does not even flash the light it just stays the same. I have also tried plugging it into my xbox,...
  8. xbox series x controller thumbsticks are probably not working correctly?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox series x controller thumbsticks are probably not working correctly?: Hello, I've noticed the thumbsticks on my controller do not always center to exactly the middle, according to the controller tester in windows or a controller testing website. I want to know if...
  9. Xbox Series Controller stops working after 20 seconds after plugging into the USB port in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series Controller stops working after 20 seconds after plugging into the USB port in...: My white Series S controller stops responding after plugging a Type C cable into it, using one of the USB ports on the console. The white Xbox logo still glows but nothing happens when I use it...
  10. Xbox Series X Controller not working on certain games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Controller not working on certain games: Hi, I'm using the xbox series X controller for windows 10 PC. On a number of games, the controller does not work correctly. On Tekken 7, pressing one button will activate 2 (e.g. i press A...